View Poll Results: who would win in a fight?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • superman and wonder woman

50 84.75%
  • green lantern and star sapphire

9 15.25%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

depends on the match up. Since you didn't specify about carol, Ill say shes being possessed by Predator. She'll pretend to gain Superman's sympathy then beat him. Green Lantern and WW would end up in a draw (since WW isn't a god of war) with WW almost winning and Carol coming in for the final kill helping her bf.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Icon isnt in the DCU, despite a panel appearance. And as I recall his series in the 90's, he wasn't anywhere near Clark's current power levels. Shazam likewise hasn't done anything to suggest he's beyond his post-Crisis power levels while Clark most certainly is. Kyle and the Stranger, yeah they most likely have more raw power. No idea about Pandora, but given what she did to Barry and the timestream in Flashpoint I'd believe it. Everyone else is on Earth-2.

But the OP said post-Crisis power levels so this is all moot.

That being the case, OP, the odds become much more even (though Carol becomes even less experienced). I'd still give the advantage to Clark and Diana but Hal and Carol would have a solid chance of pulling the win. I'd guess something like a 4/6 win ratio.
    As of 2012, Icon has yet to be seen in DC's The New 52 universe, outside of a brief cameo in Static Shock #8.

Icon and superman had about equal strength or icon had near equal strength in the pre-new 52.

So superman is stronger but keep in mind both do not have limitless strength like hulk or sentry.

I looked up smarted they are
    Current superman is a genius post-crisis superman is not but he is really smart.
    Icon is super genius.

Icon
    Superhuman Strength: Icon possesses vast superhuman strength.

Superhuman Speed and Reflexes: Icon possesses the ability to think, move, and react at superhuman speeds.

Superhuman Stamina: Icon possesses highly efficient musculature which produces almost no fatigue toxins, granting him almost limitless stamina in all physical activities.
    OR
    Superhuman Stamina: Icon never gets tired or fatigued, because he possesses a highly efficient musculature structure that produces no fatigue toxins, thus granting him limitless stamina.

Flight: Icon flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed. Icon can fly far beyond supersonic speeds, but it is unknown if he can achieve nearly the speed of light.

Superhuman Senses: Icon possesses superhuman senses of sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing.

Enhanced Mental Perception: Icon possesses the ability to sense & comprehend things on levels that far exceed human capabilities.

Invulnerability: Icon seems to possess high-invulnerability & durability, being capable of withstanding tremendous impact forces, high caliber bullets, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. He is even capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided.Icon's invulnerability has not been portrayed consistently. If he is not expecting an attack, he can be injured more easily. For example, in Icon #2, he sustains a bloody nose from getting hit in the face with the butt of a rifle that surprised him. After being injured by Payback, Icon began wearing alien body armor to grant him further protection.

Energy Generation: Icon has the ability to generate and control a radiant energy based on positrons.He can manipulate this energy for various effects.

Concussive Force Bolts: Icon can release positron energy from his hands as bolts of concussive force.

Stun Bolts: Icon can project low-energy bolts that render human beings unconscious by disrupting the electrical impulses in their nervous systems. Icon can also use these bolts like an electromagnetic pulse to overload electronic devices.

Energy Enhanced Punches: Icon can focus positron energy into his fists, which he can then use to shatter virtually any substance.

Energy Pulse: Icon can release all of his body's positron energy as a massive omnidirectional pulse of devastating power.

Positron Field: Icon can detect the presence of Bang Babies within his vicinity by flooding an area with a field of positrons. The field interacts with the invisible quantum well surrounding a Bang Baby, who then glows as he or she gives off mild gamma particles. Hence, Icon can use these fields to distinguish Bang Babies from other metahumans as well as normal humans

Enhanced Senses: Icon possesses superhuman senses (the extent of which are unknown). He is constantly aware of his own state of being, physical health, and mental status. All of Icon's senses are immune to sensory overload.

other info
    Energy Constructs: Icon can create constructs out of Positron energy.
    Omnidirectional Energy Waves: Icon can release all of his body's positron energy as massive positron waves in ever direction, causing devastating damage.

Anyway here are the powers

Strength-equal or superman
    Superhuman Speed: Icon's top speed is unknown, but he's shown to have comparable speed to Flash and Superman.
    Flight speed-superman

Superhuman Agility-equal
    Superhuman Reflexes-equal
    Stamina-icon OR EQUAL
    Enhanced Senses-icon
    Self-Sustenance-icon-does not need the the yellow sun and could go anywhere in space
    Invulnerability-ICON take it/less weakness then superman.
    Accelerated Healing-equal
    Energy Generation-icon

Hand-to-Hand Combatant-icon he been around longer has been in the military.
    Durability-icon
    Regenerative Healing Factor-EQUAL

Icon is more powerful then superman.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-12-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

As for post-crisis superman and icon,icon is more powerful.

