Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The closer it gets to the end, the more I think this is how the fight will go.

And it would make complete sense (apart from the Titan).
    I think so too.

o

This was a very skippable chapter. Sasuke goes on about how he's darkness and will have to do it all alone. Then Naruto goes on about how no one ever does it alone. They each reminisce about Itachi. The sage tells Kakashi for the 100th time "It's my time to go." Assuming no one could translate it, there was one page with speech bubbles and no dialogue. Anyway, the final page show them both charging at each other.

Huh, interesting chapter.

The way Sasuke thinks is interesting if really pessimistic.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dogg View Post
    This was a very skippable chapter. Sasuke goes on about how he's darkness and will have to do it all alone. Then Naruto goes on about how no one ever does it alone. They each reminisce about Itachi. The sage tells Kakashi for the 100th time "It's my time to go." Assuming no one could translate it, there was one page with speech bubbles and no dialogue. Anyway, the final page show them both charging at each other.
    the speech bubbles with no dialogue is something I've seen in nearly every manga translation I've ever read. it's actually hard for me to remember a manga where I didn't see it. depending on context and facial expression it could be used to show stunned disbelief, disappointment, or the inability to say anything. it is so common that I've come to accept it as a reasonable translation.

Extraordinary Member

Double post

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Huh, interesting chapter.

The way Sasuke thinks is interesting if really pessimistic.
    It was sad, pretty much.

However, it's been interesting to see the Sage interact with Kakashi, if only a little. But can Kakashi be a better father than he was? It wouldn't be that hard.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Wow, Sasuke just practically spelled out that Sakura wasn't worth killing because she meant nothing to him. That ship is deader than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It was sad, pretty much.

However, it's been interesting to see the Sage interact with Kakashi, if only a little. But can Kakashi be a better father than he was? It wouldn't be that hard.
    Like you said, it wouldn't be hard.

The man was many things but a good dad wasn't one of them.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

LMAO @ Sakura!!! I was quite pleased to see her demolished once again. What a pathetic girl. I love you, Sasuke.

I love how Sasuke was claiming that his brother would have made the perfect Hokage. Truth is he would be utter shit at it as he is nothing but an utter hypocritical tool. Seriously the only one who is more of a tool than Itachi is his brother.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I love how Sasuke was claiming that his brother would have made the perfect Hokage. Truth is he would be utter shit at it as he is nothing but an utter hypocritical tool. Seriously the only one who is more of a tool than Itachi is his brother.
    Actually, that's not really what he said (though the mangapanda translation was apparently bad with this).

He said his brother Was the real Hokage.

Basically, the Hokage is not the guy with the funny hat. The Hokage is the guy who bears all the hate so people can live in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Actually, that's not really what he said (though the mangapanda translation was apparently bad with this).

He said his brother Was the real Hokage.

Basically, the Hokage is not the guy with the funny hat. The Hokage is the guy who bears all the hate so people can live in peace.
    Ah, I see. Yea I was reading it on mandapanda so that is what I got from it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Being able to take on all the hate so that everyone else can live in peace is a good quality. But it really doesn't make one a leader, hell in Itachi's case it barely makes him a protector.

Sure he stopped the Uchiha rebellion. But so very many bad things came out of that whole mess, and he helped in several of them, directly and indirectly. Hell, a lot of Sasuke's initial issues and crappy descisions comes directly from Itachi screwing him over repeatedly.

Then again, that's just Sasuke' idea of what a Hokage should be. I disagree with it. Doesn't have anything to do with how immensely I dislike Itachi.

I'm actually a bit more annoyed that Sasuke seems to think that he has it all figured out based solely on event that happened in Konoha and that village's history and situation. The other villages don't even matter as more than bits of the world to control. Narrow-minded little git.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Sure he stopped the Uchiha rebellion.
    Best part is that whole thing wasn't even necessary. Danzo told him that the council or w/e said he had to take out the clan. When it truth; no decision or actual order was ever made. If anything there might have been a good chance of a peaceful resolution to the whole ordeal. But instead of questioning the orders of Danzo, and asking the Hokage about it, Itachi, the tool that he is; believes what Danzo says. Despite him being a guy who makes it so obvious that he would do anything to have more power, political or otherwise, and doesn't exactly have a high opinion over the Uchiha.

Seriously, aside from being a tool, Itachi isn't all that bright either.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Well he was always a narrow-minded git, it's one of the few aspects of his character that has never changed. No matter how much he may claim to see the bigger picture, he only looks on through a tube.

Sasuke clearly has no clue what goes on in the rest of the continent. Hell if he had even a little bit of sense, he'd notice that Gaara's dad was more or less the person he was trying to be, and that he saw a version of his own philosophy in Danzo, you know, the dude he was so obsessed with killing, he attacked all five kage at a summit, getting his ass kicked repeatedly?

Really, while you're definitely right about Itachi's role, I feel this stems more from Sasuke's inability to make decisions on actual facts that don't pertain solely to how his clan got persecuted in the past because of their own fuck-ups.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis