Page 42 of 218 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I always thought that sending Bucky into space was a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    No, it just got more esoteric. The last issue was all about "Old" Bucky, and this one was all about "Old" Crossbones who doesn't resemble any version of Crossbones you've ever seen. I don't think any of this would be a problem with a new character, or even just different characters, but it's so out of place with these characters that it feels lost. I don't think Marvel could have found a worse way to cash in on the success of CA:Winter Soldier.
    That's unfortunate. Marvel really dropped the ball with this book.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    That's unfortunate. Marvel really dropped the ball with this book.
    That's putting it mildly. I can understand wanting to shuffle some characters around as of Original Sin, but the whole Man on the Wall thing was a poorly conceived and executed idea. Oh well. Here's hoping for some good Bucky outting post Secret Wars.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    That's putting it mildly. I can understand wanting to shuffle some characters around as of Original Sin, but the whole Man on the Wall thing was a poorly conceived and executed idea. Oh well. Here's hoping for some good Bucky outting post Secret Wars.
    Hopefully. And I was all for the direction and saw potential, but the execution was just... absolute trash.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I always thought that sending Bucky into space was a terrible idea.
    Thats not the the problem though. The problem is this ridiculously slow pace and this boring alternate reality story. The whole Man on the Wall idea wasn't a bad idea, having Bucky do wet work in space could have been cool, and it was for the first two or so issues. But after those issues the pace slowed to a crawl, they stuck Bucky on this same planet, it became about this alternate reality old man Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats not the the problem though. The problem is this ridiculously slow pace and this boring alternate reality story. The whole Man on the Wall idea wasn't a bad idea, having Bucky do wet work in space could have been cool, and it was for the first two or so issues. But after those issues the pace slowed to a crawl, they stuck Bucky on this same planet, it became about this alternate reality old man Bucky.
    Yeah, space assassin operating off of everyone's radar wasn't a horrible idea, but somehow this turned into something else. It tossed out Bucky's broken heart and pining for Natasha and gave his undying love to a blue alien we never met before. Then became about two alternate universe characters that had no resemblance to the originals. On top of that it used Daisy (another character that is getting a boost from the MCU) as cannon fodder. Just bad execution of what was a good situation
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

To think at one point a team-up book about Bucky and Daisy doing wetwork in space had me extremely excited.

Upcoming Reading:

I'm already waiting for a brand new Winter Soldier series.

Fingers crossed!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Hopefully. And I was all for the direction and saw potential, but the execution was just... absolute trash.
    You have me thinking:

If you're going to put Bucky in Space, why not do an alternate Red Room concept for the Winter Soldier during the Communist Soviet regime? If they wanted to ensure his loyalty stuck send him into Space. Play the Cold Wars out in Space and push the Man on the Wall concept (while still addressing how these espionage elements would impact Earth etc.) Go pulp in the best of ways. That would have been completely different, and yet grounded enough for people to still recognize the character.

@Winterboy:

one can hope.

(Yay! I have internet again! I can post on here again!)

Wow, this new series kind of turned into a train wreck, didn't it? I feel like I've been reading the same comic over and over these past three months... When is something going to happen? I'm really happy there's still a Winter Soldier title on the shelves right now but I kind of feel like this story arc is killing it before it even actually starts. At least Marco Rudy's art is still awesome.

I only read bits and pieces of the latest issue. I'm pretty-much done with it, especially considering SW might wipe it all out, anyway...

A very insightful interview with Ed Brubaker shedding some more light on why he left Winter Soldier as well as discussing his Image work. Apparently, he's made the most off comics this year doing creator owned work than he's ever made working for Marvel and it's only been three months! Definitely sounds like he's happy he can be his own boss. Good on him, but I really miss his Winter Soldier...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ss-superheroes

Upcoming Reading:

He will come back someday..
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Hopefully Brubaker and Hickman will come back to marvel some day. I don't blame Ed and am very happy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    Hopefully Brubaker and Hickman will come back to marvel some day. I don't blame Ed and am very happy for him.
    Those two have been instrumental in keeping me buying Marvel books. Can't say I'd buy any other writer's Marvel work solely by name other than those two.

Upcoming Reading: