Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Really good issue. Was surprised by the pacing though. I actually thought it was well paced, but was expecting much more progression since the story arc ends next issue. Seems like 114 is going to have to be jammed packed. Couple of thoughts:

spoilers:
    - Absolutely loved the Brit Jr scene. Made me smile and was nice to see Kirkman balance the darkness of the last couple of issues with some humor and touching character moments in this issue.

- Not surprised to see DA Sinclair working with Robot. I always figured he'd either A) see things from Robot's point of view B) not have such strong morals that he would risk his life to oppose Robot, or C) be excited at the thought of the science he could experiment with if Robot had free rein. Not sure which persuaded him but it makes sense.

- The big question is whether the Viltrumites will "sign a treaty" with Robot. Robot actually makes good points, according to the Viltrumite plan of long term repopulation, they have no real reason to interfere with what Robot is doing. I bet if Thragg was still in charge he wouldn't even think about fighting Robot, it's really just Nolan's connection to Earth and Mark that would change that. And I think if he does fight Robot and go against the way they've previously handled Earth threats, that we will see the Viltrumites end up playing a larger role in Earth's affairs from here on out.

- Doc Seismic - alive or dead? I'm guessing alive since they just went through the trouble to give him a transformation and set him up as a long term villain for the future.

- Shouldn't surprise anyone that I enjoy the Mark and Eve developments this issue. I'll continue to argue that Eve made good, understandable points when she dumped Mark. That said, this is more how I would expect her character to react to things. A little surprised that they went so quickly from her breakup speech to her pretty much reconciling with Mark just a couple issues later. Cute scene with the baby, wonder what her name is.

- If Robot is smart he will leave his actual body in one of the moon bases. Those things are preventing the world from flooding again so I would imagine the heroes wouldn't want to attack him there and risk destroying the base. Wonder how Mark will be able to beat him. Of course, you never know, maybe he won't and he'll have to make peace with Robot and allow him to rule.
    end of spoilers

Really appreciated how this issue was just more carnage but gave us some humor and character interaction. Art was predictably excellent, nice job all around by the Invincible team. Not sure how they will wrap things up in one issue though.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    Spoilers for the 113th issue.

Anissa meeting with Mark was really uncomfortable. Before the 111th issue she was one of my favorite side characters, but now I just want Invincible to finally deal with her instead of waiting for her next move.
    spoilers:
    Yeah, she is super creepy now. I get the taking what you want mentality and it being a cultural thing. But she seems completely clueless as to how upset Mark is and continuing to treat it like fun and games to him is creepy.

Thought Kirkman did a nice job continuing that plot. He promised it would continue to affect Mark and, for this issue at least, he is true to his word. We see Mark is clearly jittery when Eve touches him and not in a good frame of mind overall.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Not sure how they will wrap things up in one issue though.
    Maybe they will go for anticlimactic ending with Best Tiger suddenly appearing and killing Robot. Or he will become the ruler of the world for dozen issues though I'm not sure how they would convince Mark to agree to it.

Maybe they will go for anticlimactic ending with Best Tiger suddenly appearing and killing Robot. Or he will become the ruler of the world for dozen issues though I'm not sure how they would convince Mark to agree to it.
    Maybe if Robot agrees to let him and his family live? If Mark isn't sure he can defeat Robot while keeping his family safe he might agree to a truce.

My guess/theory: The Viltrumites do not take up Robot on his truce offer. Mark and the Viltrumites take down Robot. This leads to the general public finding out about the Viltrumite presence and Nolan realizing that there is no point in continuing to stay neutral in Earth's affairs. With Cecil gone there isn't much human leadership and the Viltrumites take a more proactive role in protecting and running Earth.

Spectacular Member

My guess/theory: The Viltrumites do not take up Robot on his truce offer. Mark and the Viltrumites take down Robot. This leads to the general public finding out about the Viltrumite presence and Nolan realizing that there is no point in continuing to stay neutral in Earth's affairs. With Cecil gone there isn't much human leadership and the Viltrumites take a more proactive role in protecting and running Earth.
    Could happen. Do you expect them to deal with Robot for good though? If Monster Girl is not back in action I would expect him to escape this time and then have another confrontation between them in the future. Maybe one involving her son in it too.

Could happen. Do you expect them to deal with Robot for good though? If Monster Girl is not back in action I would expect him to escape this time and then have another confrontation between them in the future. Maybe one involving her son in it too.
    I'm not sure if I think Robot will die or not. My guess would be not, he does have dimension hopping tech now so he could escape. I think death or escape are the two possibilities - I don't think the heroes would try to imprison him. He's too dangerous to contain and they will probably be too pissed anyway. And I really thought Monster Girl's son Monax would play a role in this before the story arc started, surprised we haven't seen him yet. And it seems like there might be too much to do next issue to squeeze him in as well.

I read this issue last night. Like always, great issue. Glad to see Eve and Mark starting to patch things up an that his daughter was ok. It's going to be really interesting to see this all wrap up.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Yeah, she is super creepy now. I get the taking what you want mentality and it being a cultural thing. But she seems completely clueless as to how upset Mark is and continuing to treat it like fun and games to him is creepy.

Thought Kirkman did a nice job continuing that plot. He promised it would continue to affect Mark and, for this issue at least, he is true to his word. We see Mark is clearly jittery when Eve touches him and not in a good frame of mind overall.
    end of spoilers
    I'm just glad they didn't go with the do it and drop it scenario.

Regardless of how messed up the angle is it does provide a where are they going to take this scenario. It still feels like a bad story from Marvel though

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

I just started reading it, and I feel this newest issue, has made it worth reading.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    I just started reading it, and I feel this newest issue, has made it worth reading.
    Just started reading the series?

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

So, wait, you only think the last issue is the one that made the series worthwhile? Really? Wow.

Spectacular Member

Spoiler for november 2014 solicits.

spoilers:
    The 117th issue's description and cover suggest that Viltrumites may reach an agreement with Robot and Mark decides to leave Earth.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The 117th issue's description and cover suggest that Viltrumites may reach an agreement with Robot and Mark decides to leave Earth.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yep, Sure looks like Mark and Eve are not near Earth. I think the most likely cause of this is either:

1. Robot wins (possible but I'm saying less likely based on the 114 cover) OR
    2. Mark becomes estranged from the Viltrumites (this one is my guess). Likely because either they agree to team up with Robot, they take over Earth themselves, or because Mark wants to get away from Anissa.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I say both

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I saw that and the first thing I thought was

spoilers:
    Robot Wins
    end of spoilers

Which leaves...

spoilers:
    ... Earth conquered. So Mark & Family head to the stars to find safety, find allies, have space adventures, and let their kid grow up
    end of spoilers

Heck of a status quo change if so. I'd down.