Default Cain Marko post SW

I would love to see a Juggernaut solo or mini series post SW. With all of the X-Men gone and Xavier dead it essentially means Marko has won, he's achieved basically everything that was his primary motivation for being a villain in the first place simply by dumb luck. So now what does he do? It would be interesting to follow his story and see Marvel's take on what a villain could do with themselves once their dastardly goals are more or less achieved.

A hero turn I feel would be too simplistic and easy a way out, but simple profiteering off of his power in mercenary sort of way I think would strike Marko as being beneath him, (he who once regularly took on entire hero groups en masse). A 9-5 job is out of the question, maybe settling down with some special young lady? How about becoming a wanderer like Cain in Kung-Fu and experiencing random adventures as he roams the world which he would tackle in his own morally ambiguous fashion, sort of like a Have Gun Will Travel/Ronin-esque sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupe1979 View Post
    I would love to see a Juggernaut solo or mini series post SW. With all of the X-Men gone and Xavier dead it essentially means Marko has won, he's achieved basically everything that was his primary motivation for being a villain in the first place simply by dumb luck. So now what does he do? It would be interesting to follow his story and see Marvel's take on what a villain could do with themselves once their dastardly goals are more or less achieved.

A hero turn I feel would be too simplistic and easy a way out, but simple profiteering off of his power in mercenary sort of way I think would strike Marko as being beneath him, (he who once regularly took on entire hero groups en masse). A 9-5 job is out of the question, maybe settling down with some special young lady? How about becoming a wanderer like Cain in Kung-Fu and experiencing random adventures as he roams the world which he would tackle in his own morally ambiguous fashion, sort of like a Have Gun Will Travel/Ronin-esque sort of way.
    Dazzler and all the other characters he's come to like are off-world, dying/dead and sterile now too. He ain't happy.

Cain Marko was a bigot in the 90s, sure he can change his evil stance but I find it hard to believe he'd change his racist attitude against Native Americans.

Dazzler and all the other characters he's come to like are off-world, dying/dead and sterile now too. He ain't happy.

True, (I'll be honest I am not up to date on all his more recent character development, I do know he had a quasi-face turn recently but not the details of it), but he is one of the few X-Characters unaffected by the mist and as such kind of the last man standing... I would be interested to see what that would mean for him.... how one of the oldest X-antagonist reacts to a world without X.

But hasn't he become sort of a... well, not a good guy but... not-such-a-bad-guy? I mean he joined X-Men and buried his hatchet with Professor X and then he was a member of Thunderbolts at some point trying to become a better person (that is what's usually the idea with Thunderbolts, right?). So would he really be happy that Xavier is dead or mutant race is facing extinction while X-Men's school has been closed and the X-Men as a team are in big trouble?