Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Default Invincible

Let's see, I believe that last time we were discussing what happened in issue 110 correct?

What were your thoughts on this? What would you like to see in the aftermath?

BANNED

Personally speaking? Nolan ripping Anissa's head off for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Personally speaking? Nolan ripping Anissa's head off for starters.
    Same, but with Mark doing it.

I'm curious how Eve is going to react to the news. Just because her and Mark split for now doesn't mean she won't be sympathetic. They go back way too far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Same, but with Mark doing it.

I'm curious how Eve is going to react to the news. Just because her and Mark split for now doesn't mean she won't be sympathetic. They go back way too far.
    That is what I'm curious about. Now the break up has been.....controversial to say the least but I trust that Kirkman will handle this and the other thing with some tact.

Amazing Member

I know it's a matter of time before my friend posts on here, I can't spell his old username cause I'm blah at spell but for the longest time I got digital codes from him and still hope our deal is good, he's the user that loans out his Invicibles trades, and got in hugely into invincible when I was starting to read it

Still kind of in shock from Invincible #110
    The J-man

I had a hard time believing what I read. Seriously after beating Conquest TWICE and withstanding Thragg's assault for awhile Mark shouldn't be overpowered by ANY viltrumite. Even his dad shouldn't overpower him, as they are about equal. But since this HAS happened.....I think it would be more interesting if this lead to Pregnancy and NOT a revenge beating/killing.

Not caught up. I bought the whole series in the comiXology bundle recently. Had only read the free #1 prior to that. I just finished issue #20 last night and I'm hooked on the series. As someone who had basically given up reading any superhero books, this is exactly the kind of superhero book that I do want to read. Loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    I had a hard time believing what I read. Seriously after beating Conquest TWICE and withstanding Thragg's assault for awhile Mark shouldn't be overpowered by ANY viltrumite. Even his dad shouldn't overpower him, as they are about equal. But since this HAS happened.....I think it would be more interesting if this lead to Pregnancy and NOT a revenge beating/killing.
    It would definitely be something different. You hear stories about women that are raped being forced or choosing to go through with the pregnancy but I've never read about a male rape victim's perspective on a child born from that. Let alone a male superhero, heh. Leave it to Kirkman...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    It would definitely be something different. You hear stories about women that are raped being forced or choosing to go through with the pregnancy but I've never read about a male rape victim's perspective on a child born from that. Let alone a male superhero, heh. Leave it to Kirkman...
    well that virtually never happens or they aren't hanging out afterwards. The women is the one that would have to carry it to term. Mot female on male is statutory or date.

I've only heard of two disturbing real life incidents (both in Russia coincidently) that break this mold. A robber who was caught at gun point than detained by the woman for a week to do with as she will. And a serial perpetrator drugging men with some kind of cocktail that would knock them out and she'd have her way or something. Think she was called the black widow.

I just don't follow Kirman's rationale at the moment. What is this building toward? Why was it necessary? Shock value? You all keep me posted if anymore comes out of this but I'm taking a little hiatus.

First 100 issues were great though
    The J-man

Someone pointed out previously that in Mark's past battles he only won against Conquest because of the intervention of others (Eve blasting the crap out of him) and the second time he basically had to sacrifice his own life to beat Conquest and would have died if not for the intervention of others.

Who says Thragg was going all out on Mark? Mark was having trouble beating his dad in the arm wrestling contest they were having and there is nothing saying he would have won if he hadn't given up.

Has it been said that Anissa isn't more powerful than Nolan? Who says Anissa wasn't ALMOST as powerful as Conquest? Sure, Nolan was something of a hero, but I don't think he was said to be one of the most powerful Viltrumites.

As Viltrumites age they get more powerful, so Mark should be more powerful than other Viltrumites that are both much older AND more experienced than he is?

I'm sure I could figure out better or more complete examples, but the point is that there hasn't really been a whole lot to show us how powerful Mark is compared to the other Elite Viltrumites, except for the times he got lucky or almost died fighting against Conquest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well that virtually never happens or they aren't hanging out afterwards. The women is the one that would have to carry it to term. Mot female on male is statutory or date.

I've only heard of two disturbing real life incidents (both in Russia coincidently) that break this mold. A robber who was caught at gun point than detained by the woman for a week to do with as she will. And a serial perpetrator drugging men with some kind of cocktail that would knock them out and she'd have her way or something. Think she was called the black widow.

I just don't follow Kirman's rationale at the moment. What is this building toward? Why was it necessary? Shock value? You all keep me posted if anymore comes out of this but I'm taking a little hiatus.

First 100 issues were great though
    I feel ya on this Jab. I'm still going to stick with it to see where this goes. If it's handled well then sweet but if treated poorly then I just may take a break from it myself.

I couldn't agree more. I've said it elsewhere that it was made all less plausible because of what Mark had already been through for me.

Couple in the art made it seem more sexually pleasing than horrific and the book for me missed it's mark (no pun intended) for what was supposed to be a shocking rape scene.

I don't want Annisa killed personally as she's only as brutish as any other Vultrimite was and hasn't full adjusted to the new ways in trying to fulfill their new purpose in breeding.

I'm actually more saddened and interested in just how things will go for Mark and Eve going forward and if Kirkman will actually keep them apart. It feels like MJ and Peter all over again...except much better explained and reasoned than selling their marriage off to Mephisto. >_>

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I've said it elsewhere that it was made all less plausible because of what Mark had already been through for me.

Couple in the art made it seem more sexually pleasing than horrific and the book for me missed it's mark (no pun intended) for what was supposed to be a shocking rape scene.

I don't want Annisa killed personally as she's only as brutish as any other Vultrimite was and hasn't full adjusted to the new ways in trying to fulfill their new purpose in breeding.

I'm actually more saddened and interested in just how things will go for Mark and Eve going forward and if Kirkman will actually keep them apart. It feels like MJ and Peter all over again...except much better explained and reasoned than selling their marriage off to Mephisto. >_>
    Having been in other Invincible threads that seem to be the most controversial than the rape scene itself. However at least no deal with the devils were made

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Having been in other Invincible threads that seem to be the most controversial than the rape scene itself. However at least no deal with the devils were made
    Invincible VS Mephisto. Go.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.