Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Kirkman shouyld be commended for allowing progression in this series and making everything count.

Really hope he doesnt reboot everything and ruin one thing i love about the series

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post
    Really hope he doesnt reboot everything and ruin one thing i love about the series
    I know, right?
    I really hope this reboot talk is Kirkman trolling us, per usual. I would like the time travel to be more in the vain of Days Of Future Past than New 52/Secret Wars full-reboot.

I would almost be on Robot's side if he hadn't cold-bloodely murdered so many heroes without giving them a chance to join him. Also, I don't feel he's actually doing this for the greater good, but because he likes power at this point. But I wasn't surprised to see heroes (and I agreed with Brit's speech about Cecil) join him.

Really enjoyed DA Sinclair and Monax in this issue also. Overall, a good check in on Earth and what is happening there.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post
    Kirkman shouyld be commended for allowing progression in this series and making everything count.

Considering how often Kirkman pokes fun at Marvel and DC for rebooting things all the time, I am betting this is a temporary storyline, it wouldn't be the first time time travel was in Invincible, although previously Mark didn't lose his powers, but it may be something different. That and the image of the cover Ottley posted on Twitter says 'PART ONE OF THREE' on it.
    Comics I read:
    Invincible
    other comics that aren't as good as Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I would almost be on Robot's side if he hadn't cold-bloodely murdered so many heroes without giving them a chance to join him. Also, I don't feel he's actually doing this for the greater good, but because he likes power at this point. But I wasn't surprised to see heroes (and I agreed with Brit's speech about Cecil) join him.

Really enjoyed DA Sinclair and Monax in this issue also. Overall, a good check in on Earth and what is happening there.
    I would have loved Immortal to question Robot about the stuff he brought up to Mark about how things might go in the future like when keeping the elderly alive not being the "logical" choice and all that.

I think it will be just Mark's consciousness traveling into the past. He must be really careful though. Things like Oliver not being born might happen.

BANNED

Who's worse: Robot or Rex considering where things are right now ?

Cecil maybe a jerk, but at least he had a bit of a heart and cared a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Cecil maybe a jerk, but at least he had a bit of a heart and cared a bit.
    To fix the world, at the state is has gotten to, we need someone who will approach the task with the cold, clinical view that a doctor learns to take of patients to keep themselves emotionally detached. VOTE ROBOT 2016. To keep with the medical analogy, surgery can be painful and debilitating, but it ultimately gets results. No pain, no gain.

Very often, usually with DC more than Marvel, I wind up rooting for the villains (especially Superman villains) and Mark has reached Clark Kent levels of pomposity. He is so ful of himself that he can not comprehend any path to peace outside his own. If the real world acted the way Mark is, there would be a civil war in America every time a Democrat replaces a Republican as President, or vice versa. Also, wasn;t the arc right before this all about Mark himself trying to kill a bunch of people to achieve a greater good? And it only took a handful of issues for him to completely change his mindset from Magneto's to Xavier's? Idk, Kirkman is getting a bit sloppy on this series lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Also, wasn;t the arc right before this all about Mark himself trying to kill a bunch of people to achieve a greater good? And it only took a handful of issues for him to completely change his mindset from Magneto's to Xavier's?
    Mark didn't want to kill people, Dinosaurus was the one that thought it was necessary. Mark just wanted to work with him and use his genius ideas, he specifically wanted to be present to prevent Dinosaurus from killing people.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

BANNED

I truly hope Kirkman has a way out for Rex to have a major fall...again and this time staying down.

All-New Member

Things are great, but I imagine there are plenty of unsavory actions that Rex is engaging in to maintain the peace. Mussolini "kept the trains running on time", but he was a tyrant dictator. Rex's previous actions show that he isn't averse to getting his hands dirty to have his dreams realized.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    Things are great, but I imagine there are plenty of unsavory actions that Rex is engaging in to maintain the peace. Mussolini "kept the trains running on time", but he was a tyrant dictator. Rex's previous actions show that he isn't averse to getting his hands dirty to have his dreams realized.
    Yet even Mussolini has to have a fall or two and the same could have been said about a certain Cuban Dictator.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicBrawn View Post
    Did Mussolini actually keep the trains running, or was it more that people didn't dare complain if they weren't on time?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karthak View Post
    Did Mussolini actually keep the trains running, or was it more that people didn't dare complain if they weren't on time?
    It could have been a little of both. I'm certain Mussolini was a "kill the messenger" type. He would only have to do it once and no one would ever complain again. Even though there wouldn't be any complaining, doesn't mean the engineers could slack off either. Mussolini telling people that the trains were always on time meant the trains BETTER be on time or else. It doesn't bode well for the person that makes the leader seem to be a liar.

People are definitely wondering about why things are going so well in the Invincible Universe. It can't be too hard to see that it ties into Robot's robots since they're probably all over the place. With some research, it wouldn't be hard to trace them back to their beginnings. "Man, those robots look awfully similar to the robots that were part of the Teen Team and Guardians of the Globe/Global Guardians." But, if anyone gets too close to the truth, then he/she/they simply disappear or have an unfortunate accident.

Yay, it isn't a reboot, just a time traveling arc to tickle the nostalgia bones of long time readers. This should be great, a welcome break from all the Robot/Viltrumite drama.