Page 33 of 218 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Cool? It would be awesome! And yeah, if Bucky popped Coulson, his fanbase (which is a mystery to me) would definitely be a bit peeved >
    Hahaha yes, I never understood the big deal about Coulson...

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super-turtle View Post
    I heard about it from a guy at my LCS today when I went to pick up my comics! Nooooooooooo!! Why?!? I cannot stand Skye, she's why I quit watching the show! Now she's suddenly Quake?!?! Noooooooo!

I really, really hope this doesn't change the book at all. I don't think it will because Ales Kot seems like he has integrity in his writing but the big whigs at Marvel can easily force it to.

Ughhh, I just can't stand Agents of SHIELD. Now it's gonna mess with my new favorite book ;_;
    Now why would they De age quake to make her skye. Dont, worry I'm sure they won't change this book
    X-Men Forever

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I read the second half of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I'd like to read the whole thing but to my knowledge, there's three different versions collecting the whole thing (the original one, Winter Soldier Dossier Edition and one with the teaser poster to Captain America: The Winter Soldier as a cover). Which is best?

I've read the aforementioned, Captain America: Civil War, Captain America: The Trial of Captain America, Winter Soldier: Broken Arrow and Black Widow Hunt. Because of them and the film, Winter Soldier is one of my favourite characters to come around lately. What was the reaction to Brubaker bringing Bucky back? Has he ever given interviews about the process? Ta.
    The best is Captain America:the winter soldier ultimate college tion, which, has Vol 5 #1-9,11-14. I'd suggest getting that Red menace, Civil war, the death of captain america trilogy, The Man, with No Face, road to reborn, Captain America reborn, two americas, trial of captain america, prison or of war
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Now why would they De age quake to make her skye. Dont, worry I'm sure they won't change this book
    Five years ago, I would've called someone crazy for suggesting that Marvel would begin to turn their comic characters into their movie/show characters.

But in an era where Nick Fury is tied on the moon, I can't really say I'd be surprised if they did.

There really isn't anything in common with comic Quake and AoS Quake. Wonder if they'll tie her to the moon too? Seems like they're too different to suddenly turn our Daisy into their Daisy.

Five years ago, I would've called someone crazy for suggesting that Marvel would begin to turn their comic characters into their movie/show characters.
    I have a theory that might go the other way. In AoS they have introduced what I think is the eventual Infinity Formula. I just wonder if they plan to give that to Samuel L. Jackson, at some point, and turn him into the movie version of Fury Jr.?

Quote Originally Posted by super-turtle View Post
    Hahaha yes, I never understood the big deal about Coulson...
    I think he's alright, cooler now that I've been watching AoS, but it was kinda odd how he took off like he did...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I have a theory that might go the other way. In AoS they have introduced what I think is the eventual Infinity Formula. I just wonder if they plan to give that to Samuel L. Jackson, at some point, and turn him into the movie version of Fury Jr.?
    But Fury Jr. never took the Infinity Formula, did he? If anything that would relate him closer to Sr. though I wouldn't see the point seeing how all it does is slow aging.

Mighty Member

I feel like it's a loose thread if anything. It happened and then it's like it didn't happen. We never got Natasha's opinion on the matter. I would think the memory of him being wiped from her mind would have come up at some point. She had to have been briefed at some point and I sincerely doubt everyone involved would keep it secret from her. It's very unlike Brubaker to leave plot holes like that and I suspect it was a product of an editorial mandate, given how sudden and extreme it was. Essentially, it's Bucky's One More Day.

And as far as a possible reunion goes, I think it was made a point that this was to keep them apart indefinitely, at least romantically.
    Yes, I suspect it was editorial - I think Marvel don't have a lot of time for romantic relationships, either in comics or films.

But Fury Jr. never took the Infinity Formula, did he? If anything that would relate him closer to Sr. though I wouldn't see the point seeing how all it does is slow aging.
    Not that I'm aware of, but I'm talking about when they get to a point where Sammy is either too old or doesn't want to do them anymore. They could use the formula to de-age him and he'd be closer to the young Fury we have now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Not that I'm aware of, but I'm talking about when they get to a point where Sammy is either too old or doesn't want to do them anymore. They could use the formula to de-age him and he'd be closer to the young Fury we have now...
    Oh, then I guess I see your point. Though I think they're pretty close to begin with all things considered.

I assume in Fury Jr.'s case, Marvel just needed a character who looked like Jackson for familiarity purposes.

Wow, I just came across the cover for Bucky Barnes TWS issue 6 by Mike Del Mundo on tumblr. It's very clever!
    BBWS2014006-DelMundo-rev-7c7a8.jpg
    http://feedmecomicart.tumblr.com/pos...-cover-by-mike

This is the last one, I swear! Sorry for the image dump!
    tumblr_ngn51eB8EA1rur48to1_400.jpg
    http://marcorudy.tumblr.com/

That last one is very classic Star Wars movie poster like. I love it.

Great artwork but "my" Winter Soldier is in super-turtle's avatar.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."