Incredible Member

Default Rorschach vs. Niteowl

Either comic or movie mersions. Rorschach and Niteowl were allies but they went through quite a rift for a long time before they renewed their partnership to take on Ozymandias, who proved that he was a match in combat for either of them or even both of them at once. But what if things had gone another way and their rift had led to them throwing down and fighting each other? Who was the better fighter?

Personally, I think that if they had ever lost their tempers and let that happen they would have absolutely beaten the crap out of each other to an epic level, and come to a draw. Standing there beaten and bloody, they would have finally come to their senses and said, "Jesus Christ, let's go get a drink or something." (Though Rorschach would have insisted that it be non-alcoholic.)

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Hand to Hand probably Rorschach. With his stuff, Nite Owl has that laser thing he tried to use on Ozy.

Rorschach probably edges it out. Nite Owl seemed stronger, but Rorschach seemed tougher and seemed to be a more ingenius fighter. Hand to hand anyways, if Nite Owl starts using his tech, like that laser, early on, then that likely changes this to a Nite Owl victory.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Standard Khazan battle? Niteowl had some kind of laser, which at the very least, has a greater effective range than Rorschach's grapple gun, which was only usable as a weapon from a few feet away. Equipment win for Niteowl.

If they're fighting in close quarters, yeah sheer psychotic aggressiveness probably wins it for Rorschach.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Incredible Member

They are friends who would end up fighting, with respect for each other, so I kind of think Niteowl would hesitate to use his laser and Rorschach would decline to use his grapple gun to do to Dan what he did to that one cop he almost killed with it. So I guess I'm thinking of this as a strictly unarmed fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    They are friends who would end up fighting, with respect for each other, so I kind of think Niteowl would hesitate to use his laser and Rorschach would decline to use his grapple gun to do to Dan what he did to that one cop he almost killed with it. So I guess I'm thinking of this as a strictly unarmed fight.
    You definitely need to specify that in the Op, otherwise, bloodlust is automatically on.

If we are going with what they were by the time of the events of Watchmen as opposed to what Niteowl had once been, I'd give it to Rorschach hand to hand. By that time, Niteowl was out of shape by his standards while Rorschach was still very active and probably had better hth feats.