View Poll Results: who would win in a fight?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • superman and wonder woman

50 84.75%
  • green lantern and star sapphire

9 15.25%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default who would win? superman and wonderwoman vs green lantern and star sapphire

a few months back, i made a thread pitting aquaman and mera against hawkman and hawkgirl. it was fun to speculate.

now can we discuss which couple would win?

yes, im brash enough to declare that hal and carol can take on clark and diana.

chime in if y'wanna play.
    Last edited by liwanag; 04-11-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

powerful tank-like characters like Superman and Wonder Woman tend to be shown being more powerful then single Green lantern.

Which versions of these characters? Current? Post-Crisis? Amalgamation of all the versions throughout the decades?

Superman alone has been known to be able to hold his own against entire platoons of GL's, so with Wonder Woman at his side against just two ring wielders, it would be a massacre.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I really enjoyed your Aqua-Hawk thread, but yeah, there's no hope in hell for Hal and Carol here. They're tough, absolutely, but we're talking about Superman and Wonder Woman. Superman is, absolutely and beyond question, the most powerful person on earth in the current DCU. He's bench pressed the earth's estimated weight for days on end and survived a black hole as well as the two month trip back. Diana's the god of war, one of the most skilled combatants on the planet and one of the very few who can keep up with Clark. She's held her own against Zod and Faora at the same time, battled gods on higher dimensions and already knocked Hal around pretty handily.

If nothing else, we need merely look at how Diana and Clark have held up against Orion (they're on roughly equal footing), and compare that to Hal's record against Orion (Hal was lucky to get away alive).

None of this is to discount the skill, talent, experience, and raw power Hal (and to a lesser extent Carol) has; against almost any other opponents they'd have great odds, but they're just out of their League here and outclassed in almost every way.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Which versions of these characters? Current? Post-Crisis? Amalgamation of all the versions throughout the decades?
    ok, wow, i just realized comicvine does this soooo much better. ok, uhmm, here goes..

- all characters are pre-nu 52 versions. so kal and diana are not the power couple they are now, clark is still with lois and diana is not the god of war. there are no yellow weaknesses for the power ring (would this even matter?). diana is in armor, carries a shield and has a gladius in her scabbard in addition to her lasso and tiara. im not sure if we should the predator inside star sapphire..

- all combatants are to act in character, so morals are on and i guess there will be no intention to kill or maim, but most likely to knock out or incapacitate.

- and since they are to act in character, i cant imagine theyll fight in a populated city. lets say deep space. or wait, can wonder woman effectively fight in deep space? maybe we should move the fight somewhere in the upper earth atmosphere to low earth orbit that way we can still minimize collateral damage.

- so why would they fight instead of just talk it out and figure out a sensible solution? uhmm... how about their memories have been wiped and they have no previous knowledge of each team, the power ring can still retain its a.i. and information on kryptonian physiology. each teams goal would be to acquire (or at least prevent the other team) a very powerful artifact in geosynchronous orbit around the earth. infinity gauntlet, cosmic cube, whatever take your pick.

whew.. ok, hope that covers it. this is all just for fun, and if you feel you would like to post scans that will be cool.

p.s.

somehow i just know my team will get trashed, but hey, i still believe in them..

do i even have scans for this.. groan..
    Last edited by liwanag; 04-11-2015 at 08:55 PM.

Wonder Woman would murder everyone
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Wonder Woman would murder everyone
    hahaha. no she's with superman...

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I'd say that we, the onlookers, would definitely be the winners when Wondy and Star Sapphire start going at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Superman alone has been known to be able to hold his own against entire platoons of GL's, so with Wonder Woman at his side against just two ring wielders, it would be a massacre.
    i really wish the lanterns were better portrayed power wise since they are supposed to handle galactic level concerns in their respective space sectors. i sometimes feel that when dc wants to prop up a character and show how bad ass that character is, they use green lanterns as punching bags. funny a lot of these green lanterns wear red shirts.

in fairness to superman though, he tends to be used a lot as well as a punching bag by humans wearing armors run by earth tech.

What happened in these two events?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really enjoyed your Aqua-Hawk thread, but yeah, there's no hope in hell for Hal and Carol here. They're tough, absolutely, but we're talking about Superman and Wonder Woman. Superman is, absolutely and beyond question, the most powerful person on earth in the current DCU. He's bench pressed the earth's estimated weight for days on end and survived a black hole as well as the two month trip back. Diana's the god of war, one of the most skilled combatants on the planet and one of the very few who can keep up with Clark. She's held her own against Zod and Faora at the same time, battled gods on higher dimensions and already knocked Hal around pretty handily.

If nothing else, we need merely look at how Diana and Clark have held up against Orion (they're on roughly equal footing), and compare that to Hal's record against Orion (Hal was lucky to get away alive).

None of this is to discount the skill, talent, experience, and raw power Hal (and to a lesser extent Carol) has; against almost any other opponents they'd have great odds, but they're just out of their League here and outclassed in almost every way.

Hal was holding back,and in the end he was letting her have it.
    Hal is still more powerful then wonder woman.

Icon was shown only one time in static shock comic and his own powers going by the older comics he still would be more powerful then superman in the new52,but we have not seen enough of him in new 52 and he will be heading back to the milestone universe soon.
    Others i believe or are more powerful then superman would be phantom stranger,pandora,shazam,the spectre,white lantern kyle rayner,and i think val-zod but that's earth 2.
    Some others that maybe are more powerful is alan scott and doctor fate.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-12-2015 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

Icon was shown only one time in static shock comic and his own powers going by the older comics he still would be more powerful then superman in the new52,but we have not seen enough of him in new 52 and he will be heading back to the milestone universe soon.
    Others i believe or are more powerful then superman would be phantom stranger,pandora,shazam,the spectre,white lantern kyle rayner,and i think val-zod but that's earth 2.
    Icon isnt in the DCU, despite a panel appearance. And as I recall his series in the 90's, he wasn't anywhere near Clark's current power levels. Shazam likewise hasn't done anything to suggest he's beyond his post-Crisis power levels while Clark most certainly is. Kyle and the Stranger, yeah they most likely have more raw power. No idea about Pandora, but given what she did to Barry and the timestream in Flashpoint I'd believe it. Everyone else is on Earth-2.

But the OP said post-Crisis power levels so this is all moot.

That being the case, OP, the odds become much more even (though Carol becomes even less experienced). I'd still give the advantage to Clark and Diana but Hal and Carol would have a solid chance of pulling the win. I'd guess something like a 4/6 win ratio.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

None of those characters are on Superman or Wonder Woman's level. Val-Zod is kind of a joke, isn't he supposed to be a pacifist or something? Millions are dying in a war with Darkseid, and you're talking about pacifism. Stupid.

Kyle Rayner is dead, isn't he? At least taking a break?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    What happened in these two events?

same question here. so did they fight? who won? and it has dr fate on the cover, so that's cool.

oh, and also, can the power ring simulate/emit kryptonite radiation?