Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Still winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    About two years ago I was in the same boat as you. I started reading from issues #1 and loved every single on of them. Also, the book will be on hiatus until April, it said so in the letters coloumn in the back of issue #126. You should be able to catch up.
    So it's on hiatus til April? So they're really doing that 6 months on, 3 months off thing?

Man, I was just about to get back into the comic. I wasn't a huge fan but I dropped it back when the red-headed pink superheroine started dating Invincible because his blonde gf couldn't deal with his superhero life messing up their relationship. That was years ago. I had to drop it because I was going on a budget and forgot to get back in when I was off my budget. Like I said, I wasn't a huge fan. But if the comic won't come out monthly and keeps doing the hiatus thing then I definitely know I'll lose interest in it. Too bad. I was willing to start buying trades.

So Saw one of the variant covers for Batman V Superman...It looks like Mark aged a few years and put on a Superman suit.

image.jpg

I was a year behind on invincible but I reread everything this week and got up to the 126th issue. Things might be getting a little bit TOO crazy for me now haha
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

Fantastic Member

Oh, wow, I just plowed through volumes 1-21 for the Collected Comics 2016 Read-A-Thon (cheap plug) thread.

Didn't realize the title was slowing down publishing. Don't know what the hold up is attributed to, but if the scheduling keeps Ottley around, I'm fine with it...sorta.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Oh, wow, I just plowed through volumes 1-21 for the Collected Comics 2016 Read-A-Thon (cheap plug) thread.

Didn't realize the title was slowing down publishing. Don't know what the hold up is attributed to, but if the scheduling keeps Ottley around, I'm fine with it...sorta.

I remember when I caught up to the publishing schedule after being 110 or so issues behind. That was a painful day. This is truly the best comic book that has ever been published!

Fantastic Member

It is, it is and Ottley is doing the work of his career on it.

Issue 127 came out today. Even though I greatly missed Ryan Ottlys art I thought this issue was fantastic. Seeing where so many characters are in 5 years is both heartbreaking and interesting.

BANNED

Not surprising. Though The world is been going to hell since 100.

The return of the original artist was extremely jarring, how long until this ends?
    The issue was great. Mark is a moron LOL, he is disrespecting his sexy wife by not assuming she was with other dudes, like, the first thought to go through his mind when he learned the 5 years thing. If he is a giant whiney baby about it and gives Eve a guilt trip, I'll be peeved. She would need to have some crippling mental disorder to force herself to stay celibate for 5 years of mourning LOL, does Mark want to date a crazy person?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    The return of the original artist was extremely jarring, how long until this ends?
    Cory Walker is doing a full story arc - 6 issues.

Will be about a full year with no Ryan Ottley Invincible art (besides the covers) between the hiatus and Walker doing an arc
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Cory Walker is doing a full story arc - 6 issues.

Will be about a full year with no Ryan Ottley Invincible art (besides the covers) between the hiatus and Walker doing an arc
    When you put it that way it is a real bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    When you put it that way it is a real bummer.
    Seriously. Especially since they are introducing new models of the old characters, and I keep wishing I could see Oliver's stupid 'stache with a better artist doing it.
    On that topic, that kid grew up to be a real d-bag.

Seriously. Especially since they are introducing new models of the old characters, and I keep wishing I could see Oliver's stupid 'stache with a better artist doing it.
    On that topic, that kid grew up to be a real d-bag.
    I really REALLY hope he is a triple agent. Considering he told his wife(?) that he had to make the call I am holding out hope that he is still loyal to the coalition due to the fact that his wife in theory would not be okay with the father of her children being in league with the man who wants to destroy her entire way of life.

Incredible Member

The issue was great. Mark is a moron LOL, he is disrespecting his sexy wife by not assuming she was with other dudes, like, the first thought to go through his mind when he learned the 5 years thing. If he is a giant whiney baby about it and gives Eve a guilt trip, I'll be peeved. She would need to have some crippling mental disorder to force herself to stay celibate for 5 years of mourning LOL, does Mark want to date a crazy person?
    I'm with you on hoping that Mark doesn't try to make Eve feel guilty about her moving on after several years having to assume that Mark was dead or otherwise never coming back. What will be interesting is if Eve is still with someone else, though the way she told Mark made it seem like there was someone else, but that is over.

I think I may actually prefer Cory Walker to Ryan Ottley, though as soon as I open a Ryan Ottley book, I will feel otherwise.

Calling Mark a moron is a bit much. To him it has only been a few weeks, not 5 years. So he can't really process it even if you tell him. No one could. So while Eve has had 5 years to move on from Mark and have other relationships and sleep with other people his single focus has been to get back to her and their kid. Then to find out that she has been with other people and their daughter is now 5 years old is something he will never be able to fully accept or understand probably, especially if someone she slept with has a connection to Mark. She can't even kiss him or sleep in the same bed as him, which has to hurt a lot when he fought so hard to get back to her. So you wonder if she had fallen in love with someone else too.

But I wasn't a fan of these developments, especially when we had such a similar story jump not long ago. It just paints Eve in a bad light for no reason and makes Mark just miserable. Surely there had to have been another way to advance the other stories forward without this dumb story.
    Last edited by Badou; 04-21-2016 at 06:29 PM.