Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ooh, I will have to keep a lookout for the CM & Carol Corps series so I don't miss subbing to that. Kinda sad that Captain Marvel is ending right after I subscribe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kuraikawa View Post
    Ooh, I will have to keep a lookout for the CM & Carol Corps series so I don't miss subbing to that. Kinda sad that Captain Marvel is ending right after I subscribe to it.
    If it's a print subscription, you should be switched over to it automatically. But if it's a digital subscription, yeah, you'll have to go in and do it manually once the first issue comes out (though I think Comixology emailed me when the 2014 CM volume started, though at that point I decided to switch over to print since it was the same price and came with the free digital download).

Hmm... This makes me wonder: I've heard that Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, and a few other female-led/-centric series sell disproportionately well digitally versus print (see, e.g., http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...digital-sales/). So, here's my question for everyone: how do you read Captain Marvel?

I'll go first. For KSD's first volume, I was living in Montreal, and there wasn't a good comic store near me, so I read it all digitally, bought through Comixology. KSD's second volume started at roughly the same time I moved back to the US, right smack next to a comic shop, so I started buying it in print, though a good 9/10 I end up reading it digitally anyway—I'm literally the reverse of the norm, in that I think of it as buying the digital and getting a free print copy.

For Carol's older stuff, I mostly read it on Marvel Unlimited, though some stuff I have to search for back issues because it's not on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Weevil View Post
    If it's a print subscription, you should be switched over to it automatically. But if it's a digital subscription, yeah, you'll have to go in and do it manually once the first issue comes out (though I think Comixology emailed me when the 2014 CM volume started, though at that point I decided to switch over to print since it was the same price and came with the free digital download).

Hmm... This makes me wonder: I've heard that Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, and a few other female-led/-centric series sell disproportionately well digitally versus print (see, e.g., http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...digital-sales/). So, here's my question for everyone: how do you read Captain Marvel?

I'll go first. For KSD's first volume, I was living in Montreal, and there wasn't a good comic store near me, so I read it all digitally, bought through Comixology. KSD's second volume started at roughly the same time I moved back to the US, right smack next to a comic shop, so I started buying it in print, though a good 9/10 I end up reading it digitally anyway—I'm literally the reverse of the norm, in that I think of it as buying the digital and getting a free print copy.

For Carol's older stuff, I mostly read it on Marvel Unlimited, though some stuff I have to search for back issues because it's not on there.
    I had just started reading comics again after a 30 year hiatus when the first volume came out so I started reading it through Comixology since I wasn't comfortable going into a LCS at my age. I read all of the available Ms.Marvel issues on Marvel Unlimited. Then bought the trades of the Reed & DeConnick volumes as well as the Essential Ms. Marvel (I had actually bought many of the original 1977 issues as a teen but unfortunately no longer have those.) By the end of the last volume, though, I had found and LCS I was comfortable with and started buying the single issues and using the free digital codes for my iPad reading. So basically I have all issues available in all three forms: single issues, digital issues and trade paperbacks. I do this for all series I like best (with Image I buy both the digital and single issues), otherwise I just buy digitally since it's the easiest way to read. Overkill? Maybe, but I still like to have issues/books I can hold and display. Guess I'm old-fashioned!
    Last edited by klynn; 04-12-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers