Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto

Extraordinary Member

Oh goody.

She's a generic blob of evil.

Yeay.

Seriously, if the series wasn't so close to the end I might actually just give it up right now.

There is no way that could really be the end of Madara can it. After all that buildup? I mean I hated the guy because he was such a troll but surely he deserved better than that?
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to be honest, this manga makes me afraid of plants. They scare me...

And I like Kaguya. Technically, she's been around since Zetsu was scene. LOL I like recons.

So funny thing:

'Hagoromo' (羽衣) literally means 'feather mantle' and is a reference to The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, in which Princess Kaguya is given a hagoromo to wear upon her return to the moon. The surname 'Ōtsutsuki' (大筒木) roughly means 'big bamboo tree' and is derived from an obscure passage in the second volume of the Kojiki about the genealogies of Emperor Suinin, eleventh emperor of Japan, which states that he had a consort named Kaguyahime no Mikoto (迦具夜比売命), the daughter of a king named Ōtsutsukitarine no Miko (大筒木垂根王); tradition holds that these individuals served as the basis for Princess Kaguya and the old bamboo cutter in the aforementioned tale.

Anyone remember when did we get the Sage of Six Paths name?

Edit: and found it, chapter 646.

Which is also the first mention of Kaguya.

Sidenote, according to the ancient tablet-like drawings Kaguya already had horns before eating the fruit.
    Last edited by Hazard; 06-06-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

And things continue.

Kaguya seems to have teleported them all, possibly to a different dimension. I'm hoping it's a different planet

Sasuke is still an ass.

Also, my mind flashed back to Abridged Nappa for a moment there. "I can fly!"
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Oh goody.

She's a generic blob of evil.

Yeay.

Seriously, if the series wasn't so close to the end I might actually just give it up right now.
    How did you come to that conclusion without knowing much about her objective?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-13-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion without knowing much about her objective?
    Because we don't know much about her. So based on what we do know and have been told, she's a generic blob of evil.

Maybe she'll turn out to be more than that later on. But for now she's a generic blob of evil and has so far done nothing to prove otherwise.

BANNED

Perhaps my 2nd favorite anime series ( I love Prince of Tennis ), I really like Naruto because there are a lot of interesting characters with interesting skills. My favorite will always be Shino Aburame.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Good lord...

So years and years of plot twists and revelations building on one another.

And in one chapter: nope, Black Zetsu did it all!

Somewhere I think Aizen is shaking his head going "you've gotta be kidding me."

Extraordinary Member

Meh.

That is my feelings about the series at this point.

Meh.

Astonishing Member

Black Zetsu really undercuts everything that has come before.

I like this.

Mainly, because it explains a hell lot of things.

Especially that damn tablet.

Also, time delayed Izanagi is awesome. And pretty damn clever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Good lord...

So years and years of plot twists and revelations building on one another.

And in one chapter: nope, Black Zetsu did it all!

Somewhere I think Aizen is shaking his head going "you've gotta be kidding me."
    Thing is, this isn't Aizen style super planning. This is a really damn old guy spending the entirety of recorded human history trying to make something happen and finally managing to get it done

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Thing is, this isn't Aizen style super planning. This is a really damn old guy spending the entirety of recorded human history trying to make something happen and finally managing to get it done
    Pretty much. When you think of it, Black Zetsu didn't do all that much. He influenced things, but it took a long time to get the desired result.

I miss pre-shippuden Naruto, the story was concise and the powers weren't too strong that it becomes generic. The fighting used to be more strategical and now it's all about who has the coolest biggest jutsu. A part of me will be sad when this ends, but the series took a serious drop in creativity after part 1.