Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Movie Betsy needs to have the big mane of hair. There also has to be the Butterfly effects of using her powers.

Wait, what? We might actually get the proper sexeh costume?

Actually, now that I think about it, I guess that's not necessarily a surprise, considering Mystique's essentially been walking around practically nekkid for most of the franchise. But still, I just assumed we'd end up with Betsy's new Captain Marvel'ed look, rather than something closer to her more iconic and all round better costume.

They best not be teasin'!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    While I agree she doesn't look the part, the whole 'want the page come to life' thing and all, this is too close to arguing over 'how Asian does an Asian actress have to look to play an Asian' to me. To put another spin on it, if it was for a black character, few would feel comfortable arguing if a black actor looked 'black enough' for the part.
    Kinda like whats happening in Japan with a half black/half Japanese model, that some people think isn't japanese enough, even if she was born there.. Humans are stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Well thanks for chiming in to let the world know that you don't think a half Asian woman is half Asian enough for your standards of Asian-ness.

Also, christ, she looks completely half Asian.
    Agreed again

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Exactly, thank you.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Unlikely. He didn't originate in X-Men or an X-Men related book. Psylocke was an import from his stories. Also tangential: We got Captain Britain action figures in the Captain America: First Avenger toy line.

At best, he might be like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch: Able to be used by both.
    I was hoping she'd be the same way. But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Good. Now if only the comics would do the same and put her back in her real body.
    Agreed...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

Ok I will say that whilst I would have gone with a more Asian actress, she does seem to have the hair down for Betsy pretty well (long as she gets it more purple anyway).

...I dunno, maybe I am being petty about it, maybe she'll be amazing, but I'm not feeling it right now. Is this feeling what fans were like when they announced Keaton as Batman? This might be the first time I've felt this way about a casting in a while.

As a fan of White betsy, Munn can pull it off. As a somewhat fan of Eurasian Betsy I hope she can pull it off. But her looks let her go either way. This is probably an attempt to also please fans of either body. She still has many many fans of her white body. She has many many fans of the asian look also. Marvel has been over the last few years, hinting that she may be returning to her original body. Even her current writer Wilson is looking into setting things right. So Munn fits it either way.
    I speak 4 languages, and and a big black guy who has lived in japan for 5 years. I'm more japanese than japanese people I know from the states, many of which can't speak Japanese.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to see some form of either the Alan Davis outfit with the puffy sleeves and big hair, or the Marc Silvestri outfit which was more armored with a cape and hood. I'm not hung up on the ninja outfit. I wonder will this Betsy be British?

Side note- I guess Brian/Capt. Britain will be ignored, or does Marvel/Disney own him?
    Armoured is my favorite, pink second. hate the silly thong. But Munn could go either in the film..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    By the same logic "the majority of readers" think of Rogue from the Animated Series NOT original Rogue, which is what we got in the film. The films don't have to be faithful or identical to the comics; and the ignorance on "the majority" of Psylocke's history isn't justification for their claims. It merely shows they are commenting on a character they actually, deep down, don't know anything about.

THIS!
    Standing ovation....Many Psylocke fans have no clue who she is in the books. AND they don't realize books aint the movies..

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    You do know Psylocke is white British originally... right? Though that's beside the point, Olivia IS PART ASIAN!!!! The only people "white washing" her ethnicity are the ones calling her "not Asian enough".
    Exactly....

Quote Originally Posted by MontyCristo View Post
    I usually just lurk and don't have an opinion about much around here but for some reason this got a strong reaction out of me hearing this casting news. As a minority myself it's a bit disturbing seeing Hollywood cast the least ethnic looking women for superhero roles. Between Olivia Munn and that girl who got cast for a young storm, Hollywood seems to want to whitewash ethnic women ie "not too dark" "not too Asian". I can't be the only one noticing this.

Psylocke is a white woman...... She's inhabiting a mixed race body. she is not ethnically or culturally Japanese.

BANNED

I doubt FOX even has her costume ironed out yet. I posted those same pics in other threads. It seems like Munn is just doing research, and wanted to wear something sexy. I don't think even FOX is gonna use that silly thong, and I liek thongs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I doubt FOX even has her costume ironed out yet. I posted those same pics in other threads. It seems like Munn is just doing research, and wanted to wear something sexy. I don't think even FOX is gonna use that silly thong, and I liek thongs.
    Yeah, I think those pics are most likely Munn having a bit of teasing fun with fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Kinda like whats happening in Japan with a half black/half Japanese model, that some people think isn't japanese enough, even if she was born there.. Humans are stupid..
    I haven't heard of this, source/name of model?
    And yes, humans are stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I haven't heard of this, source/name of model?
    And yes, humans are stupid.
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/communit...se-japan-half/

Thanks. Miss Universe Japan huh? Yeah, I don't see a problem with her either.