View Poll Results: who would win in a fight?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • superman and wonder woman

50 84.75%
  • green lantern and star sapphire

9 15.25%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

another aspect on this match up is who works better as a team? given that the objective of the fight is to acquire an artifact in space, i think pre nu 52 hal and carol would work better as a team.

Astonishing Member

star sapphire can summon the predator in infinite crisis. can she do the same in her comic version?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I didnt think the Sapphires could teleport either. Someone mentioned that a page or three back though, and I figured I must have forgot about the ability. I haven't read any Lantern titles since Johns left other than Soule's Red Lanterns so my memory could easily be off.

The communication aspect is a good call, I hadnt actually considered that. On the other hand, by post-Crisis standards Clark and Diana had been working together on a regular basis for a decade or more, so I imagine a lot of it is intuitive. Still, that's an advantage for the Lanterns.

I think if you want a really good battle for Clark and Diana you have to go outside their box. You're not going to find anyone who can out muscle them or out-fight them (well, Diana), and they can withstand more punishment and go longer than almost anyone. So you gotta put together a team to go after their weak points. For Clark, maybe a telepath (J'onn will never be as strong, fast, or tough as Clark but his telepathy alone makes up the difference) and for Diana, some sort of transmuter who could destabilize her form and revert her to clay, like Firestorm or someone. Then the problem becomes hitting the super-fast, highly experienced and skilled targets before they hit you, disrupt your focus, and knock you the hell out.

And I've enjoyed these threads. The Rumbles forum is fun sometimes, but this feels a lot less lawyered and casual. And with Rumbles, whoever is the fastest almost always wins anyway.
    Re: reverting Diana to clay

No. This is one of those things that just keep getting tossed out there. "Reverting" Wonder Woman to clay through super science or other conventional means is a womp-womp. She is not a golem; she is not animated clay (or marble or stone or whatever). She was given life by the Gods of Olympus in the same way that humanity's legendary first pairing were called to life by the JudeoChristian entity.

There is only one legitimate pseudo example of this and it was War of the Gods. It took a ridiculous and unparalleled level of power. And it had to deal with the actualities of the conditions around Diana's creation. That means a chronal component to age her back to a baby (the "easier" part) followed by component to remove Diana's soul from the living vessel and a final component to neutralize the divine energies that converted the clay/marble/whatever to living tissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Re: reverting Diana to clay

No. This is one of those things that just keep getting tossed out there. "Reverting" Wonder Woman to clay through super science or other conventional means is a womp-womp. She is not a golem; she is not animated clay (or marble or stone or whatever). She was given life by the Gods of Olympus in the same way that humanity's legendary first pairing were called to life by the JudeoChristian entity.

There is only one legitimate pseudo example of this and it was War of the Gods. It took a ridiculous and unparalleled level of power. And it had to deal with the actualities of the conditions around Diana's creation. That means a chronal component to age her back to a baby (the "easier" part) followed by component to remove Diana's soul from the living vessel and a final component to neutralize the divine energies that converted the clay/marble/whatever to living tissue.
    Hey, I never liked it when that happened either (it seems like a lazy writer's kryptonite to me), but it did happen, within the continuity we were using, so as far as Im concerned its fair game. If it saw print, then whatever. Gotta roll with it. Though Firestorm likely doesnt have the skill or the power to undo or alter mystically constructed atomic bonds. But it was just an example. Zatanna or Dr. Fate would have likely been better options but Firestorm was the first one that came to mind.

If we had been using the Golden Age, Plastic Man would have been perfect. All he'd have to do is wrap himself around her and she'd be powerless.

Also, this thread? Wow, forgot about this one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Awesome arguments actually.

Although I got confused with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If we had been using the Golden Age, Plastic Man would have been perfect. All he'd have to do is wrap himself around her and she'd be powerless.
    Anybody care to fill me in golden age Plastic Man?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    star sapphire can summon the predator in infinite crisis. can she do the same in her comic version?

on a very far tangent, infinite crisis is shutting down on august.

at least in that game a pairing of hal and sapphire top lane can shut down superman and wonder woman.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Awesome arguments actually.

Although I got confused with this:

Anybody care to fill me in golden age Plastic Man?
    In the Golden Age, Wonder Woman would lose her powers if she was "bound by a man" so all you had to do was get her in a pair of handcuffs and she'd be powerless.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Hal and Carol would be a formidable duo to say the least, but my money would still be on Clark and Diana.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Anybody seen this?

Wonder Woman // a short by Rainfall Films - YouTube

or
    Wonder Woman short film, starring Rileah the Vanderbilt and directed by Sam Balcomb
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucWkv3OytNA

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Hal and Carol would be a formidable duo to say the least, but my money would still be on Clark and Diana.
    a majority of the posters here seem to agree with you.

still..it would be an awesome fight though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    What happened in these two events?

just wanted to visit the above images. does anybody know what happened in these issues?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Anybody seen this?

Wonder Woman // a short by Rainfall Films - YouTube

or
    Wonder Woman short film, starring Rileah the Vanderbilt and directed by Sam Balcomb
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucWkv3OytNA
    kudos to the people who made this.

now that hal has the gauntlet of krona, would the odds swing to hal and carols favor?