Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    I am sad to see these characters that we barely got to know go... but I really fear that Rex Robot will be killed at the end of this arc. I want him to become Invincible's Lex Luthor.
    He still might in a way. We just saw a Rex from another universe in Mark's clone body assuming the role of the leader of that Earth. Who knows what will come of that. Although I think the original Rex would be better, because technically Mark doesn't have a history with the other Rex.
    Comics I read:
    Invincible
    other comics that aren't as good as Invincible

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    The good news (Link) is that you can sort of replace IU with the new Tech Jacket ongoing, which is coming out soon. (salesman hat off)
    I love Tech Jacket... but its no replacement for IU.

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    The good news (Link) is that you can sort of replace IU with the new Tech Jacket ongoing, which is coming out soon. (salesman hat off)

haha, I actually just purchased both tech jacket trades from amazon and I preordered the first three issues. I love tech jacket.

Just WOW.. every issue I think Kirkman's pretty much exhausted the ability to break boundaries, yet he still finds a way to do it again. I guess over 60 years of comic stereotypes have given him plenty of ammunition. If only the Big Two could do what Kirkman does, but they exist in a whole different marketing and trademark devoted world that limits them in ways that only makes Invincible that much better for comic fans.

Hopefully Mark had a chance to warn Nolan about the sonic weapon Rex has developed before what will be a most nasty confrontation next issue. Unlike others, I hope Rex dies a horrible, painful Ottleyriffic death. but because I want that, it probably won't come. He deserves something truly horrible and incomprehensible for all the horror he's wrought. I certainly hope he doesn't somehow get any of the Vils on his side. then again, he wouldn't,, he's too logical and smart to think he could control them.

I was just looking at sales figures, geez.. Walking dead sells nearly 5 times as many issues as Invincible? Guess there's a lot more horror/zombie fans than super hero fans these days.
    Last edited by CyberCoyote; 06-27-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    Just WOW.. every issue I think Kirkman's pretty much exhausted the ability to break boundaries, yet he still finds a way to do it again. I guess over 60 years of comic stereotypes have given him plenty of ammunition. If only the Big Two could do what Kirkman does, but they exist in a whole different marketing and trademark devoted world that limits them in ways that only makes Invincible that much better for comic fans.

Hopefully Mark had a chance to warn Nolan about the sonic weapon Rex has developed before what will be a most nasty confrontation next issue. Unlike others, I hope Rex dies a horrible, painful Ottleyriffic death. but because I want that, it probably won't come. He deserves something truly horrible and incomprehensible for all the horror he's wrought. I certainly hope he doesn't somehow get any of the Vils on his side. then again, he wouldn't,, he's too logical and smart to think he could control them.

I was just looking at sales figures, geez.. Walking dead sells nearly 5 times as many issues as Invincible? Guess there's a lot more horror/zombie fans than super hero fans these days.
    They could really use a TV show or some other form of piquing the interest in the book. I mean I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure The Walking Dead sales skyrocketed as the TV show got popular. Funny thing about TWD is that regular ole people buy and read it that otherwise never read comics. I'm not sure a tv show would get Invincible to those heights, but a nice animated series I bet would easily double the comic book sales if it caught on. I think they ought to push getting a series just because it would bring in revenue through more readers and TV deals and action figures and stuff. I talked to Ottley and he's definitely said they have been very close to a show in the past it just didn't quite go all the way through so I guess they are still at least highly considering the idea.

I can't get into all the complaints. Finally a series that doesn't shy away from changes, people come along and protest about it. It is certainly no wonder that comics can't progress having such a reactionary audience.
    Hopefully Kirkman doesn't hold back and progresses further, because sticking to a status-quo I can have in hundreds of thousand Marvel and DC titles.

Wow..just...wow...I avoided this entire thread, posted my own question about a page back and returned here after I read issue 112. Robot is insane...No wonder Invincible Universe is on hiatus...it'll probably relaunch after this arc is over and the dust settles with an all new line up. I have to go back through these posts and read what others are saying about this issue. Before I do here are a few of my thoughts. I like the direction of the book and Im glad Kirkman is taking risks with his story telling. Let's take a moment and look at all the events that have happened since issue one of Invincible that lead to this moment. In a world filled with heroes and villains, it's not a very far fetched idea that entire cities would be destroyed right? Marvel will destroy Manhattan 100 times over, and in one or two issues it's totally rebuilt, and I hate that. I'm glad to see the reality and consequences that these peoples existence brings to the world. Ok brb going to read other peoples reaction...

Whoa, theres a lot of hate going around. I can't go back and quote everyone I would like to but I can touch on some of the things brought up. First this.

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    I can't get into all the complaints. Finally a series that doesn't shy away from changes, people come along and protest about it. It is certainly no wonder that comics can't progress having such a reactionary audience.
    Hopefully Kirkman doesn't hold back and progresses further, because sticking to a status-quo I can have in hundreds of thousand Marvel and DC titles.

