Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnight344 View Post
    You know, I had a conversation with someone a couple hours ago who was ranting about how the manga would be so much better if it ended with Sasuke's victory.

I'm probably being way too closed minded about this...but how?
    It wouldn't.

Like, it would be one hell of a depressing end.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    So we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
    Heh, made me smile.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

So we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
    heh, Batman references.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Except he wouldn't be a protector but a moron with too much power for his own good.

What he doesn't realize is that many people would rebel against him. Both within and outside of the village. Conflict will never go away because the people; weak or not, would constantly try to overthrow him. He want's people to focus their hate on him. That hate can and will cause conflict in itself when they constantly try to assassinate him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Actually no, his plan was considerably more idealistic.

Lelouch believed in people's ability to get along once the threat was gone.

Sasuke doesn't.

This is more like Schnitzel's constant Nuke Surveillance.
    I was mostly referring to the whole "take all of the world's hatred upon himself" thing. I agree that Lelouch's plan made much more sense, this is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I was mostly referring to the whole "take all of the world's hatred upon himself" thing. I agree that Lelouch's plan made much more sense, this is just stupid.
    I didn't say it made more sense.

I said it was more idealistic.

Sasuke's plan has a lot of flaws, but it's not really stupid if you have the power to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Except he wouldn't be a protector but a moron with too much power for his own good.

What he doesn't realize is that many people would rebel against him. Both within and outside of the village. Conflict will never go away because the people; weak or not, would constantly try to overthrow him. He want's people to focus their hate on him. That hate can and will cause conflict in itself when they constantly try to assassinate him.
    That's kind of exactly what he wants.

He's not going to be in his office dictating policy.

He's going to be on the run from the rest of the world.

Forever.

They will hate him.

Like hell.

And they will unite against him.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Sasuke's plan has a lot of flaws, but it's not really stupid if you have the power to pull it off.
    Except it is though. He thinks people will somehow be either too afraid or be so unwilling to move against him. When in actuality; fear and hate can create a lot of problems. By making people fear and hate him so much; he would be basically asking them to rebel against him. His mere presence would create conflict and strife. He would be at constant war with the ninja world.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

That's kind of exactly what he wants.

He's not going to be in his office dictating policy.

He's going to be on the run from the rest of the world.

Forever.

They will hate him.

Like hell.

And they will unite against him.
    And that's a problem with the plan.

The world will unite against him and eventually he will lose.

It would take a long time because he is indeed stupid powerful. But sooner or later someone would figure out how to beat him or he just up and dies. Then everything he's worked for crumbles and they'd end up back at square one more or less.

That's what I meant when I compared it to Pain's plan. It's only a temporary solution.

Extraordinary Member

Except it is though. He thinks people will somehow be either too afraid or be so unwilling to move against him. When in actuality; fear and hate can create a lot of problems. By making people fear and hate him so much; he would be basically asking them to rebel against him. His mere presence would create conflict and strife. He would be at constant war with the ninja world.
    Yes but they would be united against him. That's his plan. It's him versus the ninja world and that's what he wants.

Except that there would probably be people who would end up wanting to serve him or even worship him as a god or try to trick him into killing people they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yes but they would be united against him. That's his plan. It's him versus the ninja world and that's what he wants.

Except that there would probably be people who would end up wanting to serve him or even worship him as a god or try to trick him into killing people they don't like.
    Some would probably agree with him and fight for him as well. Meaning people will fight one another as well as him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    at this point, i'm just going through the motions with naruto.
    While I'm liking this more than th Kaguya-nonsense I am not as entirely excited for this fight as I would've been around the time they tore the juubi out of Obito.

He doesn't. He wants them to move against him.

He wants them to be at war with him.

And that's a problem with the plan.

The world will unite against him and eventually he will lose.
    You have a lot more faith in the power of team work than I do is all I can say

Extraordinary Member

You have a lot more faith in the power of team work than I do is all I can say
    More in odds really, but little bit of team work as well.

Sure, Sasuke can keep bullying the entire world on his own for quite some time. But the ninja world is nothing if not resourceful. The odds of somebody extraordinary being born that can come up with a genius way of taking down Sasuke is completely possible. Or the geniuses of the current ninja world pulls it off before then.

Not to mention that I'm not entirely sure Sasuke is ready to deal with the mental and emotional pressure that such a position would bring. He could very well just crack one day and become a raving lunatic. Or he might just want to die at some point.

We'll never know. He's gonna lose this fight.

It's just that forever is long time. I don't think Sasuke would last that long.

He wants people to be at war with him. But there will be those who will agree and side with him, and fight against those who would want him to die. Which would once against create large scale conflict.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

He wants people to be at war with him. But there will be those who will agree and side with him, and fight against those who would want him to die. Which would once against create large scale conflict.
    Meh, he can just kill those

More in odds really, but little bit of team work as well.

Sure, Sasuke can keep bullying the entire world on his own for quite some time. But the ninja world is nothing if not resourceful. The odds of somebody extraordinary being born that can come up with a genius way of taking down Sasuke is completely possible. Or the geniuses of the current ninja world pulls it off before then.

Not to mention that I'm not entirely sure Sasuke is ready to deal with the mental and emotional pressure that such a position would bring. He could very well just crack one day and become a raving lunatic. Or he might just want to die at some point.

We'll never know. He's gonna lose this fight.

It's just that forever is long time. I don't think Sasuke would last that long.
    Fair enough.