Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    But, but, Matt's a New Yorker. However, the idea of him throwing this guy around is pretty funny.

Attachment 20773
    Now I am imagining Matt throwing him right after Fisk gets out of the truck.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I just got done binge watching Daredevil so while this is still fresh in my memory, Daredevil feats:

-He has solid super senses. As in, spell a guy's cologne some floors away, hear people heartbeat's and what not.
    -He is a solid aim dodger even in episode one.
    -Punches/throws/kick a guy hard enough to blow a door off its hinges in ep. 2 while seriously wounded.
    -Falls one or two floors with some breaks in between. Puts him down for some seconds before he gets up and fights.
    -Falls through three floors with the, well, floor breaking each time. This puts him down for a while. Gets back up and escapes the cops.
    -Does a fancy spin kick to break down the sewer door's metal handle in ep. 6 (?).
    -Gets thrown hard enough to break table and stuff and keeps fighting.
    -Throws his billy club hard enough to go through a car's window (which may possibly be bullet proof) from the top of a building.
    -With his suit on takes Fisk beat him with a steel pipe repeatedly and keeps on going.

Sidenotes:
    -Throwing sticks seems to work out better for him than punching as those tend to put people down right away.
    -Really likes going for the joints.
    -Some of the mooks have some pretty neat stuff. Like the guy in ep. 1. Or the Russian bro who manages to lift a pretty heavy looking piece of wood on his own while seriously wounded and actually survives the three floor fall.
    To be fair, Vladimir only lived because Matt hammered on his chest to restart his heart. Should also be noted that even as a kid he could tell if someone was dying (well, we're all dying), pointed out when he looked at the not-too-old guy feeding birds. Then there was the whole spin kick an arrow fired from Stick attached to the whole thing.

Really, Season 1 Matt was pretty insane.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Basically a gauntlet form the dude but he gets healed every fight. Purely hand to hand.

1. Bobby Morse
    2. Lance Hunter
    3. Grant Ward
    4. Melinda May

Does he clear this list or if not he far does he get.
    Bobby may beat him she did well against a Kree and held her own against May
    Hunter not much of a challenge for DD
    Ward does better then Hunter. DD would win but not easily
    May has the best chance to beat him she has beaten now 2 meta humans with Super strength so she can take alot of damage and keep going. I thing May wins unless DD has his suit then would in his favor.

I've seen 7 episodes of Daredevil now and I'd say he beats them all with varied difficulty. The agents of Shield are not close to Daredevil's speed. Every single one of them is on par with the likes of, at best, Roy from Arrow. And anyone of note on Arrow beat Roy due to speed/skill gap. Daredevil does the same to Roy, and the agent's don't do any better. The only saving grace for half of the agent's is their high damage soak/ durability, which is generally going to let them take countless unanswered shots from the pitter patter crap daredevil throws. But that only let's them get beat one-sided until they drop. Daredevil stomps even if it takes him some time to do it...May last the longest, but dd has great damage soak himself to endure when he gets popped.

..Maybe Ward being a sneaky bastard could manage something sneaky though.

Oh, and considering this
    Ward was beaten squarely by May
    Eh, wasn`t it that May was on the ground and only won due to the conveniently placed Nail Pistol?
    Just like she beat 33 due to the conveniently placed cable.

Kinda how DD beat Nobu due to the conveniently placed gasoline.

Had nothing to do with skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Oh, and considering this

Eh, wasn`t it that May was on the ground and only won due to the conveniently placed Nail Pistol?
    Pretty much.

Ward vs May fights usually come down to situational advantages not skill.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Oh, and considering this

Kinda how DD beat Nobu due to the conveniently placed gasoline.

Had nothing to do with skill.
    well I guess you could say it was convenient Nobu fight, Matt clearly made note of the gas barrels earlier in the fight when he got thrown into them. I can't really say for sure if it was a plan to light him on fire, or an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickDevilRed View Post
    well I guess you could say it was convenient Nobu fight, Matt clearly made note of the gas barrels earlier in the fight when he got thrown into them. I can't really say for sure if it was a plan to light him on fire, or an accident.
    He didn't plan on killing the guy, no.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Funner fact. I like Matt. Skye is verging into Natalie Portman ruined Thor.
    Strongly disagree with you here. I really don't see how Portman "ruined Thor". Her character was a major part of his development in the first movie and I think Natalie played her very well. Sure, she wasn't written very well in the sequel, but that's no reason to hate on the character or say that she is personally responsible for any issues that the franchise might have. I am personally very happy that the latest batch of Thor/Jane break-up rumours have been debunked and I look forward to seeing more of her in future installments.

As for Skye, well, I wasn't a fan of her to begin with, but I now think she is very interesting and an integral part of the show (which has also improved in leaps and bounds). I also don't get why you felt compelled to bring up your dissatisfaction with Skye and Jane in a "Rumbles" thread.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    But, but, Matt's a New Yorker. However, the idea of him throwing this guy around is pretty funny.

Attachment 20773

Also, agreed on some mooks being particularly tough clients. They make most of the other MCU mooks look like weaklings.

After he beats the bear up, Matt says "And **** your deep dish pizza too!"

...and then Harry Dresden comes in to defend the bear's honor.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

People saying that Nobu has some kind of advantage over Matt are ignoring an obvious thing: Matt was fighting with the equivalent of a hand tied behind his back - he did not want to kill the guy, whereas his equally-ish skilled opponent absolutely wanted to kill him. It's amazingly difficult to fight just hard enough to win without risking serious injury to someone who is as good as you are and who is out-and-out trying to kill you with killing weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    People saying that Nobu has some kind of advantage over Matt are ignoring an obvious thing: Matt was fighting with the equivalent of a hand tied behind his back - he did not want to kill the guy, whereas his equally-ish skilled opponent absolutely wanted to kill him. It's amazingly difficult to fight just hard enough to win without risking serious injury to someone who is as good as you are and who is out-and-out trying to kill you with killing weapons.
    Killing weapons?

Nah. Those were 'make you not feel good' weapons.

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post

After he beats the bear up, Matt says "And **** your deep dish pizza too!"

...and then Harry Dresden comes in to defend the bear's honor.
    I want some of what you're smoking.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Killing weapons?

Nah. Those were 'make you not feel good' weapons.
    The kusari-gama he was swinging? That ripped giant holes in Matt? Anyone without his ridiculous soak would likely have been in shock right away, and Matt took a number of decent slashes before finally getting the hook lodged in his abdomen and dragged across the floor by the thing. I cringed watching the scene.

Eh, I don't know about this argument.
    Matt was bloodlusted as hell, he planned to kill the Kingpin, I doubt he wanted to spare an underling.