I read when they were fighting,it was a stalemate in the end but icon was winning the most.
    Icon knocked out superman,superman never knocked him out.
    Icon in one scene overpowered superman in a fist fight,dumping superman's head in the water.
    Superman use his heat vision,but was not able to knock out icon.
    Icon use his energy powers and superman was knocked out.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-12-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

is this superman v icon or smww v glss?

Incredible Member

lol. dude, this thread is supposed to be about superman & wonder woman versus green lantern & star sapphire. hence the title. not superman vs icon.

Extraordinary Member

By the way shazam is about equal or abit more powerful then superman.
    If black adam is more powerful then superman,so is shazam.

Extraordinary Member

Now back to topic.

Well post-crisis hal was about equal to superman in power but john stewart i think was abit more powerful.

Now hal vs superman.
    I think superman may have been shown to be more powerful and other times hal was,but at the end of the post crisis hal was more powerful then superman since hal did beat krona.

So for post crisis it depends on the writer,time period or story but at the end of post-crisis hal and star sapphire will take it.

New 52,superman and wonder woman might take it or stalemate but i do not know how powerful star sapphire is compared to wonder woman,but it seems new 52 superman is abit more powerful so far then hal but they are still in the same power/tier group.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-12-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    same question here. so did they fight? who won? and it has dr fate on the cover, so that's cool.

oh, and also, can the power ring simulate/emit kryptonite radiation?
    Apparently in that story that's not actually Jordan, but someone duplicating him, but yes the ring there can simulate kryptonite, and here he's making a planet sized chunk. Also in GL: Last Will Jordan, (as his dying will made "real") describes how if he ever had to take out Superman he would simulate kyrptonite. So yes he can. Just don't know if he's ever had to.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-02-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Icon isnt in the DCU, despite a panel appearance. And as I recall his series in the 90's, he wasn't anywhere near Clark's current power levels. Shazam likewise hasn't done anything to suggest he's beyond his post-Crisis power levels while Clark most certainly is. Kyle and the Stranger, yeah they most likely have more raw power. No idea about Pandora, but given what she did to Barry and the timestream in Flashpoint I'd believe it. Everyone else is on Earth-2.

But the OP said post-Crisis power levels so this is all moot.

That being the case, OP, the odds become much more even (though Carol becomes even less experienced). I'd still give the advantage to Clark and Diana but Hal and Carol would have a solid chance of pulling the win. I'd guess something like a 4/6 win ratio.
    ill give hal and carol a bigger ratio of winning if the fight happens in space or even low earth orbit. i really think the location of the encounter will be a game changer for the lanterns.

heres how i see things happening.

- hal and carol are skilled pilots, and i imagine hal to be more skilled at aerial dog fights. not just because of of his air force training, but his experience as a green lantern. that being said, hal and carols spatial awareness, orientation, team coordination, should be exceptional. i imagine fighter pilots are trained to assess opponents and react accordingly in high stress situations.

- gl and ss are optimized for long range fights, but can easily adapt to close quarter combat. superman does as well with his heat vision, and with his speed has a killer gap closer. superman and diana have the advantage in hand to hand combat as they are beasts in that department.

- can anybody tell me how wonder woman would fare in high altitude combat? i imagine her to be a melle fighter, and though she has vast knowledge of military doctrine, wouldnt they be more specialized on ground and naval warfare?

- supes and ww can tank the initial power bursts of gl and ss, but i guess the power ring and sapphire gem can do so as well.

- the clincher is star sapphires ability to teleport. gl can peel one of the opponents away, then sapphire can teleport to gl making it a 2 vs 1 fight. they can then tag team the remaining opponent. another tactic could be where gl can use his rings crowd control abilities to delay both kal and diana, sapphire can then nab the prized possession and put it in her personal pocket dimension (do sapphires have one?), and proceed to help out gl in the fight or tactical retreat.

again, by placing the fight somewhere in the upper earth atmosphere would give the lanterns advantage and tip the fight to thier favor 6 out of 4 (7 out of 3?).

what do you guys think? again this discussion is just for fun, i love all 4 characters actually.

and for whats its worth, i own action figures of gl, supes and ww. havent gotten around to buying one of ss yet.
    Last edited by liwanag; 04-12-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I added some info about superman vs gl fight.
    By the way i should say even in post-crisis it could be stalemate and go either way too since i am still not to clear how powerful star-sapphire(carol) is to wonder woman but there are number of star sapphires by the way with varied power levels just like the green lanterns and kryptonians.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Apparently in that story that's not actually Jordan, bit someone duplicating him, but yes the ring there can simulate kryptonite, and here he's making a planet sized chunk. Also in GL: Last Will Jordan, (as his dying will made "real") describes how if he ever had to take out Superman he would simulate kyrptonite. So yes he can. Just don't know if he's ever had to.
    that wouldnt be very fair in this fight if the power ring can create kryptonite energy. but looking at the poll results above, gl might need that advantage. lol.