This one comment explains why Invincible is my favorite Super Hero book right now. This title is great, and I can't really understand why all the hate. Theres to much gratuitous violence? There has been violence in the book since the beginning so thats nothing new. Gratuitous? Not at all...these are super powered beings...they're not going to have, or stop at nose bleeds when they're fighting.

Moving forward and looking passed the hate and talking about what I think may happen, I think alternate universe Rex in Invincibles body will come back and try to rule the same way as Rex is now. I think a bunch of the Viltrumites will bite the dust too. I always had the sense that this title had echoes of DBZ.

Now I have a couple of questions about the comic in general. Remember waaaaaaay back when mark was 'working out' and he was lifting weights and stuff to get stronger and his dad and I think one of the viltrumites told him thats not how it works. Did they ever explain how a viltrumite could become physically stronger? Also, what was the explanation for Rex and Amanda living in the alt. Universe and their aging but not aging? I dont remember. Lastly, a couple of issues ago, I think it was Mark and his dad, they were floating around in space talking, how were they talking without Allen around? Thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I talked to Ottley and he's definitely said they have been very close to a show in the past it just didn't quite go all the way through so I guess they are still at least highly considering the idea.
    An animated Invincible would be something of a dichotomy in a world with "Teen Titans Go" or even excellent series like Young Justice. I'd imagine it'd be aired late at night just like Walking Dead an confuse the first few groups of audiences that tuned in. Not saying that it couldn't be absolutely amazing. I don't know if the TV series and the WD comic follow one another, I got the impression they steered away from one another pretty quick. With my luck it'd be on HBO

Live action would be a treat, but I doubt even with the low cost of CGI effects today not really doable...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    An animated Invincible would be something of a dichotomy in a world with "Teen Titans Go" or even excellent series like Young Justice. I'd imagine it'd be aired late at night just like Walking Dead an confuse the first few groups of audiences that tuned in. Not saying that it couldn't be absolutely amazing. I don't know if the TV series and the WD comic follow one another, I got the impression they steered away from one another pretty quick. With my luck it'd be on HBO

Live action would be a treat, but I doubt even with the low cost of CGI effects today not really doable...
    It can't be a successful animated series because it's too mature for the kids networks and adults would ignore it on a regular network.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    It can't be a successful animated series because it's too mature for the kids networks and adults would ignore it on a regular network.
    I think adult swim would be the best network to show it on. Especially if they can score near the 10 pm time-slot. That network is pretty much for the older crowd that likes animated stuff for the most part.

BANNED

IMO I can see it as an animated series more than a live action film/tv series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Whoa, theres a lot of hate going around. I can't go back and quote everyone I would like to but I can touch on some of the things brought up. First this.

This one comment explains why Invincible is my favorite Super Hero book right now. This title is great, and I can't really understand why all the hate. Theres to much gratuitous violence? There has been violence in the book since the beginning so thats nothing new. Gratuitous? Not at all...these are super powered beings...they're not going to have, or stop at nose bleeds when they're fighting.

Moving forward and looking passed the hate and talking about what I think may happen, I think alternate universe Rex in Invincibles body will come back and try to rule the same way as Rex is now. I think a bunch of the Viltrumites will bite the dust too. I always had the sense that this title had echoes of DBZ.

Now I have a couple of questions about the comic in general. Remember waaaaaaay back when mark was 'working out' and he was lifting weights and stuff to get stronger and his dad and I think one of the viltrumites told him thats not how it works. Did they ever explain how a viltrumite could become physically stronger? Also, what was the explanation for Rex and Amanda living in the alt. Universe and their aging but not aging? I dont remember. Lastly, a couple of issues ago, I think it was Mark and his dad, they were floating around in space talking, how were they talking without Allen around? Thanks for the help guys.

I think most fans are used to the play it safe method that mainstream comics have spoon fed them. When a comic like Invincible does something a little different when compared to Marvel/DC they just aren't used to that kind of exposure. I like that Kirkman isn't playing it safe with this comic. To the ones complaining well there is always Marvel and DC comics to look at.

Invincible's fight with Nolan was Kirkman's way of telling the audience"If you're expecting the heroes to fight with kid gloves then this isn't the comic for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think most fans are used to the play it safe method that mainstream comics have spoon fed them. When a comic like Invincible does something a little different when compared to Marvel/DC they just aren't used to that kind of exposure. I like that Kirkman isn't playing it safe with this comic. To the ones complaining well there is always Marvel and DC comics to look at.

Invincible's fight with Nolan was Kirkman's way of telling the audience"If you're expecting the heroes to fight with kid gloves then this isn't the comic for you"

Yes I agree, I would also like to add that when something happens in Invincible there are LOOOOOOOONG lasting ramifications, nothing is forgotten about within three issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Yes I agree, I would also like to add that when something happens in Invincible there are LOOOOOOOONG lasting ramifications, nothing is forgotten about within three issues.
    This brings up the key thing of what I like about Invincible. No status quo. You see characters change and you see them age and there isn't pointless retcon after pointless retcon.