Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

BANNED

[QUOTE=impulseucf;439298.

Yeah, it's a tricky thing. It also seemed a little rushed, too, like an afterthought. It makes sense, and I'm sure Robot would have been prepared enough to take most of them out, plus they were taken unawares.[/QUOTE]

The heroes are in desperate need of an upgrade when this is over. Especially when a serious threat happens.

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I can see some of the heroes resenting him for leaving Earth when they needed him. Wouldn't you given all the crap Robot has done?
    Especially with a new born!

Spectacular Member

Just caught up with invincible and re-registered because of it. I love this comic so much. The violence is brutal but its to be expected and it works right now. I'm so glad Monster girl is still alive, one of my favorites. I imagine that Mark and Eve's baby girl will be a badass in no time.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    I imagine that Mark and Eve's baby girl will be a badass in no time.
    That made me consider a possibility of a time-skip to quicken her grown. Mark leaves Earth, we have few issues of his adventures in space and then after few years he for some reason returns to his home planet, now completely transformed by Robot.

I've just started reading Invincible, I'm just starting the 3rd ultimate collection. It's definitely the best thing I've read for years. So glad it exists. My biggest wtf moment so far I would say was the issue that opened in the alternate universe where Mark and his Dad did rule the earth.

I smell suicide somewhere in the future.

Incredible Member

I haven't read an Invincible book since issue 96. I intend to catch up over the weekend...but I was looking through some of my old Invincible books and realized that I really miss Amber. Whatever happened to her? I would like to see her back and get a little love triangle going on ala Peter, Gwen, and MJ or Archie, Bettie, and Veronica.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I haven't read an Invincible book since issue 96. I intend to catch up over the weekend...but I was looking through some of my old Invincible books and realized that I really miss Amber. Whatever happened to her? I would like to see her back and get a little love triangle going on ala Peter, Gwen, and MJ or Archie, Bettie, and Veronica.
    She's still alive and dating Gary. You'll see a glimpse of her in issue 100. I don't think it's a spoiler to say that in the letter column for yesterday's issue 114, she was on the list of old characters that Kirkman said he has no current plans to bring into the story.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Issue 114 out now!!!

I still not sure how I feel about it.

spoilers:
    Was hoping for some explosive vengeance but this actually seems like the more likely conclusion and I like the possibilities it sets up for future stories. So mostly good, I just hope Robot gets what's coming to him eventually (doesn't have to be death but some kind of major consequences). Some quick thoughts:

- Was very happy to see Mark and Eve back on the same page again.

- Robot came off much more like I originally expected this issue: Claiming to do everything for the overall good of the world and not wanting to kill anyone. But at this point I just don't buy it. He could have worked with Cecil to implement his changes. He went after Brit and The Immortal in their homes and put their kids lives at risk. Tearing Eve's leg off was unnecessarily cruel. Killing non-threats like the Elephant were not needed. He could have captured everyone like he did this issue but he seems to be a little more evil than he likes to believe of himself.

- The last few pages with Robot's flashbacks were effective for me. Seems like not everyone is all that interested in Robot but I've always liked the character and thought he was one of the cooler and better fleshed out supporting cast members. Those scenes just reminded me of that history and why I liked him so much.
    end of spoilers

Actually not that excited about the Battle Beast issue. He's always been a bit one note comic relief for me. I'm curious about Thragg but I'd rather follow up with the main cast and see the fall out of this issue. Hopefully it turns out to be awesome though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    She's still alive and dating Gary. You'll see a glimpse of her in issue 100. I don't think it's a spoiler to say that in the letter column for yesterday's issue 114, she was on the list of old characters that Kirkman said he has no current plans to bring into the story.
    Well bummer! Lol. Since I've heard the rumors that capuga is really Robert Kirkman, I ask you capuga, what is the long term status of this series? I jumped into late and haven't had anywhere near enough of it yet. We aren't in any danger of losing it, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Well bummer! Lol. Since I've heard the rumors that capuga is really Robert Kirkman, I ask you capuga, what is the long term status of this series? I jumped into late and haven't had anywhere near enough of it yet. We aren't in any danger of losing it, are we?
    Ha, I wish I was Kirkman so I wouldn't have to wait to find out what happens next There is no indication the series is in danger of being cancelled, if that is what you're asking. It has sold virtually the same numbers for years (which I've seen in various interviews pays Ottley better then working for the big 2) and does well in trade so money shouldn't be an issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Actually not that excited about the Battle Beast issue. He's always been a bit one note comic relief for me. I'm curious about Thragg but I'd rather follow up with the main cast and see the fall out of this issue. Hopefully it turns out to be awesome though.
    It could be just a break from main events, but I expect some surprised that will affect the future of Invincible in big ways.

As for this issue, it wasn't very surprising turn of events. Even without spoilerish covers, Robot is too big character and now villain to be quickly dealt with without a proper build up. I expect 10 to 20 issues of him "ruling" Earth and maybe even a time skip. Then a rebellion that may end with Viltrumites officially making Earth a part of their empire.

I just finished reading the latest issue...wow...robot...dam dude. Going into the future this is going to be really crazy stuff. I wanted something similar to happen at Marvel during the Secret Invasion event, I wanted the skrulls to win and the heroes to have an underground rebellion but alas that didn't happen.

*edit* Oh and any one hear of Invincible universe coming back? Or another title taking its place yet?

Do you think Robot might commit suicide in the near future? I don't know why....but I just got those kinds of vibes on the last pages.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Hmm. It happened exactly as you fine folks predicted. That's strange because Kirkman is usually fairy unpredictable. I don't think I'm disappointed, though, so long as it leads to interesting things and Robot eventually gets his comeuppance.