Real quick before I forget; I can only think of one time Hal was able to conjure up kryptonite, and it was during his Parallax phase. If its happened before or since, I either forgot or wasnt aware of it to begin with. I know he's powerful enough to do it, but whether he can create that exact radiation signature without the extra aid from Parallax is unknown, as far as I am aware. But Hal's never been one for details, so I would assume that he has no idea what kryptonite's molecular makeup looks like, so radiation is likely out. And really, has that ever worked anyway? Go ask Lex Luthor, the Kryptonite Man, Conduit, and Metallo. If it doesnt work for them, its not going to work for Hal either; all it'll do is make the fight a life-or-death scenario for Superman and encourage him to not hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    ill give hal and carol a bigger ratio of winning if the fight happens in space or even low earth orbit. i really think the location of the encounter will be a game changer for the lanterns.
    You've got some solid points. Superman has spent enough time in space so that he's very well adjusted to those particular circumstances, Diana however, is not. The nice thing about being super strong flying bricks like they are is that gravity becomes a suggestion moreso than anything, so I dont think a zero-G environment would throw Diana out of the fight completely, and most of her combat style wouldn't be affected (she's one of the only martial combat masters actually trained for super-human physics where gravity and solid objects dont really matter), but it's certainly out of her comfort zone. The real question for me is whether post-Crisis Diana was able to survive in space with minimal to no equipment. I think she could, but Im not sure. If all she needs is a little oxygen mask, that's one thing, but if she has to be in a full out pressure suit, that becomes a huge factor against her. All Hal or Carol would have to do is either puncture the suit or generate a construct inside the suit with her, and she's out of the fight. Then they can focus on Clark.

As for Carol's ability to teleport, I forgot about that. But doesnt she just summon up portals? It'd be a lot harder to trick either Superman or Wonder Woman into flying into a giant glowing pink portal than it would be to just teleport them Star Trek style. Possible, but difficult.

We also seem to be forgetting Diana's lasso, which had a certain degree of mind control ability. I dont think for a second Diana could bend either Hal or Carol to her whim with the lasso, but it would provide enough of a distraction for Clark to put down whoever was tied up. With the Lantern's focus on pushing off Diana's mental commands, there's little chance they'd be able to raise a strong enough shield to stop Clark, especially if it was one of those "only-got-one-shot-at-this" type things where Clark really gives it his all.

For my money, Carol's the weak link in this fight. If we're going by post-Crisis, she had virtually no experience as a voluntary Sapphire and even less experience fighting people like Clark and Diana who just straight up out-muscle her. Its not like we're talking about some random couple in capes here, Clark and Diana are the pinnacle of super-humanity, it doesnt get any better or bigger than them. But using post-Crisis standards, it'd be a real close battle either way. I still maintain that current Superman could likely deal with them both on his own. But he's very nearly at a Silver Age level of power, and very, very few people come anywhere close to that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

green lantern and star sapphire

better couple, better team

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    green lantern and star sapphire

better couple, better team

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Apparently in that story that's not actually Jordan, bit someone duplicating him, but yes the ring there can simulate kryptonite, and here he's making a planet sized chunk. Also in GL: Last Will Jordan, (as his dying will made "real") describes how if he ever had to take out Superman he would simulate kyrptonite. So yes he can. Just don't know if he's ever had to.
    does anybody know what the current stand is on the power rings ability to duplicate kryptonite radiation? ive been thinking about it and i have a few questions on it.

- this abiltiy would have have been really helpful for the corps against superboy prime during infinite crisis... or wait, i cant remember if kryptonite does not have any effect on superboy prime...

- can firestorm, or element lad, or dr alchemy, create/transmute kryptonite?

- i have seen stories where captain atom emits red sun radiation to weaken superman. does exposure to red sun immediately weaken kal-el? can captain atom emit kryptonite radiation too?

just a couple of trivial questions i guess before i go back to the main topic...