BANNED

Default Something I wanted to share for giggles

"Tic-Tac Toe... blotches... and doodling!!"

No one writes Superman like Siegel, easily the best. And no one draws Superman like Wayne Boring, very entertaining.
    Last edited by Cypher; 04-13-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Jerry Siegel always goes in for the joke if he can- sometimes to the detriment of internal logic. I'm not certain that Superman wouldn't have seen the doodles already with his super-vision.

That said, his jokes were usually funny- as this is! What an absurd situation! It's great!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post

"Tic-Tac Toe... blotches... and doodling!!"

No one writes Superman like Siegel, easily the best. And no one draws Superman like Wayne Boring, very entertaining.
    Where is this from originally? What issue or strip? I've not seen this before.

Astonishing Member

His hand must be huge to enclose all the way around the guys neck like that. I do love me some Siegel written Superman though.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member

I was hoping for the more Siler Age approach where Superman would have kept posing for the painting while finding a way to get the "painter" and his gang to outwit themselves. The last two panels while justified seemed to ironically prove Superman was more muscle than brains just like the fraudulent painter said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Jerry Siegel always goes in for the joke if he can- sometimes to the detriment of internal logic. I'm not certain that Superman wouldn't have seen the doodles already with his super-vision.

That said, his jokes were usually funny- as this is! What an absurd situation! It's great!
    I'd like to think a little naivety would be in order, usually people who spend time being nice for others don't always assume someones out to get them.

His expression followed by the the actual doodling is the most hilarious thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Where is this from originally? What issue or strip? I've not seen this before.
    Its from the 1947 year of the daily newspaper strips.

The stories were a little more engaging than the books. In one story a child gets shot by thugs. This is also what landed Boring on the comic books, the demand for his artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    His hand must be huge to enclose all the way around the guys neck like that. I do love me some Siegel written Superman though.
    Im thinking it has to do more with that funny long scrawny neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Out of respect for the artist, he didn't use his super-vision.

As part of the plan, the covering was nabbed from a local hospital's x-ray department...

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Im thinking it has to do more with that funny long scrawny neck.
    What he said

His expression followed by the the actual doodling is the most hilarious thing ever.
    It needs to become a wtf-meme!