Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So Is this the appreciation thread?

Also I want to start this, where would be a good start? Straight from the beginning or is there a better start?
    Yeah, with Invincible you really have to start from the beginning.

Hey AJpyro, I want you to know, I was in the same boat as you abooooout three years ago if I'm not mistaken. I started monthly with issue 98. However before I began I went back and read issues 1-97 within two weeks time and I don't regret it at all. I've been reading comics since I was 6 and I'll be 33 this weekend, Invincible is by far the best super hero title I've ever read. I was able to read all 97 issues just because I couldn't put it down. If you have questions we're always happy to answer them for you. Enjoy the ride my friend.

That last page guys.

I saw it coming but it still shocked me. Best issue since the book came back but I really feel like the book could use a spin off mini series about what happened during those 5 years. Im bummed that we missed a whole invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    I saw it coming but it still shocked me.
    Yeah, I'd been waiting for it, but that didn't make the reveal any less awesome.

Also, I still support Rex and think Mark is being a little bitch about the whole thing. Worse people have run Earth. Trump is about to rule the world, Rex ain't that bad.

Thought the issue did a really good job at balancing the plot developments and relationship drama. My quick thoughts:

spoilers:
    - I like the little scales on Allen's regrown limbs, looks like is new design will be cool looking. Wonder how strong he is going to be now.
    - Telia and her brother clearly do not know Eve very well if they believe she would be happy without her daughter. Regardless of if their culture values children, they should recognize that Eve obviously does. Mark handled the meeting well. He's been surprising rational about the whole situation.
    - Not surprised Nolan would work with Robot but I'm a little surprised they are actually friends.
    - Wouldn't mind seeing a little more of the invasion from the Technicians (or the last 5 years on Earth). Wish we could get a spinoff mini series.
    - Terra continues to be super cute.
    - Enjoyed watching Eve hit Anissa.
    - Has Anissa mellowed out or changed a bit? She seemed fairly domestic.
    - Was expecting the last page reveal but still was hoping it wouldn't happen. Rape child, ugh. Guess it will be interesting to see what comes next though.
    end of spoilers

Mark really could use a break though, nothing seems to go his way.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

We all saw that coming. Wonder if we will see a Starman pulled here.

Hopefully within the next year all dangling plots and stories will be addressed. One I'd really like to see is if Zandale (aka Invincible, or Bulletproof) will ever see justice for those murders he committed and covered up.

Manchine

I have kept up with it since Heroclix made clix of them. Sad to see it ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Hopefully within the next year all dangling plots and stories will be addressed. One I'd really like to see is if Zandale (aka Invincible, or Bulletproof) will ever see justice for those murders he committed and covered up.
    The one where he killed his parents? Almost forgot about that.

Just read through vol 1-3. My thoughts are as such:

1. THANK YOU! Thank you for helping me get into this series.
    2. Art's a bit weird but growing on me.
    3. Vol 3 man...Just vol 3.
    4. spoilers:
    I swear to god Robot is up to some heinous crap. Maybe its that goofy smile but I can't help but feel something's up
    end of spoilers
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Wait until Ottley hits his stride in the mid-20 issues. Then the art will knock your socks off.

1. THANK YOU! Thank you for helping me get into this series.
    3. Vol 3 man...Just vol 3.
    4. spoilers:
    I swear to god Robot is up to some heinous crap. Maybe its that goofy smile but I can't help but feel something's up
    end of spoilers

The art is great, hopefully you'll grow to love it too. The series will only get better and better as you go on. Take it from someone who read issues 1-100 in less than two weeks.

Truth_Behold

My pal that turned me on to the thought of reading Invincible (which was the single best idea I've had for while) and I were having this conversation a while back. It was about how the Viltrumites are similar in aspects to Saiyans. Of course there are differences, such as growing hair and not being able to shoot their collective energy into blasts (yet). It was just the first thing that came to mind when reading. Oh and also the whole Viltrumite planet brooking business reminds us of Frieza's never ending conquest to enslave the universe by sending his most powerful warriors to exterminate all life on said planet for sale, kind of like what Viltrumites do but of course differently. An Thragg is a way more bad-ass version of King Vegeta. Has anyone else taken notice to this??? Grand-Regent-Thragg-Invincible-Comics-Viltrumite-c.jpgZy7b48.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Truth_Behold View Post
    My pal that turned me on to the thought of reading Invincible (which was the single best idea I've had for while) and I were having this conversation a while back. It was about how the Viltrumites are similar in aspects to Saiyans. Of course there are differences, such as growing hair and not being able to shoot their collective energy into blasts (yet). It was just the first thing that came to mind when reading. Oh and also the whole Viltrumite planet brooking business reminds us of Frieza's never ending conquest to enslave the universe by sending his most powerful warriors to exterminate all life on said planet for sale, kind of like what Viltrumites do but of course differently. An Thragg is a way more bad-ass version of King Vegeta. Has anyone else taken notice to this??? Grand-Regent-Thragg-Invincible-Comics-Viltrumite-c.jpgZy7b48.jpg
    A lot of people of mentioned the similarities (I've never read Dragon Ball Z so I don't know) but Kirkman has replied that he's never read Dragon Ball either so it seems to be just coincidence.