Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Kirkman recently said that Invincible would have the same release model as Saga for the foreseeable future, which is putting out enough issues to compile in a trade, followed by a hiatus every time. So we'll probably be getting 3 months off followed by 6 months on, and repeated.
    ....Why?????????? Seriously why???

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    ....Why?????????? Seriously why???
    Too many issues were missing their solicitation dates. So they want to make sure they are able to work ahead so that they ship on the dates that they promised.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Oh man, talk about tearjerker endings. A real kick in the gut right there.
    spoilers:
    I wonder who Eve is dating now?
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

I'm really curious to see what the power structure is like now. Did Thragg win? His army's got to be full grown by now right? Is five years longer than the series has been going in the comic? These next few issues should be pretty fun.

Spoilers:

Not really sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I'm glad that they didn't reboot 120+ issues of continuity. I also like a lot of the possibilities that the time jump opens up:
    - Is Thragg's army grown up now? Are they at war with Robot and/or the Viltrumites?
    - Was Anissa pregnant? Did she have the baby?
    - What has happened on Earth and the conflict between Robot and the heroes with the Immortal?
    - What has Oliver and Allen been up to?

On the other hand, my favorite part of the series is the Mark and Eve relationship and this really makes me worried about what happens there:
    - Has Eve moved on with someone else? I hope not but it is pretty unfair to expect the character not to have meet someone else after 6 years of thinking Mark is dead.
    - How did she handle thinking he was dead again? She's already had to go through that twice and didn't handle it well either time. It's pretty crappy that the character has to keep having that happen to her and to deal with that.
    - Even if things work out it is terribly sad to see the family miss that much time of each other's lives. Terra grew up without a father and Eve without her partner. And Mark made a huge ethical/moral sacrifice to not lose his daughter and it still cost them all majorly.

So I'm still not sure how to feel. I'm glad it didn't reset and that Mark didn't completely lose his daughter but I can't imagine that this is going to be a happy situation for my favorite fictional family.

All-New Member

Spoilers:

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    - How did she handle thinking he was dead again? She's already had to go through that twice and didn't handle it well either time. It's pretty crappy that the character has to keep having that happen to her and to deal with that.
    I think this is the thing that bothered me most about the issue. Is this all Eve's going to be reduced to? The suffering wife who's supposed to go through this over and over and deal with it again and again. I don't feel like Eve's gotten much development in a while, and I hope they do use this as an avenue to do that, even if it does mean she had to move on with someone else while Mark was gone.

It was heart wrenching and awful for our favorite characters, but story wise, I couldn't be more excited to learn what we "missed". Would Robert have the gall to kill off a major character like Oliver in the 5 year jump? In some ways that would suck, but on the other hand I kind of feel like it would be unrealistic if no one we cared about died in a 5 year conflict with Thragg.

Does anyone know how much time has passed in the comic from issue #1 before this? I haven't really kept track, but I think it is less than five years. When you look at how much has changed in that time, we should expect even more change in the 5 years since.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeSnider View Post
    Does anyone know how much time has passed in the comic from issue #1 before this? I haven't really kept track, but I think it is less than five years. When you look at how much has changed in that time, we should expect even more change in the 5 years since.
    My best guess is 3-4 years.

My mind is blown. Invincible just cant catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I've recently read volumes 1&2(I love it of course), and my goal is to read every issue. I'm curious how much of a reboot we're talking about here. Is this a good jumping on point or would it be a better idea to just keep buying the trades until I'm essentially caught up? I'm guessing it'll take me about 4 or 5 months.
    About two years ago I was in the same boat as you. I started reading from issues #1 and loved every single on of them. Also, the book will be on hiatus until April, it said so in the letters coloumn in the back of issue #126. You should be able to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    I'm part way through the second compendium. This is a truly great series and I'm looking forward to getting fully up to date. I should have dumped Marvel/DC long ago as the Image books I'm now buying are much better.

Yeah, I did the same. Currently I'm reading only 4 titles from the big two. You should try branching out to Valiant too man, those are some great comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Spoilers:

- Has Eve moved on with someone else? I hope not but it is pretty unfair to expect the character not to have meet someone else after 6 years of thinking Mark is dead.

I would doubt it, unless she was in to alien loving. Are there other humans where they've chosen to live now?

Spectacular Member

Maybe it's a good things that they're doing something about their irregular schedule because today I actually realized I missed 126th issue. I would still be unaware if I didn't notice that Vol. 22 was being released which would be weird if the Reboot arc wasn't finished.

Anyway, while big time-skips are rather cheap way to bring a big change in status quo, can't say I'm not a fan of them. You just can't wait to slowly discover what happened and what everyone is doing after it. If it was manga, there would be some cool power-ups too for the main characters. And costume changes.

Few of my predictions:
    - Thragg and his army weren't all that active at least for most part of Mark's absence. The children need time to fully grow up and be trained if they were to have a chance fighting pure and almost pure Viltrumites.
    - Earth is pretty much an utopia right now. It's only when Mark gets involved in its affairs again that things go bad for everyone.
    - Eve is not romantically involved with anyone. Too many times Mark disappeared only to return later for her to not expect he will show up as long as nobody could actually confirm what happened to him. That said, she may be involved physically. If only to make it really awkward for Mark.
    - Anissa definitely has a baby with Mark. It's just too good dramatic situation for Kirkman to not use it.
    Last edited by Celestin; 02-17-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just got caught up with the last 3 trades and man Mark just can not catch a break. Just over and over he keeps getting punched in the gut. It is a wonder he has just not totally lost it by now. Sooner or latter he is going to snap.

BANNED

Its amazing Mark hasnt snapped yet quite frankly.

Bought all the trades late last year when they were on sale on ComiXology. Just caught up this past weekend. Perfect timing. Excited to check this out.