Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    Or maybe Oliver could be Invincible and Mark's kid could be his sidekick.
    I don't think Oliver is enough of a fan favorite (most people don't like him as far as I've seen on the message boards) to take over the title. It would have to be Mark and Eve's kid I think for the fans to be interested.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Robot doesn't know how to the mind transfer process. That is why he had to work with the Mauler twins when he moved from the deformed baby body to the Rex clone body.
    Idk he learns pretty quick do you think he might have learned the process? Plus theres a several month gap in the books recently he could have learned it then maybe?

All-New Member

He was in the Flaxan dimension for 1000 years, he had plenty of time to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Idk he learns pretty quick do you think he might have learned the process? Plus theres a several month gap in the books recently he could have learned it then maybe?
    He's copied the ability angstrom levi had, he copied dinosaurus bomb design, he partial copied sinclair's reanimen tech. The future him also had time travel tech. i'm sure he could copy the mauler's technique if he tried to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    He's copied the ability angstrom levi had, he copied dinosaurus bomb design, he partial copied sinclair's reanimen tech. The future him also had time travel tech. i'm sure he could copy the mauler's technique if he tried to.
    When did he copy Reanimen tech? I don't remember

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    When did he copy Reanimen tech? I don't remember
    The latest issue. I would post a scan if I could but sadly I am not that tech savy. The line goes like "I was able to incorporate DA sinclair's reanimen technology in the construction of my new drones". My guess is thats how he increased the strength of the drones, plus the new metal he made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    The latest issue. I would post a scan if I could but sadly I am not that tech savy. The line goes like "I was able to incorporate DA sinclair's reanimen technology in the construction of my new drones". My guess is thats how he increased the strength of the drones, plus the new metal he made.
    Oh sry missed that through the tears of all my favorite characters dying lol

I was wondering if Sinclair made Humans strong enough to at least put a good punch on Mark then how powerful should Mark Reanimen be? Then again they could be even weaker since the components simply made humans stronger, but not powerful enough tech to make the mark bodies stronger.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

I know it was a couple of pages ago about an Invincible TV show/movie/action figures/anything to help boost Invincible sales, Ottley was telling me that the only reason it hasn't been done is because he is seeking the deal he got with AMC and The Walking Dead. Any studio that has wanted to put Invincible in other media wants to dictate a lot of the control over the process and Kirkman appears to want to have a lot more say.

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    I know it was a couple of pages ago about an Invincible TV show/movie/action figures/anything to help boost Invincible sales, Ottley was telling me that the only reason it hasn't been done is because he is seeking the deal he got with AMC and The Walking Dead. Any studio that has wanted to put Invincible in other media wants to dictate a lot of the control over the process and Kirkman appears to want to have a lot more say.
    Yeah they wanted too much control and I agree with them for shooting that deal down.

Didn't they sign a deal in 2005 with Paramount, with Rob slated to write the screenplay?

Also, I could definitely see this being a TV show a la Smallville, but when they'd have to get it on Showtime or HBO to showcase the violence and gore.

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    Didn't they sign a deal in 2005 with Paramount, with Rob slated to write the screenplay?

Also, I could definitely see this being a TV show a la Smallville, but when they'd have to get it on Showtime or HBO to showcase the violence and gore.
    I agree that Smallville could be a good template for Invincible (the series is mostly a violent soap opera after all, which is what Smallville did well). I don't know that a cable network would be necessary. The gore would need to be toned down a bit, but they could still keep a lot of the violence (Arrow is fairly violent for example).

And Kirkman goes by Robert - the joke early in the series where William gets irritated by people insisting on shortening his name to Will or Bill is based on Kirkman's own feelings from what I've seen in interviews.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I agree that Smallville could be a good template for Invincible (the series is mostly a violent soap opera after all, which is what Smallville did well). I don't know that a cable network would be necessary. The gore would need to be toned down a bit, but they could still keep a lot of the violence (Arrow is fairly violent for example).

And Kirkman goes by Robert - the joke early in the series where William gets irritated by people insisting on shortening his name to Will or Bill is based on Kirkman's own feelings from what I've seen in interviews.
    Oh my god I never knew that haha, and I used "Rob"...if I didn't know better....Kirkman is that you?

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

There was a movie deal but the way Ottley made it sound was that even if Kirkman was writing the screenplay, a lot of the other aspects were taken out of there hands like director and what-not.

There was a movie deal but the way Ottley made it sound was that even if Kirkman was writing the screenplay, a lot of the other aspects were taken out of there hands like director and what-not.
    Honestly if that's the case the television show would be the best route, that way it could follow an issue by issue type format. However, the movie could be great I'd kill for someone like Edgar Wright to direct it.

Amazing Member

Honestly if that's the case the television show would be the best route, that way it could follow an issue by issue type format. However, the movie could be great I'd kill for someone like Edgar Wright to direct it.
    if Kirkman had his way, I think he'd make the show as different from the comics as the WD show.
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors