Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto

Extraordinary Member

My favourite moment is probably Gaara's big speech to the Shinobi alliance army. How he got them all to stop their personal squabble and unite as one force with some powerful words was pretty freaking epic.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight344 View Post
    Okay since we have some time to wait, I propose something.

Name your personal most awesome moments in both series, a moment, be it an attack, a quote, or even just a situation, where you can't help but be in awe of a character(s) for whatever it is they do.

My personal one is Jiraiya literally Willing himself back to life against Pein, say what you will about the pervert, but at least we can see that Naruto, Minato, and him all have something in common.
    Favorite moments huh? I've always liked:

The original Naruto/Gaara conflict and how it was portrayed as essentially the same person having walked two different roads, turning them into very different people despite some shared hardships.

Chouji's first time eating the pill and just kicking that smug guy's ass.

Chiyo's sacrifice for Gaara, particularly her speech about how the old ways she was used to had done things wrong, and she saw now how important it was to entrust things to Naruto and Gaara, whom she believed were actually getting it right.

The development of Naruto vs. Pein/Nagato, how it had developed some themes that had been brought up before throughout the series before then but never had anything done with until that point, and how Nagato's perspective as a Rain villager muddled the protagonist-centered morality of their fight.

Naruto fighting the Kyuubi inside his realm and meeting his mom.

Ino and Hinata redirecting the Jyuubi's bijuu bomb.

Sakura revealing her Byakugou or whatever its called.

The Giant Ninja Alliance bird smashing through the Jyuubi's tails, followed by Rock Lee kicking Madara to pieces.

Gai's Eight Gates vs. Madara.

Extraordinary Member

I really loved Jiraiya's death too. I have a special place in my heart for when Orochimaru was first introduced.

He had done it, his target was dead, the fight was long, bloody, brutal, and most of all, completely exhausting, he felt as though he couldn't move anymore.

But it was all worth it, to see that look on his despicable older brother's face as pure lightning rained onto him faster than he could react, just before he was obliterated, all that effort was truly worth it.

Sasuke felt like laughing, felt like taking a moment to have a nice long laugh, his dream was almost done, his clan's deaths were avenged, now he just had to...

Wait, did he just hear Itachi's voice? That despicable creature's voice that had haunted him all these years, it was still there! He looked into the smoke, not paying attention to the actual words being said, only upon the man whom they were coming from. He was still alive! How? That jutsu was something Sasuke had worked on for years! How did it not work?

Then he saw it, crimson chakra, much like Naruto's from the Valley of the End, surrounded Itachi's form, the man's cloak was burned off, blood was leaking from almost every orifice, and he looked struggling to get up, but this chakra wrapped itself around him, as though it were a shield.

First, the skeleton came, holding his older brother in its ribs.
    Soon after the skin, which gave this creature a face.
    Finally, crimson armor wrapped around it, giving this monster a more terrifying look, with a sword and shield to go with it.

Sasuke was terrified of the creature before him, it had obviously been the one to block its attack, but what was it? was it something Itachi made?

Then he heard its name, the name he himself would utter not to long from then, and a word that would usher so much destruction;

Susanoo.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

BANNED

Kinda Weird that Naruto is ending. All good things must end though.

Decent set-up chapter, but it looks like we'll have to wait a little longer before they actually fight.

Sakura confesses her love for the 1000th time but out of anger. Sasuke knocks her out with a genjutsu and told her she means nothing to him and that her love was always one-sided. Naruto gets angry. They leave Kakashi and a sleeping Saruka to fight at the Valley of the End. Now Sasuke's going to explain his version of what a Hokage is or should be.

I would love to have seen at least one fist fly between them, and it looks like we may not get to see that in the next chapter either.

I have two thoughts.

One, that better not be building up to NaruSaku.

Two, they are fast.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

That split second I thought she was dead. I laughed. Hard. Then she went to her usual "Sasuke I love you" nonsense, him placing her in a genjutsu shows to me how useless she is. And for the love of all things good. Please! No NarutoxSakura, It would be stupid now. NarutoxHinanta or none.

This chapter took a major dump all over Sakura, and, to be honest, I cracked up. Maybe now that Sasuke has been very clear about his feelings, or lack thereof, she'll get over the puppy love (doubt it) and get together with Lee

No, but in all seriousness, it was kind of pathetic. What was even worse was Kakashi coming to her defense "She's cared about you since day one blah blah blah". Sasuke is a crazy, annoying power tool of epic proportions, but I've got to say I was with him here. She came across as a major "annoyance" and for her to be completely blind after all these years and think that she "has a place in his heart" is ridiculous. His face shows less emotion than Joan Rivers (R.I.P.), so what made her ponder whether or not he gave a damn about her or anyone outside of his true love? (Naruto) Wishful thinking is amazing, isn't it?

Female characters just become idiots around him (ex. Sakura, Karin, Ino etc.)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It would be stupid now. NarutoxHinanta or none.
    Damn right!

Really, it's not like it's a case of that pairing not being popular in Japan.

Pretty sure Hinata beat out Sakura in the last popularity poll.

The anime staff also likes her more. Both op and ed featured hand holding between them.

Even the game staff teases NaruHina.
    Last edited by Hazard; 09-26-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That split second I thought she was dead. I laughed. Hard. Then she went to her usual "Sasuke I love you" nonsense, him placing her in a genjutsu shows to me how useless she is. And for the love of all things good. Please! No NarutoxSakura, It would be stupid now. NarutoxHinanta or none.
    Seriously, NaruHina for the win!

But in all honesty, Sakura just doesn't like Naruto the way she loves Sasuke, and considering Sasuke didn't actually kill her...well, who knows?

He probably didn't kill her because he considers her to be a joke at this point. Then again, he's never really laughed at anything (aside from his random outbursts of crazy.)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    He probably didn't kill her because he considers her to be a joke at this point. Then again, he's never really laughed at anything (aside from his random outbursts of crazy.)
    I think Sakura's "love" for Sasuke really isn't that bad. No one can just go from loving someone to hating them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think Sakura's "love" for Sasuke really isn't that bad. No one can just go from loving someone to hating them completely.
    I'd say her love for him is more on the line of obsession. Which can switch quite easily depending on the circumstances.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I'd say her love for him is more on the line of obsession. Which can switch quite easily depending on the circumstances.
    If she hasn't stopped yet, when is she? And to be fair, it's not like Sasuke isn't in the wrong here either. Damn his sexy...but seriously, putting under a genjutsu and not killing her isn't that different from what he did the first time.