View Poll Results: Have the X-movies failed the X-women?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 40.27%
  • No

28 18.79%
  • The X-movies aren't real X-men movies. Still waiting for that.

45 30.20%
  • I thought this was a fact. Duh.

16 10.74%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Temo View Post
    This is one of the reasons I think The X-men could benefit more going back to Marvel. It really annoyed me that Wolverine was the one going back in time for the movie, instead of Kitty. I felt Storm got a little bit more of attention in X-3, but it was more because of Hally Berry status back then than a real interest in developing the character
    I think it was more a factor of Singer not being there, and Ratner actually seeing Halle as something worthy of having on screen.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

The movies are male bias, heck they stole Kitty abd Rachel's movie and gave it to 3 old white dudes and younger versions of said old white dudes.

Jean, Rogue and Storm have been entirely.mishandled in the movies as well.

It's sad when you consider how the X-Ladies were fir the longest time the strongest female characters that Marvel owns.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

There's no need for Rachel if there's no Scott or Jean. Kitty wasn't alive in the 70s so she couldn't go back giving her Rachel power as a secondary mutation was a nice touch. Halle was pregnant or her role would be better. Mystique was the star of DoFP she's a woman

X-Men Apocalypse has 6 X-Women their time has come what's the problem!? X-Men: Apocalypse has more female heroes than Civil War BvS Suicide Squad etc.

Diversity my eyes are pleased

Comic-Con-2015-San-Diego-Jennifer-Lawrence-Sophie-Turner-and-Olivia-Munn-3.jpg

Wolverine is a cameo at BEST

Professor X is the damsel in distress that his girlfriend Moira his friend Raven and his prized students Jean and Jubilation have to save

Hell it seems like Raven & Moira are the leaders of the X-Men this time.

Magneto isn't the main bad and Psylocke n Storm will be the best villains

X-Women season starts 5/27

X1-X3 + Origins only exist in Logan's head nobody else remembers and he's leaving anyways this is "The Future is never truly set!" This ain't your older brothers X-Men movie's baby!!
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 09-03-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    There's no need for Rachel if there's no Scott or Jean. Kitty wasn't alive in the 70s so she couldn't go back giving her Rachel power as a secondary mutation was a nice touch. Halle was pregnant or her role would be better.
    They killed Emma, Banshee, Angel and all the other First Class X-Men as well as restored Patrick Stewart Xavier and Magneto in the future to MAKE the pieces fit. They could do the same with Jean, or Scott, but they didn't want to.

They already revealed most of those characters aren't dead on X-Men: Rogue Cut director comments Magneto just think they are.

X-Men DoFP main reason for being made was to fix the character deaths.

The corrected future made me cry it was beautiful the way it is.

Cyclops & Jean are back and they'll get better development than those old movies this is New X-Men.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 09-03-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Yeah, I don't buy that the women will get good roles just because they're in the movies. Storm and Psylocke look like they'll get villain roles which already deters some enjoyment from me (I want to see them playing heroes).

Singer doesn't have a good track record with the X-Women, completely ignoring a big part of what made CC's X-Men great, I don't see why he would change this movie.

How many X-Men in the comics start out as villains?

He's already said we'll get power displays from the characters we've never seen in any X Film to date. Everyone has comic accurate gear what more do people want?

Scott + Jean from the beginning who hasn't been dieng for that?

Storm African origin? Sign me up please

Jubilee at the arcade at the mall!? Take my money Singer!

Moira + Xavier dating finally

Mystique and Nightcrawler plus Raven as the film's protagonist. One big step at a time

You think Munn been doing all that training for nothing we're getting Psylocke people! Hold on to your butts

X-Men fans don't like to be happy
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 09-03-2015 at 08:16 AM.

I mean seriously guys just look at the tea leaves.

No Hugh Jackman in a major way

No old Xavier or Eric

There's a lot screen time for grabs right there

Young Xavier is the damsel in distress this time isn't that great!?

Young Eric is a villain but not THE villain.

So much more screen time for grabs

OK so Havoc is the dead X-Man candidate

More screen time for grabs

So who will lead the X-Men? Beast yeah right

Moira is going to rescue her man and Raven is going to lead them.

I don't care about them starting as villains, I care about it cutting into their screen time as heroes. Being mind-controlled = more limited character development compared to the other heroes who get to angst about getting them back.

