Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Wow, that's crazy. I'm thinking you guys are right, but will there be a Kirkman twist that none of us saw coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    Heck of a status quo change if so. I'd down.
    I wonder if we'll split time between Earth and space if this happens or just completely move away from the Earth storylines.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I wonder if we'll split time between Earth and space if this happens or just completely move away from the Earth storylines.
    I'd actually like to avoid Earth entirely. For like a year minimum. So that when Mark inevitably returns to make things right, things are radically different.

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    Wow, that's crazy. I'm thinking you guys are right, but will there be a Kirkman twist that none of us saw coming?
    Well the twist would be

spoilers:
    The Bad Guy Wins
    end of spoilers

I'd actually like to avoid Earth entirely. For like a year minimum. So that when Mark inevitably returns to make things right, things are radically different.
    That could be interesting. Who would Mark come back with as allies? The Coalition of Planets with Allen? Oliver? Battle Beast? Completely new and strange aliens? Would be kinda funny if they end up on Talescria with Allen. Almost like Mark and Nolan are taking turns living there after being "exiled" from Earth.

BANNED

Would it kinda make him look like a quitter though?

So, I have always picked up Invincible in trade format rather than monthly issues despite it being my favorite comic book series. I have always saved my favorite series Invincible, Fables, The Walking dead, Y: the last man, and others until I can get more of a story from them but it has come to the point where I feel as though I am missing out a bit on whats current and I feel part of being interested in comics is being on top of what is current. Am I alone is saving Invincible for trade? What does everyone think about the trade VS monthly issue divide?

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I don't think so. It's not like he can personally take on Robot and all the remaining Viltrumites. Plus he has a daughter to think about and protect now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    So, I have always picked up Invincible in trade format rather than monthly issues despite it being my favorite comic book series. I have always saved my favorite series Invincible, Fables, The Walking dead, Y: the last man, and others until I can get more of a story from them but it has come to the point where I feel as though I am missing out a bit on whats current and I feel part of being interested in comics is being on top of what is current. Am I alone is saving Invincible for trade? What does everyone think about the trade VS monthly issue divide?
    I've pretty much reached that point. Primarily because the trades, especially the hardcovers, carry some nifty extra features

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    I love this series too much to read it in trade. There is no way I'd be able to know that I could read more of the story right away but not go and read it.

BANNED

I don't think so. It's not like he can personally take on Robot and all the remaining Viltrumites. Plus he has a daughter to think about and protect now.
    True. Which actually raises one little nagging thing I've noticed. It seems like Invincible or Nolan, due to their alien heritage, is the only heroes capable of saving the world while the other heroes are pretty much fodder for some ultra powerful villain. Well everyone except Eve who is capable of holding her own but still.

True. Which actually raises one little nagging thing I've noticed. It seems like Invincible or Nolan, due to their alien heritage, is the only heroes capable of saving the world while the other heroes are pretty much fodder for some ultra powerful villain. Well everyone except Eve who is capable of holding her own but still.
    This is kinda true. The power level difference between the Viltrumites and the other heroes is pretty significant. So any villain that can hold their own with them is way too powerful for anyone else to handle.

BANNED

This is kinda true. The power level difference between the Viltrumites and the other heroes is pretty significant. So any villain that can hold their own with them is way too powerful for anyone else to handle.
    Which could pose a risk of creating a problem such as, how can one be invested in the heroes since they're nothing but cannon fodder to a powerful threat that only Mark and Nolan must defeat? It's like DBZ where only members of Goku's race are capable of handling the key level threats. I mean they spent so much building them up in Invincible Universe only for them to be swatted down like nothing in the Robot Arc

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Oh most definitely. Just something else he'll have to overcome.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Well the twist would be

spoilers:
    The Bad Guy Wins
    end of spoilers
    That's not really what I mean. Kirkman's twists are usually way out of left field and almost nobody sees them coming. This is what the covers have suggested and a number of folks have speculated. Typically Kirkman doesn't do stuff that is this easily predictable, so I'm just wondering if he goes somewhere else entirely, and if so, what it could possibly be.

I love this series too much to read it in trade. There is no way I'd be able to know that I could read more of the story right away but not go and read it.
    Oh, yeah. I started as trades but switched to monthly. I need my fix as soon as I can get it even if it's not enough of a dose to be totally satisfied.

Which could pose a risk of creating a problem such as, how can one be invested in the heroes since they're nothing but cannon fodder to a powerful threat that only Mark and Nolan must defeat? It's like DBZ where only members of Goku's race are capable of handling the key level threats. I mean they spent so much building them up in Invincible Universe only for them to be swatted down like nothing in the Robot Arc
    Yeah, it's a tricky thing. It also seemed a little rushed, too, like an afterthought. It makes sense, and I'm sure Robot would have been prepared enough to take most of them out, plus they were taken unawares.

BANNED

Oh most definitely. Just something else he'll have to overcome.
    Now I can understand the reasons behind it but it's going to be one of those moments one ask themselves will Mark turn tail and abandon Earth when the going gets tough?

This could open a interesting story possibility. I can see some of the heroes resenting him for leaving Earth when they needed him. Wouldn't you given all the crap Robot has done?