Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto

Naruto really deteriorated since the timeskip, pre shippuden Naruto had a unique way of fighting it was more strategic than other shonen, and it had a nice concise story. Now it is all which jutsu is the biggest strongest and flashiest and the focus changed from the rookie 7 and the journey of Naruto becoming Hokage to just Naruto trying to rescue Sasuke. It's sad, but it has gotten to point where I won't miss it or be upset when it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Naruto really deteriorated since the timeskip, pre shippuden Naruto had a unique way of fighting it was more strategic than other shonen, and it had a nice concise story. Now it is all which jutsu is the biggest strongest and flashiest and the focus changed from the rookie 7 and the journey of Naruto becoming Hokage to just Naruto trying to rescue Sasuke. It's sad, but it has gotten to point where I won't miss it or be upset when it ends.
    I agree wholeheartedly, although I thought the end of the Pain arc would've been a fitting end to the series, even if Naruto didn't become Hokage or reunite with Sasuke. The whole "him finally being acknowledged and accepted" would have been more fulfilling for me. The series became too much like Dragon Ball Z with everyone pulling all of these upgrades out of their asses. And it was just a tad silly. Madara should have never came back, and I feel the same about the kage.

Wow, I can't believe it's come to this. This is on some Happy Days Jumping the Shark ****. I mean I got a call from my brother asking me if I had read the chapter yet and when I told him no, he warned me and told me to not bother. Of course, I couldn't resit after hearing that and now I am just thinking about all the time I wasted on this series.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Wow, I can't believe it's come to this. This is on some Happy Days Jumping the Shark ****. I mean I got a call from my brother asking me if I had read the chapter yet and when I told him no, he warned me and told me to not bother. Of course, I couldn't resit after hearing that and now I am just thinking about all the time I wasted on this series.
    And just what is wrong? What; did you want them to lose or something?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Honestly? While not much goes on in this chapter, it is something that needed to happen.

Because this wasn't about Kaguya. This was about Zetsu, the metaphorical fly in the soup that is the ninja history.

There are still some things that need to wrap up and the movie, but at least this part is done.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    And just what is wrong? What; did you want them to lose or something?
    I wanted something that didn't feel like Kishi gave his 12 year old son the art and told him to write the manga. Unless this is one big troll job by Madara and these guys have been in the Infinite Tsukoyomi since Kaguya appeared, this whole diversion is the worst WTF moment I can think of in fiction. You don't get rid of the big bad that was kicking everyone's ass and looked unstoppable by having him defeated by some lame ass character in less than an issue and replaced by said character in the final chapters of the book.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

New chapter is out. Not much action, but it was pretty powerful with it being Naruto's 17th birthday and him saying goodbye to Minato and the other kage for the final time. Kakashi's back to normal (no sharingan), Madara dropped dead before he finished making his peace with Hashirama, and Sasuke stood there the entire time and said nothing. Maybe this is end of Kaguya. However, they didn't say anything about ending the infinite tsukuyomi yet, so I'm guessing that's going to be their last big mission before Naruto and Sasuke's issues are resolved. We were promised one more fight between them. Kurama giving Naruto the middle finger because he embarrassed him for calling him out in front of everyone was funny.

Overall, I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Jay Dogg; 09-04-2014 at 04:51 AM.

I had some Whitney Houston song playing in the background for some reason as I read this chapter and I almost cried. I'm curious to see how this all ends.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Man, this was nice.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Extraordinary Member

So Madara is dead. Just like that? That is horribly unsatisfying and boring.

The good bye scene between Naruto and Minato was nice though.

So. Who's gonna wave their hand or whatever and undo the eternal tsukuyomi?

...seriously. None of the heroes get to beat the crap out of Madara? Blegh. I'mma go read the final parts of Soul Eater for a good final battle.

I lol'd at the one kage who said that seeing the sage of the 6 paths was like a fairy tale. Seriously, you're a friggin zombie and THAT'S a fairy tale?

Was annoyed as **** that Kakashi ended up losing his Sharingan :/.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Obito needed to go see Rin

I'm happy about Madara. If battle had started again people would just complain about it.

This was a fitting end for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I'm happy about Madara. If battle had started again people would just complain about it.

This was a fitting end for him.
    Then Kaguya shouldn't have been brought into this whole thing begin with, or at least she should've stayed a voice in Madara's head.

Because everything about Kaguya sucked. She was a pointless, uninteresting and unengaging mess of a character who came from almost out of nowhere, I'll grant that she was set up before being unleashed with that one mentioning of her in that one chapter (plenty to have her replace the series big bad and for the readers to completely enthralled by her).

Kushina was not so much pointless as she was rushed.

She did serve a point. Well, not her. Black Zetsu did.

If Madara and Obito represented the bitterness generated by the system, then Zetsu is the initial bug that send the snowball tumbling down.

In any case, Madara was never going to be the guy who got talked into being good. Even now, he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Obito needed to go see Rin
    He could have done it without taking the eyes with him. Seriously who did he think will need it more? A dead man or a guy who is still in his prime and might be a Hokage someday?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral