Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    And honestly this isn't the worst I've seen when it comes to Gore. The Boys make Invincible look G-Rated in comparison.
    Ha, The Boys makes almost everything seem G-rated by comparison.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    What the hell did I just read?
    A superhero series that doesn't pull punches

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

A superhero series that doesn't pull punches
    Literally.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Capuga, loved the explanation on Eve and Mark's relationship. Far more eloquently stated than anything I would have said, and you are absolutely right on every point. I agree, the breakup scene was pretty poorly done. I can see Eve getting to the breaking point and being upset, but she came off very poorly in the scene as written. I was a little surprised at how easily Anissa overpowered Mark as I had also gotten the impression he was getting really strong in comparison to other Vs, though I suppose nothing concrete has been stated, and thus nothing was technically contradicted.

I don't know why this book is getting complaints about too much gore. Far from it; I think this book uses it to great effect and not at all in a gratuitous manner. These beings are insanely strong and powerful, and stuff is going to get messy when they fight. Frankly, most superhero books sell it way short and whitewash things IMO. Besides, Ottley draws such beautiful splatter scenes!

Speaking of Ottley and the visuals in general, I do feel the art is slipping a little. It seems a bit rushed and more simplistic than usual, and while I know others disagree, I feel Ottley's art is getting more and more cartoony and exaggerated. He's still great, but I don't like the art as much as I used to. Having said that, this is still leaps and bounds better than most of what else is out there, though. I'm digging the book and the current direction. I'm hoping Eve and Mark make it out of this okay.

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    These beings are insanely strong and powerful, and stuff is going to get messy when they fight. Frankly, most superhero books sell it way short and whitewash things IMO. Besides, Ottley draws such beautiful splatter scenes!
    Agreed

I'm hoping Eve and Mark make it out of this okay.
    And agreed

I think eve will unfortunately lose the baby. I say this because if you look back at the scene where Mark and robot are fighting in Marks house, and robot fires the grappling hook and snags Eves leg, you see Eve fall flat on her bump and theres a large impact drawing in the panel. I read that as trouble for their kid. Also, I'm a little behind and all but how were they talking to each other in space a few issues ago when there were no telepaths around?

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I think eve will unfortunately lose the baby. I say this because if you look back at the scene where Mark and robot are fighting in Marks house, and robot fires the grappling hook and snags Eves leg, you see Eve fall flat on her bump and theres a large impact drawing in the panel. I read that as trouble for their kid. Also, I'm a little behind and all but how were they talking to each other in space a few issues ago when there were no telepaths around?
    Noticed that too, but I don't think we're going to lose the baby, because it's already happened before (albeit voluntarily). I think it's going to be born with complications, especially with the use of Eve's powers, because there's never enough drama. I'm not saying this to be insensitive or anything, but what are the chances we get a mentally handicapped viltrumite baby? or something like that?

BANNED

Knowing the comic I get this vibe that the book might explain that a combination of both Mark and Eve's powers probably protected the baby while the baby is still in Eve's womb.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    Literally.
    If the rape scene in 110 indicated that. Eventhough there were other scenes before that reminds it's readers that the series isn't playing it safe.

BANNED

Capuga, loved the explanation on Eve and Mark's relationship. Far more eloquently stated than anything I would have said, and you are absolutely right on every point. I agree, the breakup scene was pretty poorly done. I can see Eve getting to the breaking point and being upset, but she came off very poorly in the scene as written. I was a little surprised at how easily Anissa overpowered Mark as I had also gotten the impression he was getting really strong in comparison to other Vs, though I suppose nothing concrete has been stated, and thus nothing was technically contradicted.

I don't know why this book is getting complaints about too much gore. Far from it; I think this book uses it to great effect and not at all in a gratuitous manner. These beings are insanely strong and powerful, and stuff is going to get messy when they fight. Frankly, most superhero books sell it way short and whitewash things IMO. Besides, Ottley draws such beautiful splatter scenes!

Speaking of Ottley and the visuals in general, I do feel the art is slipping a little. It seems a bit rushed and more simplistic than usual, and while I know others disagree, I feel Ottley's art is getting more and more cartoony and exaggerated. He's still great, but I don't like the art as much as I used to. Having said that, this is still leaps and bounds better than most of what else is out there, though. I'm digging the book and the current direction. I'm hoping Eve and Mark make it out of this okay.
    I could explain that Mark really wasn't in his right state of mind when that scene happen but TBH that scene was just as badly written as the break up. I would have bought it if say Mark was really physically worn out after fighting an intense battle or something.

Knowing the comic I get this vibe that the book might explain that a combination of both Mark and Eve's powers probably protected the baby while the baby is still in Eve's womb.
    Quite possibly... it just needs to be born now, which isn't a guarantee!

Just got my hands on several TPBs of Invincible. Can't wait to start reading them. Heard nothing but good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Also, I'm a little behind and all but how were they talking to each other in space a few issues ago when there were no telepaths around?
    Mark and Nolan both have the ear pieces that allow them to communicate telepathetically in space from when they were fighting in the Viltrumite War.

Man I miss those moments of levity this series used to had.

All-New Member

I kinda want Eve to die and Mark to be left a single father...