Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Issue 111 out today! And it is crazy!

spoilers:
    That may have been the saddest death in the history of the book for me. I loved Cecil as a character and was really wanting to see him and Mark repair their relationship. I knew he had to go because he was a huge threat to Robot but it was sad to see. RIP Cecil. Some other quick thoughts:

- Mark should have pretended to listen to Robot's offer to give Eve time to get away before engaging him. Hell, he should have at least listened to Robot's plans, wouldn't have been any worse then working with Dinosaurus.
    - But man, Robot is a cold SOB. He was a really sympathetic character when he was wooing Monster Girl but he seems almost emotionless these days. I get he feels that things like killing Cecil are a necessary means to his ends, but he doesn't even seem to be bothered by it.
    - Wonder if Eve's power use hurt the baby at all? I guessing at this point the baby is fully formed enough to be OK as long as the V's can medically treat her. But when I saw that burst of pink I thought the next page was going to show her losing the baby as she said "screw it" and used her powers to make a new leg and fight Robot. Guess she'll have cyborg parts like Rick and Donald or like Oliver with his jaw and arm instead (no, I don't think she's going to die).
    - Guess I was wrong about there being something up with Eve or her knowing something during the breakup. So it was just a poorly done breakup scene afterall. Don't think getting her leg ripped off will convince her being around Mark is a healthy lifestyle choice.
    - Wonder if Anissa will cause drama with Eve now that they are on the V ship together? Maybe even try to hurt her and Mark's non-V baby?
    end of spoilers

Crazy stuff, still processing it so I'm undecided how I feel. Definitely can't wait for the next issue though.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Great stuff man. Left me wanting MOAR! I am eagerly waiting the day a certain cold calculation character meets a gruesome end.

Man Kirkman has some kind of gore fetish.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Man Kirkman has some kind of gore fetish.
    If anyone is expecting a family friendly comic then they really haven't followed the comic at all. Nor Kirkman's works for that matter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Issue 111 out today! And it is crazy!

spoilers:
    That may have been the saddest death in the history of the book for me. I loved Cecil as a character and was really wanting to see him and Mark repair their relationship. I knew he had to go because he was a huge threat to Robot but it was sad to see. RIP Cecil. Some other quick thoughts:

- Mark should have pretended to listen to Robot's offer to give Eve time to get away before engaging him. Hell, he should have at least listened to Robot's plans, wouldn't have been any worse then working with Dinosaurus.
    - But man, Robot is a cold SOB. He was a really sympathetic character when he was wooing Monster Girl but he seems almost emotionless these days. I get he feels that things like killing Cecil are a necessary means to his ends, but he doesn't even seem to be bothered by it.
    - Wonder if Eve's power use hurt the baby at all? I guessing at this point the baby is fully formed enough to be OK as long as the V's can medically treat her. But when I saw that burst of pink I thought the next page was going to show her losing the baby as she said "screw it" and used her powers to make a new leg and fight Robot. Guess she'll have cyborg parts like Rick and Donald or like Oliver with his jaw and arm instead (no, I don't think she's going to die).
    - Guess I was wrong about there being something up with Eve or her knowing something during the breakup. So it was just a poorly done breakup scene afterall. Don't think getting her leg ripped off will convince her being around Mark is a healthy lifestyle choice.
    - Wonder if Anissa will cause drama with Eve now that they are on the V ship together? Maybe even try to hurt her and Mark's non-V baby?
    end of spoilers

Crazy stuff, still processing it so I'm undecided how I feel. Definitely can't wait for the next issue though.
    Outside of the....other stuff the Robot Arc is hands down an entertaining read.

I wouldn't worry about Mark/Eve. I'm just counting down the issues till they eventually get back together again. Personally I still say Mark and Eve are more healthy apart than they are together.

BANNED

Its a bad day for Mark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Its a bad day for Mark.
    No kidding. Sucks to be him right now

BANNED

I have a theory that perhaps Robot's time in that other dimension had messed him up somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Personally I still say Mark and Eve are more healthy apart than they are together.
    Perhaps Eve is. But Mark is in no way better off without Eve's humanizing love and support.

