Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think most fans are used to the play it safe method that mainstream comics have spoon fed them. When a comic like Invincible does something a little different when compared to Marvel/DC they just aren't used to that kind of exposure. I like that Kirkman isn't playing it safe with this comic. To the ones complaining well there is always Marvel and DC comics to look at.

Invincible's fight with Nolan was Kirkman's way of telling the audience"If you're expecting the heroes to fight with kid gloves then this isn't the comic for you"
    Speaking for myself, I read an extremely wide range of comics, and I'm currently reading more Image comics than Marvel or DC comics combined. So my problem with Invincible is not that it's pushing the envelope too much. My problem is that number one, it's stopped being fun, and number two, it's using violence for shock value rather than because the story requires it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kashtan View Post
    Speaking for myself, I read an extremely wide range of comics, and I'm currently reading more Image comics than Marvel or DC comics combined. So my problem with Invincible is not that it's pushing the envelope too much. My problem is that number one, it's stopped being fun, and number two, it's using violence for shock value rather than because the story requires it.
    I see where you're coming from but I don't see the violence depicted in the Robot Arc as shock value for shock value's sake since it follows with the story IMO.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Now I have a couple of questions about the comic in general. Remember waaaaaaay back when mark was 'working out' and he was lifting weights and stuff to get stronger and his dad and I think one of the viltrumites told him thats not how it works. Did they ever explain how a viltrumite could become physically stronger? Also, what was the explanation for Rex and Amanda living in the alt. Universe and their aging but not aging? I dont remember. Lastly, a couple of issues ago, I think it was Mark and his dad, they were floating around in space talking, how were they talking without Allen around? Thanks for the help guys.
    I don't think Nolan or another V told Mark that working out wasn't the way to go. Nolan actually told him that he had to work out.
    Conquest told Mark that his anger wouldn't make him stronger... he said ,"that's not how it works", I believe.
    Don't know the answer to the Rex and Amanda question.
    The Vs have technology they wear in their ear to talk in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kashtan View Post
    The story does not require an attempted take over of the world to have violence? Not seeing your logic.

Now I have a couple of questions about the comic in general. Remember waaaaaaay back when mark was 'working out' and he was lifting weights and stuff to get stronger and his dad and I think one of the viltrumites told him thats not how it works. Did they ever explain how a viltrumite could become physically stronger? Also, what was the explanation for Rex and Amanda living in the alt. Universe and their aging but not aging? I dont remember. Lastly, a couple of issues ago, I think it was Mark and his dad, they were floating around in space talking, how were they talking without Allen around? Thanks for the help guys.
    Working out IS the only way to become stronger. Thragg is the strongest because he was trained his whole life to be so.

On Rex and Amanda, Remember how the flaxians aged super fast in our dimension? Beings from ours age super slowly in theirs. Rex calculated it as a few months of aging for every decade that went by. So thats how they got older but lived super long.

I definitely don't see the violence as shock and awe for the sake of itself. It's the WAY things would work and it's an inescapable aspect of the book. Robot is NOT being a typical safe villain, he's not 'capturing the good guys and imprisoning them in wild inescapable death traps', he's killing them because THAT is what you do if you really want to win. Rex would look Dr Doom or Lex Luthor, laugh hysterically learning how they'd had their foes on the ropes and lost time and time again, then sigh and obliterate them.. permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest Mar-Vell View Post
    I don't think Nolan or another V told Mark that working out wasn't the way to go. Nolan actually told him that he had to work out.
    Conquest told Mark that his anger wouldn't make him stronger... he said ,"that's not how it works", I believe.
    Don't know the answer to the Rex and Amanda question.
    The Vs have technology they wear in their ear to talk in space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Working out IS the only way to become stronger. Thragg is the strongest because he was trained his whole life to be so.

On Rex and Amanda, Remember how the flaxians aged super fast in our dimension? Beings from ours age super slowly in theirs. Rex calculated it as a few months of aging for every decade that went by. So thats how they got older but lived super long.

Thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate the time you took to answer me.

Well hopefully you guys begin enjoying the book again soon. Let's move this discuss forward. How do you guys think this arc will end? What will be the new direction? Do you think any old characters will return to help mark save the day?

BANNED

Well hopefully you guys begin enjoying the book again soon. Let's move this discuss forward. How do you guys think this arc will end? What will be the new direction? Do you think any old characters will return to help mark save the day?
    I dont see Robot lasting in this arc. Actually I take that back. If the guy is as smart as he says then surely he's smart enough to set up a plan where he cloned another body and in the event he dies he would have his mind transport into his cloned body and remain under radar till the heat dies down.

As far as the rest go. There will definitely be a major shake up.

Despite the flaws this is the one series where I actually become invested in a crisis event. Helps that this comic makes it more story driven. It's not often I'd actually worry if a hero is going to come out of this alive

I dont see Robot lasting in this arc. Actually I take that back. If the guy is as smart as he says then surely he's smart enough to set up a plan where he cloned another body and in the event he dies he would have his mind transport into his cloned body and remain under radar till the heat dies down.

As far as the rest go. There will definitely be a major shake up.

Despite the flaws this is the one series where I actually become invested in a crisis event. Helps that this comic makes it more story driven. It's not often I'd actually worry if a hero is going to come out of this alive
    I was thinking Robot may get away and escape somewhere in the universe? Either way he definitely has a contingency plan in place in the event he fails. As of now the books status que has totally changed. Cecil is dead so who is going to wrangle all the heroes together and send them on missions and stuff. I KNOW RIGHT?! I was thinking Mark would die and Oliver or would take his place.

BANNED

I was thinking Robot may get away and escape somewhere in the universe? Either way he definitely has a contingency plan in place in the event he fails. As of now the books status que has totally changed. Cecil is dead so who is going to wrangle all the heroes together and send them on missions and stuff. I KNOW RIGHT?! I was thinking Mark would die and Oliver or would take his place.
    I would see that if not for the fact that there are still some loose ends Mark would need to finish. The stuff involving Anissa for one. I wouldn't mind if the series continued even if Mark dies. That would mean that nobody is safe, not even the star of the series. Although Oliver would need a major power up if he should take Mark's place.

I was also thinking maybe do a timeskip and have his kid put on the costume.

I would see that if not for the fact that there are still some loose ends Mark would need to finish. The stuff involving Anissa for one. I wouldn't mind if the series continued even if Mark dies. That would mean that nobody is safe, not even the star of the series. Although Oliver would need a major power up if he should take Mark's place.

I was also thinking maybe do a timeskip and have his kid put on the costume.
    Or maybe Oliver could be Invincible and Mark's kid could be his sidekick.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

All-New Member

Cecil is dead so who is going to wrangle all the heroes together and send them on missions and stuff. I KNOW RIGHT?!
    Brit and/or Donald will run the GDA(if its still around) after all this.

To be honest the violence in the arc is definitely where it ought to be. Rex is trying to take over swiftly. Apparently he has been working on all of this since he's come back from the Flaxan dimension. He probably did his own person psych profiles on who might possibly join his cause and who wouldn't. Found out who all his major threats to his take over where and immediately made a move on them as quickly as he could.

I only wonder who may possibly join his cause (maybe no one since the arc seems short). Also can't he teleport between dimensions like Angstrom Levy? Perhaps he meets up with his other self that's significantly stronger now.

Robot doesn't know how to the mind transfer process. That is why he had to work with the Mauler twins when he moved from the deformed baby body to the Rex clone body.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki