Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...oot-imageexpo/

So what do you guys make of this? I'm guessing it's another teaser that simply makes fun of the Big Two. Just like the "New 1st issue" teasers that were released only to then reveal it was #111.
    I hope it is just a storyline that does not change the past, reset, or reboot anything. One thing I love about the book is that it's a constant story without outside interruptions.

EDIT: based on Ottleys facebook activity it seems like this wont be a reboot.
    Last edited by JayBee; 07-02-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Sounds to me like just another case of Kirkman tweakING the big 2 and their recent universe reboots. Guessing nothing is actually happening.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

It seems like Mark will be sent to the past.

I wonder if something HUGE happens in the present for Mark to go back in time.

Spectacular Member

A Peggy Sue setup is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I doubt it will be used to actually reboot anything. Maybe a small thing that will turn out to be important later on. Other than that can't wait for Mark's reaction to a possibility that he will be forced to relive his entire superhero career. And it will be a good opportunity to reread the early issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...oot-imageexpo/

So what do you guys make of this? I'm guessing it's another teaser that simply makes fun of the Big Two. Just like the "New 1st issue" teasers that were released only to then reveal it was #111.
    Honestly given the dark side of this series so far, I'm truly hoping for a second chance on this series and for Kirkman to show how things were to go if Mark reacted to events differently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Sounds to me like just another case of Kirkman tweakING the big 2 and their recent universe reboots. Guessing nothing is actually happening.
    Or maybe he could learn from the Big 2 and make some changes into his own on-going series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Or maybe he could learn from the Big 2 and make some changes into his own on-going series.
    Expect he disagrees with the majority of the way the big two handle their universes and feels invincible is everything he wants in a superhero comic. So I doubt he feels there is much to learn from them except what not to do. Not saying that is or isn't a correct view point but it is the way he seems to view things.

Really I'll give my all-time favorite series the benefit of the doubt as long as it doesn't mess up the mark/eve relationship. Then I would cry rivers of fan boy tears.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

All-New Member

Guys I have a question
    I want to read the series but don't want to go to the start and read 120 issues because I like to be in the current story and buy the issues when they arrive
    Where should I start?

Quote Originally Posted by tomer4321765 View Post
    Guys I have a question
    I want to read the series but don't want to go to the start and read 120 issues because I like to be in the current story and buy the issues when they arrive
    Where should I start?
    Issue #118 is free at Comixology and a decent starting point, as it recaps some of the immediate events in the Invincible 'verse. Just a warning: the tone does swing from family hijinks and gross-out humor to the emotional fall-out of rape pretty quickly.

Guys I have a question
    Where should I start?
    If you don't start this series at #1, you're totally missing out.

Guys I have a question
    Where should I start?
    Reading the story from the start is totally worth it.

There'a a huge Skybound sale at Comixology now, and Invincible has all issues and trades at good prices. I only had the six first trades, but now I have all of them. It cost about 80 bucks, but I was gonna buy them over time anyways. So, time to read it all from the start!

Vote for Robot in 2016 for world peace!
    Can someone remind me why we are supposed to hate him again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Vote for Robot in 2016 for world peace!
    Can someone remind me why we are supposed to hate him again?
    Because he killed those Heroes, that's really the only reason. But with time travel about to reset the series it's hard to even be mad about that.