Page 208 of 218 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3263
    Amazing Member

Bucky appeared in the latest issue of Punisher again, and it appears that he may be a supporting character in the rebooted Punisher series coming out next month.

If true, it'll be interesting to see how differently he'll be handled by Coates vs Rosenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by disillusion386 View Post
    If true, it'll be interesting to see how differently he'll be handled by Coates vs Rosenberg.
    Those two didn't get along very well during Original Sin. Bucky roasted the **** out of Frank over his kids.

Hey guys... looking to pick up some good trades featuring Bucky/Winter Soldier. I got all of Brubaker's Cap and Winter Soldier runs in ultimate collections. Anything else in particular I should look out for?

Amazing Member

Those are the definitive runs. Bucky was kind of thrown under the bus around the time Brubaker left, and his story lines have been all over the place. You can try to read Original Sin to see where he ends up, and the follow up series like Ales Kot's Winter Soldier run (never read it but I heard it was weird) and Thunderbolts where Bucky was the leader (I did not enjoy that one too much personally). He's also sprinkled in Marvel events here and there too.

Most recently, he was in Rosenberg's Tales of Suspense which was awesome, but you might want a bit of background before jumping into that 5 issue mini.

Oh yeah I picked up Tales of Suspense.. I've been following Hawkeye for some time now too. That mini is what made me want to go back and read more Winter Soldier. Glad he's appearing in Captain America and Punisher too.. two books I'm also reading

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Hey guys... looking to pick up some good trades featuring Bucky/Winter Soldier. I got all of Brubaker's Cap and Winter Soldier runs in ultimate collections. Anything else in particular I should look out for?
    I didn't read it through the Ultimate Collections, but make sure and double check that you're getting everything, since I believe that the Ultimate Collections of Captain America only cover up to a certain point, with the rest either available as TPBs or in different omnibus collections.
    (Of course, there's always Marvel Unlimited, but you would need to consult a reading order if you used that, since Brubaker's Cap is split up between so many renumberings and one-shots and miniseries and relaunches.)

If you're looking for stuff outside of the Brubaker oeuvre, the TPB "The Electric Ghost" directly follows from Brubaker's Winter Soldier. The recent Tales of Suspense mini with Hawkeye was good, but from the looks of your avatar you've already checked it out . I personally like All-New Invaders by Robinson, but Bucky's role in that isn't super meaty and it's definitely more for fans of the Invaders and the WW2 stuff in general, and I don't know how many other people enjoyed it. I think there was another decent team-up from when he was still Cap, but I can't exactly remember the name.

There's a bunch besides that, like a mini by Remender and another ongoing run by Ales Kot. I didn't like either of them that much, but you can look into those to see if they interest you. He also was the focal character in the most recent stretch of Thunderbolts, but that book has such profoundly awful art that it was hard to sit through, and it was horribly hamstrung by being forced to tie into Spencer's Secret Empire saga the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I didn't read it through the Ultimate Collections, but make sure and double check that you're getting everything, since I believe that the Ultimate Collections of Captain America only cover up to a certain point, with the rest either available as TPBs or in different omnibus collections.
    (Of course, there's always Marvel Unlimited, but you would need to consult a reading order if you used that, since Brubaker's Cap is split up between so many renumberings and one-shots and miniseries and relaunches.)

If you're looking for stuff outside of the Brubaker oeuvre, the TPB "The Electric Ghost" directly follows from Brubaker's Winter Soldier. The recent Tales of Suspense mini with Hawkeye was good, but from the looks of your avatar you've already checked it out . I personally like All-New Invaders by Robinson, but Bucky's role in that isn't super meaty and it's definitely more for fans of the Invaders and the WW2 stuff in general, and I don't know how many other people enjoyed it. I think there was another decent team-up from when he was still Cap, but I can't exactly remember the name.

There's a bunch besides that, like a mini by Remender and another ongoing run by Ales Kot. I didn't like either of them that much, but you can look into those to see if they interest you. He also was the focal character in the most recent stretch of Thunderbolts, but that book has such profoundly awful art that it was hard to sit through, and it was horribly hamstrung by being forced to tie into Spencer's Secret Empire saga the whole way through.
    Thank you! I've seen the mini by Remender and ongoing by Kot.. I'll flip through them next time I go to my LCS to see if they interest me. I'll be sure to find The Electric Ghost as well. And yes Loved Tales of Suspense very much. One of my favorite books of the year.

Amazing Member

Agreed with responsabre, there are a ton of Bucky stories that may not be included in the Brubaker ultimate collections. Basically, you'd want Brubaker's entire Cap run (2004-2011) #1 to #50 (#25 onward are basically Bucky stories). It then gets renumbered after #50 so #600 to #624. Then #625 to #628 still technically has Brubaker, but they're co-written by James Ausmus.

A really good one-shot is Winter Soldier Winter Kills, which is set around the time of the first Civil War event. There was also a mini-series called Captain America Reborn that features BuckyCap.

EDIT: Oh and Fear Itself (#3 & 4) and Fear Itself 7.1 shows where Bucky moves from the Captain America series to the Winter Soldier series.
    Last edited by disillusion386; 08-20-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Thank you! I've seen the mini by Remender and ongoing by Kot.. I'll flip through them next time I go to my LCS to see if they interest me. I'll be sure to find The Electric Ghost as well. And yes Loved Tales of Suspense very much. One of my favorite books of the year.
    Eletric Ghost os the best Winter Soldier tale after Brubaker. IMO.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Agreed with responsabre, there are a ton of Bucky stories that may not be included in the Brubaker ultimate collections. Basically, you'd want Brubaker's entire Cap run (2004-2011) #1 to #50 (#25 onward are basically Bucky stories). It then gets renumbered after #50 so #600 to #624. Then #625 to #628 still technically has Brubaker, but they're co-written by James Ausmus.

A really good one-shot is Winter Soldier Winter Kills, which is set around the time of the first Civil War event. There was also a mini-series called Captain America Reborn that features BuckyCap.

EDIT: Oh and Fear Itself (#3 & 4) and Fear Itself 7.1 shows where Bucky moves from the Captain America series to the Winter Soldier series.
    Thanks for this. I think the ultimate collections stop before the renumbering to #600.. so I'll look for those individual trades as well

When I'm playing Marvel Strike Force, and Frank is on-screen, I have Bucky gun him down first.

0DF68C76-7229-4C7F-8515-81DA95362FF4.jpg

WS Winter Kills ... great suggestion!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Bucky appeared in Old Man Hawkeye #8 today in case anyone here cares. Fair warning, it's the same Wasteland/Universe as in Old Man Logan so don't expect the overly heroic stuff.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

No appearance in Punisher #1 though.. but I fully expect him to show up again at some point.