Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Invincible

Let's see, I believe that last time we were discussing what happened in issue 110 correct?

What were your thoughts on this? What would you like to see in the aftermath?

BANNED

Personally speaking? Nolan ripping Anissa's head off for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Same, but with Mark doing it.

I'm curious how Eve is going to react to the news. Just because her and Mark split for now doesn't mean she won't be sympathetic. They go back way too far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Same, but with Mark doing it.

I'm curious how Eve is going to react to the news. Just because her and Mark split for now doesn't mean she won't be sympathetic. They go back way too far.
    That is what I'm curious about. Now the break up has been.....controversial to say the least but I trust that Kirkman will handle this and the other thing with some tact.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I know, right? Such a great moment! 👊👊

I finished reading the entire series last month. Simply fantastic, very refreshing take on the subject by Kirkman.

I guess I became a fan

Here is the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Here is the trailer

spoilers:
    Looks like Mark fight Sinclair quicker than he does in the comic.
    end of spoilers

I like how Monster Girl's transformation is more "magical" than the comic since it's a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Here is the trailer

Saw this elsewhere. Never read the book, but holy cow this cartoon looks good! Definitely want to check this out!

Amazing Member

I know it's a matter of time before my friend posts on here, I can't spell his old username cause I'm blah at spell but for the longest time I got digital codes from him and still hope our deal is good, he's the user that loans out his Invicibles trades, and got in hugely into invincible when I was starting to read it

Still kind of in shock from Invincible #110
    The J-man

I had a hard time believing what I read. Seriously after beating Conquest TWICE and withstanding Thragg's assault for awhile Mark shouldn't be overpowered by ANY viltrumite. Even his dad shouldn't overpower him, as they are about equal. But since this HAS happened.....I think it would be more interesting if this lead to Pregnancy and NOT a revenge beating/killing.

Not caught up. I bought the whole series in the comiXology bundle recently. Had only read the free #1 prior to that. I just finished issue #20 last night and I'm hooked on the series. As someone who had basically given up reading any superhero books, this is exactly the kind of superhero book that I do want to read. Loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    I had a hard time believing what I read. Seriously after beating Conquest TWICE and withstanding Thragg's assault for awhile Mark shouldn't be overpowered by ANY viltrumite. Even his dad shouldn't overpower him, as they are about equal. But since this HAS happened.....I think it would be more interesting if this lead to Pregnancy and NOT a revenge beating/killing.
    It would definitely be something different. You hear stories about women that are raped being forced or choosing to go through with the pregnancy but I've never read about a male rape victim's perspective on a child born from that. Let alone a male superhero, heh. Leave it to Kirkman...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    It would definitely be something different. You hear stories about women that are raped being forced or choosing to go through with the pregnancy but I've never read about a male rape victim's perspective on a child born from that. Let alone a male superhero, heh. Leave it to Kirkman...
    well that virtually never happens or they aren't hanging out afterwards. The women is the one that would have to carry it to term. Mot female on male is statutory or date.

I've only heard of two disturbing real life incidents (both in Russia coincidently) that break this mold. A robber who was caught at gun point than detained by the woman for a week to do with as she will. And a serial perpetrator drugging men with some kind of cocktail that would knock them out and she'd have her way or something. Think she was called the black widow.

I just don't follow Kirman's rationale at the moment. What is this building toward? Why was it necessary? Shock value? You all keep me posted if anymore comes out of this but I'm taking a little hiatus.

First 100 issues were great though
    The J-man