Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    I'm really disappointed in how he's depicting Cassandra. She had so much potential to be a great villain, and here she's shoveling bits of Hades into Kronus's belly.
    Yes, we all thought she was the mastermind behind the brutish FB, but here we are...
    I'm guessing Azz is making a point on how Diana treats her brothers and sisters as opposed to the FB.

Another fine issue. Love Azzarello's dialogue.

Is Hades the worst fighter in the pantheon? Lennox just takes candles from his head, First-born just blows them out.

Anyone know what the title "This Monster's Gone Eleven" is a reference to?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by goborage View Post
    This is Spinal Tap

You've gotta be kidding me if the minotaur was the one who "killed" Hermes and Dionysus.
    It's been established that the minotaur is a extremely powerful creature.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    That is good and all, but in the case of the Amazons I feel like Azzarello is more interested in demonizing them than actually showing why they hate men so much. Perez showed the Amazons as a flawed people but also kept in mind that their hatred of men was due in no small part to atrocities committed against them. Personally, I think a better story would explore why the Amazons felyt the need to isolate themselves from men in the first place.
    How were they demonized in this issue? Even Dessa says that she never wanted to throw Zeke off the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
    It's been established that the minotaur is a extremely powerful creature.
    They are still gods though. Two of them!

BANNED

Artemis, Diana is your half sister. what a way to seduce your sister into using her full god powers.

WW was so smooth with Dessa. Azz is strong is his lesbian subtext game
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-21-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Yes, we all thought she was the mastermind behind the brutish FB, but here we are...
    I'm guessing Azz is making a point on how Diana treats her brothers and sisters as opposed to the FB.
    I guess trying to use a murderous psycho god really was a bad idea after all, huh.
    Some interesting developments in this issue. The Amazons are starting to feel the wind of change on them.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
    I was really hoping Diana would bring the male amazons back to the island, hopefully they are there to stay. And Diana was really strong in this issue, her dialogue with the jumper was really interesting and spot on. Azzarello only made an obvious observation, the amazons being a perfect society, as they are often represented, is not only boring but also nonsensical.

The dialogue between gods is still as good as ever, but I didn't quite understand what was happening in Hades, his father and Cassandre threesome.

The War will probably start next issue, and oh gods it will be awesome.
    I think one of the messages is that everything changes or has to change eventually. Even immortal things like the gods and "Paradise" Island.

And yet, comic fans are so uncomfortable with change. :P

BANNED

I'm really disappointed in how he's depicting Cassandra. She had so much potential to be a great villain, and here she's shoveling bits of Hades into Kronus's belly.
    Remember the last issue? The First Born made Cassandra submit. She's his prisoner after he made her eat raw meat.

Upon second reading (the first time was kind of rushed) i realised that Hades is (thankfully) not dead. He cant die, so he's just in constant pain. I am mentioning it because Hades is probably my favourite god and i'm rather happy he has escaped death so far.

Btw, that scene with Artemis in the page posted above was hot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    The Amazons haven't been perfect since George Perez. The difference between him and Azzarello is that Perez actually showed why they hate men. What's nonsensical is to assume that their hatred comes form a superiority complex and not persecution and oppression at the hands of patriarchy.
    Did any of those writers reform them? I think Azzarello will to put their reformation into the end of the story, together with her origin (reason to leave the island.). It's the usual way he does things (giving away the beginning in the end of a story), and also a good way for the next creative team to get a fresh start with new things to toy around with.

Azz has often spoken to the fans through his characters and i really feel like he's trying to tell us something about his Amazons.
    I definitely think he wants some of the Wondy fans to ask themselves if they really want Diana and her sisters to perfect.

He used Luthor in the book Luthor: Man of steel in a similar way about Superman. Especially the "born to greatness" thing, which I think is why he's trying to stay away Wonder Woman showing off her powers besides the powers = responsibility-mind set he's writing her with. And why he loves writing her, since he loves writing characters with flaws which in Diana's case also is her biggest strength, her compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by goborage View Post
    I think it's a play on a song by The pixies called "Monkey gone to heaven" (who's lyrics fits what happened in a sense) and Spinal Tap "These go to eleven."

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    How were they demonized in this issue? Even Dessa says that she never wanted to throw Zeke off the cliff.
    And if anything, they'v been given quite sad "qualities". Especially with Diana's reasoning that a strong society is often built upon weaknesses. Something that's often overlooked thanks to the views of the country as "perfect", something I as a scandinav often can be the case where I live.

Btw, that scene with Artemis in the page posted above was hot.
    In an interesting way, no ?
    Last edited by borntohula; 05-21-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Remember the last issue? The First Born made Cassandra submit. She's his prisoner after he made her eat raw meat.
    I never said I didn't remember that, I said I didn't like it.

BANNED

I never said I didn't remember that, I said I didn't like it.
    The way you wrote in past tense sounds like you're treating that story development as the conclusion of her character.

[QUOTE=borntohula;105239]Did any of those writers reform them? I think Azzarello will to put their reformation into the end of the story, together with her origin (reason to leave the island.). It's the usual way he does things (giving away the beginning in the end of a story), and also a good way for the next creative team to get a fresh start with new things to toy around with.

Under Perez the Amazons were shown trying to overcome their anger towards the injustices committed against them by the Ancient Greeks which included Heracles enslaving them and raping Hippolyta. Their hatred, while not justified, was shown to at least be understandable as a reaction to ancient misogyny and propaganda. Under Jiminez and Rucka, they dissolved the monarchy in favor of a new democracy with Artemis and Philipus in charge (why do you think Amazons Attack was so reviled). What Azz has done is great, but it isn't as new as people think. Heck the Amazons took it a step further by forgiving Heracles for his violation of them.