Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto

New chapter out.

It was a pretty quick read, which mostly consist of inner monologue from Sasuke. All is "sort of" forgiven with him, seeing that Kakashi (now Hokage) convinced Tsunade to make him a prosthetic arm (Hashirama cells), but Sasuke didn't accept it yet. He left to see the world. But prior, he made peace with Sakura and at the very end, he meets up with Naruto, who then returns his forehead protector. Also, I believe they attended Neji's funeral in this.

I assume Kakashi got his sharingan back? The panel where they see Sasuke off, the mask covered his eye again.

I'd be perfectly fine with the series ending on this note other than what we're seeing with this generation having children and all. But it was cool to see peace for once.

There is also a spin-off mini-series in the making, simply titled "Naruto" as well.
    Last edited by Jay Dogg; 11-06-2014 at 04:43 AM.

And it's out.

Samui is back!

Yeah, that was nice.

Seeing the new generation was also nice. Bolt... he takes a lot after his dad

I'm content.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    And it's out.

Samui is back!

Yeah, that was nice.

Seeing the new generation was also nice. Bolt... he takes a lot after his dad

I'm content.
    So about that link?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    So about that link?
    For the spoilers? Chapter's already so no sense in that. Just check out mangapanda and later mangastream for better translations.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Astonishing Member

While I'm glad it's finally over, things really did end a bit too pat. I think I would have preferred Sasuke actually serve some time THEN travel the world or he should have never been tried at all.

Chapter 700 was a nice epilogue excluding the Sakura/Sasuke pairing. Just ugh!

Also. I was very disappointed that Yamato didn't get to do jack squat in the final confrontation. Feels like a waste.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 11-06-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Just read the final chapter...nice!

NARUHINA WON!

YES!

Ah, that felt nice.

Seriously. I don't even ship them that hard, but I was really worried about a NaruSaku end. I'll take the win happily.

Predictable ending, but mostly satisfying. Almost every major character gets a snippet, although I wish we could have seen a little more of what directly happened after the war. Surely Orochimaru isn't just content to sit back and do nothing.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Happy overall with the ending. Kakashi got to be Hokage but we also get to see Naruto fulfill his dream as the seventh hokage.

Naruto stopping his kid from continuing his pranks on the Hokage wall was a nice scene and showed how much Naruto has matured.

Kiba x Tamaki? Didn't see that one coming. But Dog guy and Cat girl, so, fun combo.

So Darui, the Lava-style girl, and the Mist Swordsmen all became the next Kages of their villages. Gaara is still kazekage. Looks like the world has maintained peace for at least a decade or so.

Sasuke's monologue in the penultimate chapter helps, though its hard not to feel like he's pulling some karma houdini here. Even the whole 'isolation and personal journey as redemption' thing loses a bit of its edge when it turns into a bit of deadbeat dad in chapter 700. Who knows how often he stops by to see her I guess, but that's part of the reason why the whole Sasuke and Sakura still getting together thing irks me. It looks like their daughter is going to end up being some unholy combo of stalker and tsundere for Naruto's son.

Glad he didn't just forget Yamato and Samui, though for Yamato in particular it seems like he got the short end of the stick to have no role in both concluding chapters except one panel to show that he survived the war.

InoxSai still weirds me out a bit. Ino is still the hawtness though, so...good going Sai, I guess?

Little dissapointed that there was no word on Orochimaru or Kabuto. Probably the biggest unresolved quetion we have at the end of the manga. I had heard from earlier spoilers that Orochimaru decided to let himself die naturally in between 699 and 700, and was sort of satisfied with that idea, but I didn't see it in the actual chapter.

Ha, didn't notice at first that one of the things Bolt drew on Naruto's Hokage sculpture was the Staw Hat Pirate Logo.

Also, didn't notice at first that Konoha now has a modern looking urban city behind the Kage Wall.

BANNED

Yeah and Naruto has a Laptop.

I think its implied Orochimaruo or Kabuto stalking Sasuke.

Doesn't it end on Monday?

Extraordinary Member

As final chapters go this was alright. Nothing overly spectacular but alright.

Sasuke's narration was really nice and it is good to see that he's matured enough to actually go out and see the world for himself. But still, it does indeed feel like he's done a karam houdini and there're a few too many unfortunate implications regarding his and Sakura's relationship. But that was always going to be really weird and awkward.

Why the hell was Kakashi made Hokage again? Did Tsunade have any reason to give it up? Weird.

Shippings.

NaruHina won! Good for you Hinata you wonderful lady. And they got cute kids together.
    SaIno, I totally called like way back. It was there, not a lot but it was there.
    TemaShika. Like anybody was actually surprised by this. Good to see it confirmed though.
    ChoujiKauri. ...ok. Random. And disappointing because fan art has made me partial to KibaKarui. Oh well, can't win them all.

The ending narration mirroring the opening of the series and the new Gokage meeting up under peaceful circumstances are really nice and just brings a smile to your face. They really did change the world, enough that it is entering new ages of technology. Naruto is using a laptop!

Also, digging Bolt's Strawhat pirate flag drawing. And for those that don't read One Piece, Ruffy is totally eating dinner with Naruto on this week's cover, basically congratulating him on an excellent series.

And overall, yeah. It's been pretty excellent. So many great characters that really developed over the years and an epic engaging story that has made me laugh, cry, cheer, grumble in frustration and think a bit deeper about certain things than other series do. It's been a mile stone series and for the most part I've really enjoyed it. Great work Kishimoto-san.

And that's it. Naruto is over.

Naruto is over.

Weird.

I mean, we've got the Last movie and the shorts about the kids, but still. It's gonna feel a bit weird without new Naruto chapters to read each week.

NARUHINA WON! *starts a dance party*
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-06-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Negima, Needless, Sora no Otoshimono...and Bleach isn't long for this world (relatively). Seems like so much stuff I was reading has ended in just the last few years or so.

Ultimate Member

You know, I really like Hinata and her love for Naruto was her big character motivation. So it's nice to see her get what she wanted in the end. Still, picturing those two doing the dance with no pants, and Naruto as a dad, is kind of weird. Not bad, but weird. Seriously, Naruto's a father, Sasuke is a father (that's even weirder).