Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Man, I'm a little late to the party, but holy crap. Phenomenal issue. I don't know what the complainers are talking about. This issue was HOT. Just the right level of violence; not gratuitous at all, and not watered down and fake feeling. I'm afraid for some major characters. Might be the end for at least one of Nolan/Debbie/Eve...heck, maybe even Mark.

And yeah, I'd love an Invinible animated show. Maybe a Netflix/Hulu/Amazon-exclusive?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    And Kirkman goes by Robert - the joke early in the series where William gets irritated by people insisting on shortening his name to Will or Bill is based on Kirkman's own feelings from what I've seen in interviews.
    And it is a pain I know all too well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    Man, I'm a little late to the party, but holy crap. Phenomenal issue. I don't know what the complainers are talking about. This issue was HOT. Just the right level of violence; not gratuitous at all, and not watered down and fake feeling. I'm afraid for some major characters. Might be the end for at least one of Nolan/Debbie/Eve...heck, maybe even Mark.

And yeah, I'd love an Invinible animated show. Maybe a Netflix/Hulu/Amazon-exclusive?
    IMHO if there was anything I felt was pure shock value it was Issue 110. This one actually flows with the story.

Does anyone know if Image has plans to release Invincible in trades digitally? I checked amazon and haven't found anything. I even emailed Image and didn't get a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Does anyone know if Image has plans to release Invincible in trades digitally? I checked amazon and haven't found anything. I even emailed Image and didn't get a reply.
    They should be available via comixology. Not sure about the other platforms.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I've seen some available digitally from Amazon on my kindle.

Oh booo..I don't really like Comixology. I like buying digital comics straight through amazons store so it sits on my amazon cloud and I could put the comics on anything I'd like in the future without the need of a specific app you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    IMHO if there was anything I felt was pure shock value it was Issue 110. This one actually flows with the story.
    Yeah, I agree with this. 110 was probably the strangest issue of the series TBH.

Oh booo..I don't really like Comixology. I like buying digital comics straight through amazons store so it sits on my amazon cloud and I could put the comics on anything I'd like in the future without the need of a specific app you know?
    Looks like you should be able to get Invincible DRM free from comixology now (or in the near future):

http://multiversitycomics.com/news/c...ics-for-users/
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

All my Image stuff showed up as downloadable yesterday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this. 110 was probably the strangest issue of the series TBH.
    It felt like a bad Invincible fanfic in comicbook form tbh.

So, I just powered through 79 issues of Invincible in about 3 weeks. I am almost finished with Compendium 2. I am loving this series! I may take a short break once I finish this Compendium to read some other Image series, but I am definitely a fan of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    So, I just powered through 79 issues of Invincible in about 3 weeks. I am almost finished with Compendium 2. I am loving this series! I may take a short break once I finish this Compendium to read some other Image series, but I am definitely a fan of this book.
    GLAD TO HEAR IT!! I did the same thing when I first got into this series. I started reading single issues with issue 98, I anxiously await each new issue.

It might be almost time for a series reread which I like to do every so many years. I may wait until the current arc is over, or maybe I will catch up while we wait to lend impact. Hmm..so many choices...

Spectacular Member

Spoilers for the 113th issue.

Anissa meeting with Mark was really uncomfortable. Before the 111th issue she was one of my favorite side characters, but now I just want Invincible to finally deal with her instead of waiting for her next move.

And what are the chances that Eve may guess what happened to Mark? Not details, but if she was trying to figure out what could cause his reaction to her touch, this kind of event would probably be on the top of the list. She would probably quickly dismiss this option because of how powerful is Mark, but then all she needs to realize that this could happen is to be close to him when he's around Anissa. And then she would probably try to kill her which would be a twist compared to what others predict may happen.

Any prediction for the next issue? I suppose it will be the end for Robot's plans, but I expect a twist to it instead of simply having Invincible or Monster Girl kill him.