Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto

BANNED

I like Dargonball, One Piece, Prince of Tennis, Eyeshield 21, etc bu my favorite of all is Naruto.

"Screw you Kakashi. Get your own death scene."

Sidenote, I like how Naruto is fighting in this battle.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

I am honestly hoping that Obito gives Kakahi both of his eyes after his death. Which reminds me..how did Obito get his other Sharingan back? I thought Madara stole it from Kakashi? What did he take Obito's eye then give his old eye back to him? Why the **** would you do that for an enemy?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I am honestly hoping that Obito gives Kakahi both of his eyes after his death. Which reminds me..how did Obito get his other Sharingan back? I thought Madara stole it from Kakashi? What did he take Obito's eye then give his old eye back to him? Why the **** would you do that for an enemy?
    Naruto's super healing powers gave him his original eye back.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "Screw you Kakashi. Get your own death scene."

Sidenote, I like how Naruto is fighting in this battle.
    LOL I feel bad for Kakashi here. Sakura is more useful here. She can at least heal Sasuke and Naruto. But I know Kakashi will get his time to shine! Hopefully...

Seriously, he looks like he just wants to die...
    Naruto's super healing powers gave him his original eye back.
    Thank you! That was confusing me...

Sakura has lots of flaws because that's her character type. She's the human one. Kishimoto has noted it once. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, her character development through the entire manga is pretty solid.

As for her getting saved, she's far from being the only one. Naruto and Sasuke have gotten saved a bunch of times.

I mean, Sakura's gotten saved, like what? Once in the Gaara fight, once in the Sasuke fight, and few times during the war arc against an enemy beyond everyone else but the two demi-gods.

That's pretty much it.

The problem is Kishimoto doesn't pull punches. That's not a writing problem, but it messes with the reader's expectations. As much as Naruto is a Shounen Jump manga, wanting things really bad is never enough to win. The Rescue Sasuke arc is testament to that.

People expect characters to grow in a certain way and Kishimoto rarely goes along with those expectations.

For example, many people have the idea that Sakura "got left behind" but the fact is even in the databooks her "Latent Potential" score was never as high as that of Naruto and Sasuke (Amusingly enough the only character with a Latent Potential as high as those two is Haku). It's just that since she's part of the trio the expectation that she "should be as strong as them" exists.

This is a combination of two things or maybe three.

Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke go through a lot of **** together. Life and death situations. That makes people bond like nothing else. These guys have saved each other's butts as least once each.

Then there's other little moments. Even during the Bell test there is a scene where Sakura tells Sasuke, "Hey, let's quit. There's always another chance. This guy is too strong."

Sasuke flat out refuses her and Sakura goes, "Oh the whole 'someone I have to kill' DOES actually matter of lot to him". Not a true love scene even remotely but Sakura does begin to understand him a bit more here.

Now another factor enters here, we don't see the downtime. Kishimoto is rushed by his editors sometimes and its shows in the time between missions. Ninja in Naruto don't go right from one mission to the next. There is downtime. There are times when they just hang around in the village.

The "Road to Ninja" oneshot is one of the few times Kishimoto got a chance to draw these guys bonding as friends, but that's happening behind the scenes most of the time.

In between the Bell Test and the Zabuza arc, the team goes through many D rank missions. And after that, the team also goes through more missions enough for Sakura to go "Well, these two have been awkward lately".

It's there but not there; so you just kind of have to nod along and go "yeah, there's totally bonding in between chapters".

Gaara and Naruto are much easier to explain.

They are really lonely people that understand each other like very few people are able to. Sometimes you don't need more than that.
    I know this is a late response, but I wanted to tell you that I appreciate you taking the time out to discuss some of these points with me. You make some very good points and have changed my mind on certain things. I know I probably came across a bit irritable (and douchey), and for that I apologize. Sakura is my favorite character, as hard as that may be to believe, so in a weird way I'm extra tough on her than I am the other characters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought today's chapter was pretty good. R.I.P. Obito...again.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

And he's dead.

He was a tragic character. I'm sad for him.

Oh well, at least he got a happy end. Kind of.

Extraordinary Member

And he's dead.

He was a tragic character. I'm sad for him.

Oh well, at least he got a happy end. Kind of.
    As bad as he was, and given how many awful things he did, you do feel bad for Obito. If only he had died then, or if things had been just a bit different, but nope.

Extraordinary Member

I don't feel bad for Obito.

He did horrible things for selfish reasons.

Last minute heroics are nice but it ain't gonna change my mind.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

You should not feel bad for Obito in spite of him doing horrible things.

You should feel bad exactly because he did all those horrible things in the first place. His death is not tragic because he is dead. It is tragic because everything else he did.

Also, they really weren't selfish reasons.

He genuinely had good intentions, if bad role models.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I don't feel bad for Obito.

He did horrible things for selfish reasons.

Last minute heroics are nice but it ain't gonna change my mind.
    Seconded. Guy pulls all of this horrible crap throughout the series and gets rewarded for it in the afterlife because he's an Uchiha.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Kakashi is back with both sharingans.

Sasuke "What? Impossible! This can't be!"

Awesome chapter.

Honestly, the sheer potential in Obito's eyes makes me wish to see what would have happened if he never "died" in that cave.

Thought this was a nice end to Obito's story. Watching his evolution from the kid with dreams of being Hokage to the guy Madara molded into his stooge to finding hope again via Jesus (Naruto) was pretty powerful stuff even if it was not always well written. I don't feel bad for Obito. I feel bad for the archetype he represented. His story is symbolic of the darkness inherent in all of us that can turn a good person to evil if the right buttons are pushed. While many of us may experience loss in our lives, none of us do so in a world where we can attain awesome power to lash out at the world. Power corrupts and absolutely power corrupts absolutely especially when it is preceded by loss and the perception that the world is unjust.

Oh and Kakashi of the Sharingan is the ****!
    Last edited by remydat; 08-17-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Flawless Victory!

Teamwork!