Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Anyone know when the next large format collection comes out? The last one I got was #7 I think. I love this book. I just can't read it monthly.
    Adam Wallenta
    Illustrator/Writer

My new all-ages graphic novel I created with my 5-year-old son, "PUNK TACO" is available now.
    PUNK TACO is about a lovable alien taco that rocks out across the galaxy with his band of misfits, fighting evil and anyone in need.

PUNKTACO.com

PUNK TACO on AMAZON

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUS View Post
    Anyone know when the next large format collection comes out? The last one I got was #7 I think. I love this book. I just can't read it monthly.
    Volume 8 is out. Volume 9 hasn't been in the solicitations yet so we're looking at probably September or October.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I know it's a matter of time before my friend posts on here, I can't spell his old username cause I'm blah at spell but for the longest time I got digital codes from him and still hope our deal is good, he's the user that loans out his Invicibles trades, and got in hugely into invincible when I was starting to read it
    I'm here. Had a bump in my re-registration but got it worked out. You should have a PM from me.

Quote Originally Posted by wiski View Post
    Someone pointed out previously that in Mark's past battles he only won against Conquest because of the intervention of others (Eve blasting the crap out of him) and the second time he basically had to sacrifice his own life to beat Conquest and would have died if not for the intervention of others.

Who says Thragg was going all out on Mark? Mark was having trouble beating his dad in the arm wrestling contest they were having and there is nothing saying he would have won if he hadn't given up.

Has it been said that Anissa isn't more powerful than Nolan? Who says Anissa wasn't ALMOST as powerful as Conquest? Sure, Nolan was something of a hero, but I don't think he was said to be one of the most powerful Viltrumites.

As Viltrumites age they get more powerful, so Mark should be more powerful than other Viltrumites that are both much older AND more experienced than he is?

I'm sure I could figure out better or more complete examples, but the point is that there hasn't really been a whole lot to show us how powerful Mark is compared to the other Elite Viltrumites, except for the times he got lucky or almost died fighting against Conquest.
    Mark has been portrayed as getting stronger all the time. He should be the 3rd strongest viltrumite after his dad and thragg. When he said he killed Conquest all the viltrumites present (including Anissa) responded in a WHAT?!?! NO WAY! type fashion. Anissa's strength is never said BUT based on the fact the she couldn't land a punch on Allen, and that on her first appearance she slammed Mark into the ground (in the exact same way as in #110) and Mark goes " Thanks, you cracked my back for me"......and that was BEFORE the first conquest fight. So yes, she shouldn't be able to overpower Mark EVER. The only thing I could say is that his head was totally F***ed from the breakup with eve, and he wasn't in Rage "imma go all out" mode". But feels like a lot PIS instead to me, that or kirkman decided he had Mark grow too much in strength too fast and wants to slowly start scaling him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Mark has been portrayed as getting stronger all the time. He should be the 3rd strongest viltrumite after his dad and thragg. When he said he killed Conquest all the viltrumites present (including Anissa) responded in a WHAT?!?! NO WAY! type fashion. Anissa's strength is never said BUT based on the fact the she couldn't land a punch on Allen, and that on her first appearance she slammed Mark into the ground (in the exact same way as in #110) and Mark goes " Thanks, you cracked my back for me"......and that was BEFORE the first conquest fight. So yes, she shouldn't be able to overpower Mark EVER. The only thing I could say is that his head was totally F***ed from the breakup with eve, and he wasn't in Rage "imma go all out" mode". But feels like a lot PIS instead to me, that or kirkman decided he had Mark grow too much in strength too fast and wants to slowly start scaling him back.

All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Anissa was clearly much stronger then Mark in that first encounter. Mark made a joke but he was outclassed and he knew it. That's why the issue ends with him sighing and saying he needed to start working out more.

Mark didn't beat Conquest because he was stronger then him. He admits this after their second fight. He got help from Eve the first fight and found ways to win, but it wasn't with pure strength.