BANNED

Perhaps Eve is. But Mark is in no way better off without Eve's humanizing love and support.
    I'm kinda hoping this brings him and Amber back together.

BANNED

I have a theory that perhaps Robot's time in that other dimension had messed him up somehow.
    Agreed. Also it always seems to be a problem in this genre when your heroic genius has no other heroic geniuses to keep them in check. They always seem to fall into a megalomaniac only I can save the Earth Position.

I'm kinda hoping this brings him and Amber back together.
    Amber was the most boring love interest in the history of comics IMO. That relationship never had any interesting moments (it didn't help that it was always clearly a place holder till Mark got together with his true love). Plus, how is Amber better off with Mark? He was never there for her, always running off to be a superhero (which she was never supportive of to him). And the danger that Eve is in for being a part of Mark's life goes much more so for Amber who doesn't have her own superpowers to protect herself.

Why would Mark want to leave his long, long term love that he wants to marry and is having a baby with, for a girl that he briefly dated and split with because they both agreed they were each better off apart?

Amber was the most boring love interest in the history of comics IMO. That relationship never had any interesting moments (it didn't help that it was always clearly a place holder till Mark got together with his true love). Plus, how is Amber better off with Mark? He was never there for her, always running off to be a superhero (which she was never supportive of to him). And the danger that Eve is in for being a part of Mark's life goes much more so for Amber who doesn't have her own superpowers to protect herself.

Why would Mark want to leave his long, long term love that he wants to marry and is having a baby with, for a girl that he briefly dated and split with because they both agreed they were each better off apart?
    This is Mark's new family

BANNED

Biased much? She was supportive with him. She supported him when he was dealing with all that crap over his father's betrayal and beating Mark half to death. Also Mark isn't blameless in the whole break up either. He did the same thing that resulted in his break up with Eve, who is no saint herself since she did come off like a selfish you know what in the end

Biased much? She was supportive with him. She supported him when he was dealing with all that crap over his father's betrayal and beating Mark half to death. Also Mark isn't blameless in the whole break up either. He did the same thing that resulted in his break up with Eve, who is no saint herself since she did come off like a selfish you know what in the end
    Of course I'm biased, because I like the much more interesting and better fleshed out relationship with Eve (Amber was always clearly intended to be a bump in the road to Mark and Eve eventually getting together so it was hard to invest in her much). They are my favorite couple in all of fiction in any form.

There just was anything to invest Mark and Amber's relationship. At what point did Mark and Amber ever do anything really interesting? At what point was she an emotional anchor for Mark? When did it ever feel like there was a deep bond between the two of them?

She wasn't supportive of him during his fathers death because he never confided in her. She didn't even know what happened. That's not her fault, but he never went to her for comfort and instead kept his distance so it's not like she helped him emotionally there. She didn't support his superhero career. She was excited when she first found out but then virtually every single scene with her in the series after that point is her complaining about Mark not being around because he was off being a superhero.

And I didn't say Mark was blameless, that is why I said that Amber isn't better off with Mark. You said that Mark and Eve are better off apart but you hoped Mark would get back together with Amber. My point is that if Eve is better off without Mark, then Amber certainly is. She was obviously happier dating someone that was actually going to show up for their dates and be around. And she is definitely safer without Mark around. So why would it be good for her to get back together with Mark?

And how would Mark be better off? Get back together with a woman that is not going to be happy or supportive of your superhero lifestyle? Lose a relationship with a woman that he is deeply in love with to gain one with a woman that was basically a quick high school sweetheart? Plus, Mark expressed regret at not being able to be there for her because of his lifestyle, why would he want to do that to her again? The fact that Eve could be part of both sides of his life was one of the things that interested Mark. He'd never have that with Amber.
    Last edited by capuga; 05-22-2014 at 09:22 AM.