View Poll Results: Have the X-movies failed the X-women?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 40.27%
  • No

28 18.79%
  • The X-movies aren't real X-men movies. Still waiting for that.

45 30.20%
  • I thought this was a fact. Duh.

16 10.74%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I expect both Domino and Psylocke to have major roles in 'X-Force', especially if it has the rumored five-person roster.
    I want to see an X-Force movie so bad, but I just know FOX is gonna **** it up. My poor Domino!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    Hopefully with this new "reboot" they'll get right the next time around and have actors who can give some damn pressence beside Hugh Jackman.
    They'll only have one movie to deal with it most likely, seeing as Jackman is claiming he's 99.9% sure his next trip out will be his last. The real question is what do they do once Jackman officially hangs up his claws (I'm still voting for bringing in X-23).

BANNED

I disagree i love the movies and most woman have plenty of screentime.
    1 was about Rogue and Wolverine joining the x-men.
    3 was all about Jean,
    Apart from that Kitty and Storm both hade cool moments i call a what happends to a toad, And i am the juggernaut bitch moments.
    So it was not all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    They'll only have one movie to deal with it most likely, seeing as Jackman is claiming he's 99.9% sure his next trip out will be his last. The real question is what do they do once Jackman officially hangs up his claws (I'm still voting for bringing in X-23).
    Jackman has wavered on that previous claim and said DOFP has reinvigorated him as it relates to the movies.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I think we can all agree on one thing. We're damn lucky that Goyer isn't handling them.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 05-21-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Jackman has wavered on that previous claim and said DOFP has reinvigorated him as it relates to the movies.
    When was this? The 99.9% sure statement was within the last couple weeks.

That would be interesting to see but knowing Singer he would completely ignore everything about the character except the look and only give her stupid one liners about her claws or have everyone asking "Where's Laurar?" Instead of taking care of bidness lol.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

This is kind of why people liked X-Men Evolution because it didn't become the Wolverine show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    I always found it to be such a shame that Singer ignored all the strong personalities the ladies have (I.e. Storm, Rogue, Kitty) and just focused on shirtless Wolverine.
    ...surprising.

When was this? The 99.9% sure statement was within the last couple weeks.
    The below is Jackman changing his stance on giving up Wolverine.

http://news.yahoo.com/hugh-jackman-n...1TDloAq9nQtDMD

This one is Jackman talking about how he can't want to fight Tatum's Gambit.

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/jackman-wa...022600294.html

The early projections are that DOFP could do around 125 million at the box office (Godzilla and Winter Soldier did around 90-95 million) on opening weekend so Jackman isn't stupid. His interest had waned some due to the less than stellar reviews and box office take of the other films but if DOFP performs as well as what people are saying then he knows he stands to make a **** ton of money.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-21-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    This is kind of why people liked X-Men Evolution because it didn't become the Wolverine show.
    My first love was TAS, but on the whole I think Evolution aged a lot better over time. It was much more focused and since all the other X-Men were teens, besides Storm, his relationships with them had to be kept strictly mentor like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juli View Post
    The problem that I have with the Rogue in the movies is that she doesn't have any of the characteristics that I associate with her. She is scared and meek and has little confidence. I know that she has been like that in the comics, but only for an issue or two when she first joined the X-Men. I find the brash southern brawler that she came to be much more interesting.
    She's a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    My first love was TAS, but on the whole I think Evolution aged a lot better over time. It was much more focused and since all the other X-Men were teens, besides Storm, his relationships with them had to be kept strictly mentor like.
    You bet it also has the best version of Nightcrawler as well and I have been in love with that guy ever since.

In general, yes, the movies haven't done a good job portraying the xwomen.

Although she would be counted as more of an Avenger Girl I still think Wanda is the best mutant female character. My favorite X-Men female character would have to be Storm.