He's already said we'll get power displays from the characters we've never seen in any X Film to date. Everyone has comic accurate gear what more do people want?
    Saying something is one thing, getting it is another. Again, Singer has done around three X-Movies already. We've seen his work and seen how he's treated or prioritized (and hasn't) the X-Women. He does not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I don't care about it. The Scott and Jean drama actually limits their development as individual characters more than anything, in my opinion. I'd like it better if the the relationship was subtle and didn't get in the way of their character beats.

Getting excited for origins when it will probably mean nothing to the actual movie... I had little problem with how Rogue was introduced in X1, it was how she was treated afterwards that I didn't like.

Meh.

Mystique and Nightcrawler plus Raven as the film's protagonist. One big step at a time
    I like Mystique, but not in the role she's had in the Prequels. She works a lot better as a villain, with her softer sides coming out with Destiny (which we haven't been introduced to either).

You think Munn been doing all that training for nothing we're getting Psylocke people! Hold on to your butts
    It really depends on the role she gets. Of course action scense are nice, but henchmen for the main bad guys rarely get many lines. She might totally be silent the whole film. :/

lol it has nothing to do with that. I was excited for the X-Films because I thought they were going to evolve and I kept giving them passes for them to develop into sharing more screen time between members and giving the girls more spotlight. That hope died each sequel we got... so no, I'm not getting my hopes up this film.

So whose getting all this development this film then if not the X-Women? Havok?

The old movie's don't matter so I'm not even going to debate who got what screen time stop being stuck in the past get with the times.

Women are the New stars of genre films so of course the Women will get expanded roles from now on

BANNED

In X-Men DOFP, in order to change the future Wolverine had to be sent back in time to change the actions of Mystique. I agree prior X-Men movies gave the X-Women short shrift but so too have the comics when they focused too much on the struggle of Xavier versus Magneto. The comics moved on from Xavier versus Magneto quite some time ago. It's only recent that the movies have done the same (in DOFP the sentinels were the main enemy in the future forcing all the mutants to work together).

X-Men DOFP also undoes what Xavier did to young Jean (block her powers away) and the fact they got a rising star like Sophie Turner to play Jean Grey to me shows they intend to do a lot with her.

It does not take away from Storm or Psylocke's characterization to start them out as villains. Really in the comics she spent part of her youth as a thief and Psylocke was a ninja assassin. Fox is also heavily promoting Olivia Munn so clearly they intend to use her in future movies. Warrior women are popular in film and tv look at Kill Bill, Xena, Wonder Woman, etc. The Avengers and Captain America have Black Widow. As for Storm she probably has more to do in this than she did in the first two X-Men films. Finally she's given an origin.

BANNED

So whose getting all this development this film then if not the X-Women? Havok?

The old movie's don't matter so I'm not even going to debate who got what screen time stop being stuck in the past get with the times.

Women are the New stars of genre films so of course the Women will get expanded roles from now on
    Agreed. Look at how the Black Widow has such important roles in Captain America and the Avengers. Clearly Fox is promoting Munn not just for this film but for future films. For the same reason they got a major rising star Sophie Turner to play Jean Grey as they have big plans for her coming up. Storm's role is expanded too. And Jennifer Lawrence's role of Mystique got substantially expanded upon from Rebecca Romaine's role in X-Men one in which she never SPOKE!

I know i'm happy and excited! Psylocke, Storm, Archangel, Nightcrawler, Mystique and Magneto in one movie! 6 out of my top 10!
    Plus as you said 5 major X-super heroines with powers! It's a record!

Extraordinary Member

X-Men: Apocalypse has to be a record for most female super hero in one movie next year

Mystique
    Moira
    Storm
    Jean Grey
    Jubilee
    Psylocke

X-Men fans and Comic fans should be happy in May

Attachment 26524

Such diversity as well... gotta love it compared to BvS only Lois and WW... CW only Agent 13 BW and SW

But X-Men 5 of the 6 women have powers but Moira is still a bad ass
    You are forgetting a cameo at least from aunt may in civil war.

What comes to FoX-Men films so far they have been terrible on women when you compare it to the comics. Out of all the female characters to get focus have been Jean and Mystique. Unfortunately the film focusing on Jean wasn't the greatest and Mystique is a villain who has gotten a lot of the focus simply because she is played by a big name.

Using big name actors has been one of the problems with Fox. They cast big name in a non-main character role and then they end up having to give that non-main character focus when the actor Is/becomes a big name. Marvel has handled that much better by either casting smaller names or not giving side characters the main focus just because they are played by a big name. But I digress.

We'll see if they manage to do better with XM:A. I certainly hope that they will and signs point to that possibility with many female characters added but that still doesn't guarantee anything. We'll have to wait for the film to come out.