Page 30 of 218 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Forget if the solicit for #3 was posted or not. Took me a while to find. Doesn't look like Marvel is giving this title the time of day.

Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier #3

“WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU’RE DONE?”
    • Winter Soldier meets his match. In fact, he meets two.
    • Mer’z’bow is a planet of many surprises -- amongst them telepathy, romance, and space drugs.
    • Fast forward two hundred years: what happens when the job is done? The answer will reveal to you the Marvel Universe as YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Same here. I want to see the movie Winter Soldier. Leave the "space stuff" for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Michael Lark did a very cool short haired WS...
    Quoted for the truth...when this angle was announced I still think, what for? They've got Guardians and many untapped cosmic characters.

While I prefer the long hair myself, Lark was fantastic. Guice was good too
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    Quoted for the truth...when this angle was announced I still think, what for? They've got Guardians and many untapped cosmic characters.

While I prefer the long hair myself, Lark was fantastic. Guice was good too
    That may have been the inspiration behind the direction. GOTG just came off a movie on the heels of Cap 2. Marvel might've thought they were hitting two birds with one stone with this direction. Resonated with some, others not so much.

Once again Bucky's appearance in All-New Invaders was a breath of fresh air in a story that was starting to drag. I think Marvel has a lot of people that have ideas for Winter Soldier, but no concrete plan for his integration back into the stories so they let him have his isolated piece of the cosmic universe. This way he doesn't completely fade away before they bring him back, and he can stay "dead" to avoid the problems that come with his past.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Forget if the solicit for #3 was posted or not. Took me a while to find. Doesn't look like Marvel is giving this title the time of day.

• Mer’z’bow is a planet of many surprises -- amongst them telepathy, romance, and space drugs.
    • Fast forward two hundred years: what happens when the job is done? The answer will reveal to you the Marvel Universe as YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE!
    Thanks for the post. I'm enjoying the current series, so far...

Thanks for posting this, this variant looks sweet, I think I'm going to buy it if my LCS can get one. I'm actually really excited to see what's going on on MerZBow. Not sure how I feel about "telepathy, romance and space drugs" though. I just wish they weren't making us wait so long for it. The site says it doesn't come out until the 24th of December, that's a really long time to make us wait between issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I dropped Invaders after, like, the second issue. I think I would rather Bucky not be in a team book unless it's something like Secret Avengers. Those super hero books don't fit the character, imo. Maybe that's just me...
    Yes, I think characters like Winter Soldier work best alone or in pairs. In a team setting he tends to get pushed to the side a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Ivy View Post
    Did you also have the same problem when he was in New Avengers? I'm curious.
    I actually really like Bucky in New Avengers. I have a lot of grievances with the writing, but I think Bucky is an extremely dynamic character and he would be able to both work in the shadows and lead a team with equal effectiveness. I wish there was a way they could do the whole thing over again with a better writer though. I usually like Bendis's writing a lot but he kind of let me down with Bucky in his Avengers run. He wrote him as basically a more quiet Steve with a cooler suit.

It's different, but I'm not against it. So far it's at least been interesting and I'm kinda just happy to have a WS ongoing again...
    For real! I really seem to like the direction this series is going in but that could be because I'm so stoked for a new Winter Soldier series.

Depending on how it goes with Bucky and Widow's books going forward, I would like to see a team-up series. Nick Spencer would be my choice, but I woudn't hate Edmonson, either...

I think I'm in the minority when I say Bucky and Natasha should be kept far away from each other. Marvel's made it clear they are not pursuing a relationship with the two and I think anything less would just be a watered down dynamic of what could've been. I recall the issue of Black Widow where Bucky was in and it felt exactly like that. It just isn't the same.

*is hit with brick*

I think I'm in the minority when I say Bucky and Natasha should be kept far away from each other.
    HUNT YOU DOWN.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Sorry! LOL I just think that if writers aren't going to keep them in a relationship, they shouldn't substitute it with something less. Poor Bucky would have to constantly look at her and know she feels nothing.

Poor Bucky would have to constantly look at her and know she feels nothing.
    It just adds to his suffering. I think it makes him a more interesting character, but maybe that's just me...

I liked Bucky and Natasha's relationship a lot when Brubaker was writing it because it made sense at the time but I feel like both characters have evolved since then and I'm starting to be more open minded about maybe seeing Bucky and Daisy in a relationship (waaaaaaaaay into the future of course). Of course, I'm more interested in seeing Bucky's working relationships. I hope Kot makes an effort to have more characters make appearances in this series like Edmonson is doing in his Black Widow series.

Quote Originally Posted by super-turtle View Post
    I hope Kot makes an effort to have more characters make appearances in this series like Edmonson is doing in his Black Widow series.
    You and me both. I wouldn't mind seeing Bobbi Morse make an appearance, especially in light of her recent meltdown. She's just damaged enough to be a great girlfriend...

You and me both. I wouldn't mind seeing Bobbi Morse make an appearance, especially in light of her recent meltdown. She's just damaged enough to be a great girlfriend...
    You didn't...

I'd be on board with it if only that wouldn't imply that it would be okay for Hawkeye and Black Widow to do the same, which I'd hate to see because that's not a very bro thing to do on either's part really. There's a guy code involved for stuff like this. And it would always pale in comparison to Bucky and Widow's relationship. Brubaker set that bar impossibly high.