We have never seen Anissa lose a fight. She went toe to toe with both Allen and Nolan during the Viltrumite War. Neither of them (and Allen in particular has impressive strength feats during the book) ever got the clear upper hand on her. At no point was she seen losing a fight. She didn't beat either of them but she was capable of slugging it out with both of them.

So I'm not sure why everyone assumes Mark should be stronger then her. Throw in the fact that he was emotionally devastated from the break up with Eve and the fact that he kept trying to reason with her and thought she was just treating it like a game, and I find it very believable that she got the upper hand on Mark.
    Last edited by capuga; 05-02-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

I had wanted to read Invincible for the longest time but the number of issues that were out at the time (it was in the 90s) made is very daunting even though I already owned quite a few of the issues & trades (thanks to my Image connections). My friend Mike insisted that I try it out so he gave me the first five trades (which I didn't own). I blew through them, instantly loving the series and picked up every single trade & issue I was missing. It's now in my top five favorite series and is one of the first books I read when a new issue comes out.

I've also met some really cool Invincible fans over the years (Robbie Z and capuga) who along with my friend Mike have convinced me that Invincible has some of the best fans around.
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    I had wanted to read Invincible for the longest time but the number of issues that were out at the time (it was in the 90s) made is very daunting even though I already owned quite a few of the issues & trades (thanks to my Image connections). My friend Mike insisted that I try it out so he gave me the first five trades (which I didn't own). I blew through them, instantly loving the series and picked up every single trade & issue I was missing. It's now in my top five favorite series and is one of the first books I read when a new issue comes out.

I've also met some really cool Invincible fans over the years (Robbie Z and capuga) who along with my friend Mike have convinced me that Invincible has some of the best fans around.
    Yeah, was very cool to meet Marc at Baltimore Comic Con. He has the most awesome sketch book of Cassie Hack sketches. Hack/Slash is another series that I highly recommend everyone check out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Anissa was clearly much stronger then Mark in that first encounter. Mark made a joke but he was outclassed and he knew it. That's why the issue ends with him sighing and saying he needed to start working out more.

Mark didn't beat Conquest because he was stronger then him. He admits this after their second fight. He got help from Eve the first fight and found ways to win, but it wasn't with pure strength.

We have never seen Anissa lose a fight. She went toe to toe with both Allen and Nolan during the Viltrumite War. Neither of them (and Allen in particular has impressive strength feats during the book) ever got the clear upper hand on her. At no point was she seen losing a fight. She didn't beat either of them but she was capable of slugging it out with both of them.

So I'm not sure why everyone assumes Mark should be stronger then her. Throw in the fact that he was emotionally devastated from the break up with Eve and the fact that he kept trying to reason with her and thought she was just treating it like a game, and I find it very believable that she got the upper hand on Mark.
    Well u know because he was not "fighting hard" enough.

Volume 8 is out. Volume 9 hasn't been in the solicitations yet so we're looking at probably September or October.
    Capuga I got an awesome invincible commission sketch for free today at FCBD, I was going to show you but it'll have to be later can't seem to post pictures from my phone XD

image.jpg

Here it is assuming my iPad will attach it.

Didn't want Rick or co. So I went another Kirkman route.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Doctor; 05-03-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBatmanFanGuy View Post
    image.jpg

Here it is assuming my iPad will attach it.

Didn't want Rick or co. So I went another Kirkman route.
    Ha, very awesome. I was going to try and get an Invincible sketch for FCBD as well but the line was just too long. Yours is great.

I purchased HC 1-6 and TPB 14, 15 and 16 last week.
    Good god this comic is great.
    Throw me to the Wolves... And I'll come back leading the Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauL83 View Post
    I purchased HC 1-6 and TPB 14, 15 and 16 last week.
    Good god this comic is great.
    Awesome. Keep us posted would love to hear your thoughts on the book as you go through it.

Fantastic Member

According to Amazon it's August 9.
    Last edited by RD!; 05-14-2014 at 10:08 PM.