Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Naruto

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So the anime has been occasionally dipping back into Canon over the last few months. I didn't really check in for the Kaguya stuff, since she wasn't exactly my favorite development...

But I've heard good things about the final Naruto vs. Sasuke battle. Apparently the first of the two episode special is pretty flashback heavy, but by the time you get to the second it gets pretty awesome, with panel by panel adaptation executed well and additional battle scenes like Sasuke using Kirin again added.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    But I've heard good things about the final Naruto vs. Sasuke battle. Apparently the first of the two episode special is pretty flashback heavy, but by the time you get to the second it gets pretty awesome, with panel by panel adaptation executed well and additional battle scenes like Sasuke using Kirin again added.
    I enjoyed it a lot.

There are quite a few flashbacks, but I never felt that they interrupted the flow of the fight, at least not any more than what we got in the manga. The animation is generally great (not the very best work for the series but easily in the top five) and all the additions were very (I loved that Sasuke used a super sized Kirin).

Overall it's pretty damn satisfying as far as final battles go.

Uping the thread for the people who still wants to talk about it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Hello everybody, I haven't posted on here in a while and I have a specific question about a panel in an Itachi manga... daylight? It is shisui explaining the sharingan to Itachi. I was wondering if anybody could direct me to where I can find this panel as it will help me in a debate if I am understanding it correctly. Any help would greatly be appreciated thank you��
    Last edited by WarrenPeace; 02-03-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    "Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child."-Thanos GotG

People thought no major character would get killed once Kishimoto's back on Boruto. He proved them wrong with spoilers:
    Kuruma
    end of spoilers.

Edit:
    I just realized both Naruto and Sasuke lost their deux ex machinas. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing.
    Last edited by OopsIdiditagain; 02-19-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    People thought no major character would get killed once Kishimoto's back on Boruto. He proved them wrong with spoilers:
    Kuruma
    end of spoilers.

Edit:
    I just realized both Naruto and Sasuke lost their deux ex machinas. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing.
    Yeah, the got nerfed at lot.
    Make sense to why Kawaki, supposedly, was able to kill Naruto in the future.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

I might've enjoyed the recent development more if the scene had been done better. It was over too quickly and didn't have nearly enough emotional impact in how it was presented.

Also, Isshiki Otsutsuki sucks as a villain. Just the blandest generic doomsday bad guy you can imagine. spoilers:
    Losing Kurama to that guy leaves a sour taste.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

All the moon people aliens suck as villains. They came out of left field to sour the conclusion of the great war arc, and their prevalence in sequel material has always soured me on following said sequels.

Extraordinary Member

All the moon people aliens suck as villains. They came out of left field to sour the conclusion of the great war arc, and their prevalence in sequel material has always soured me on following said sequels.
    True. But the others seen so far at least had some minor thing going for them.

Kaguya's insanity could be funny. Momoshiki and Kinshiki gave us several just plain cool fight sequences. Toneri was a big part of the cheesy romance drama of The Last and I kinda love him for playing his part so well.

Isshiki has none of that and is just super dull. The anime might make the fights against him better, but I doubt that'll save him.

Okay good, I thought it was just me. Kaguya was a terrible final villain reveal in the first series (managing to defy the odds and beat Obito's reveal in terms of horrible plot twists) and none of the other moon guys after her have been much better.

I liked the Kaguya fight more than I liked the actual Kaguya reveal. Although I do appreciate the idea of a woman being a major villain in a Shonen series.

Madara should've just been the Final Boss (barring the Sasuke fight).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked the Kaguya fight more than I liked the actual Kaguya reveal. Although I do appreciate the idea of a woman being a major villain in a Shonen series.

Madara should've just been the Final Boss (barring the Sasuke fight).
    Naruto generally lost it way trying to bigger and better, And it didn't know how to be subtle when it was needed, stuff Kaguya and Tail Beast vs Susanoo Guadam stuff was them trying to top themselves. I can't say Madara should have been the final fight but it is final fight felt like clever ninjustu stuff that we were used too from before.

I don't think the Otsutsuki is bad, The Otsutsuki isn't what people want from Naruto, I think fight like Danzo vs Sasuke is what people wanted from Naruto and for a final boss fight(but at a higher level). There is this line between overtop too much and overtop that is cool and the Otsutsuki always push it to Over the top too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Naruto generally lost it way trying to bigger and better, And it didn't know how to be subtle when it was needed, stuff Kaguya and Tail Beast vs Susanoo Guadam stuff was them trying to top themselves. I can't say Madara should have been the final fight but it is final fight felt like clever ninjustu stuff that we were used too from before.

I don't think the Otsutsuki is bad, The Otsutsuki isn't what people want from Naruto, I think fight like Danzo vs Sasuke is what people wanted from Naruto and for a final boss fight(but at a higher level). There is this line between overtop too much and overtop that is cool and the Otsutsuki always push it to Over the top too much.
    I loved the Tailed Beast vs Susanoo stuff though .

I like Kaguya honestly and i actually like how Madara was beaten, it was pretty fitting for him to go out like he did. But i agreed that it was poorly foreshadowed and too sudden.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

In a perfect world, none of the Uchiha villains exist. I remember when Orochimaru got treated as a villain.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?