Page 28 of 218 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    QFT. I am trade waiting since I can't stand the delays, but I thoroughly enjoy that book. Velvet is a lot of fun.
    I agree. I'm buying the trades as well instead of singles. I like brubaker spy work plus epting is an amazing artist
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by super-turtle View Post
    I finally got my hands on a Diamond Select Winter Soldier at Wizard World Philadelphia, they're so hard to find.
    Nice. Mine's sitting on my computer desk. Where do you keep yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Nice. Mine's sitting on my computer desk. Where do you keep yours?
    I keep mine on my bookshelf among my other Marvel collectibles. I use my WS variant covers as a backdrop because I have a variant cover hoarding problem, ha ha.

I keep mine on my bookshelf among my other Marvel collectibles. I use my WS variant covers as a backdrop because I have a variant cover hoarding problem, ha ha.
    Man, if those variants didn't cost as much as they do I would probably buy more of them. I get so many comics every month I don't really wanna spend anymore...

Man, if those variants didn't cost as much as they do I would probably buy more of them. I get so many comics every month I don't really wanna spend anymore...
    Haha yeah same but I guess if I'm gonna spend like $45-$50 a month on comics I might as well have cool covers for a few dollars more. It's silly but I've actually had a few I bought on a whim make some money after I let them sit for a while.

Haha yeah same but I guess if I'm gonna spend like $45-$50 a month on comics I might as well have cool covers for a few dollars more.
    I've dropped my pulls down to about $60 a month (from around $100 at one time) and I plan to cut a bit more. I hear Elektra, Secret Avengers, and possibly X-Force are being cancelled...

I've dropped my pulls down to about $60 a month (from around $100 at one time) and I plan to cut a bit more. I hear Elektra, Secret Avengers, and possibly X-Force are being cancelled...
    I'm not too shocked about X Force but Elektra and Secret Avengers seemed to have been doing well. I've gotta say though, when Secret Avengers changed creative teams it got really dumb and I took it off my list and stopped reading it, the art was sooo bad. Now all I really even have left on my list is Black Widow, Bucky Barnes TWS, Punisher, Loki AoA, Moon Knight, Thor, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Batwoman, Batgirl, and I'm debating adding Captain America because I like the idea of Falcon as Cap but the first one was so poorly written I might not after all.
    Last edited by super-turtle; 11-24-2014 at 11:13 AM.

I'm not too shocked about X Force but Elektra and Secret Avengers seemed to have been doing well. I've gotta say though, when Secret Avengers changed creative teams it got really dumb and I took it off my list and stopped reading it, the art was sooo bad. Now all I really even have left on my list is Black Widow, Bucky Barnes TWS, Punisher, Loki AoA, Moon Knight, Thor, Captain Marvel, She Hulk, Batwoman, Batgirl, and I'm debating adding Captain America because I like the idea of Falcon as Cap but the first one was so poorly written I might not after all.
    I'd recommend going for Cap #1. I really liked it. It reads better than Remender's last Cap run and Immonen draws the hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I'd recommend going for Cap #1. I really liked it. It reads better than Remender's last Cap run and Immonen draws the hell out of it.
    Oh yeah, I already read it, I definitely thought it was way better than the last Cap run but Remender honestly lost me during the two pages of banter between Sam and Batroc about lazy Americans. Batroc's essentially a terrorist, I think his Anti American sentiment runs a little deeper than cheeseburgers and healthcare laws, ha ha. Idk, I know that's a dumb thing to complain about but I'm worried it's setting a tone for the whole series. Remender's writing is a little too Cartoon Network for me when it comes to his Marvel work (which is probably why I disliked WS The Bitter March so much) but I liked his Deadly Class series a lot. I think I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt though and keep picking it up every month.

I've gotta say though, when Secret Avengers changed creative teams it got really dumb and I took it off my list and stopped reading it, the art was sooo bad.
    Tell me about it. I was bummed when the last run ended and was hoping the current one would be good, but no such luck. I hope Marvel is just ending one run and starting another like with other titles...

Oh yeah, I already read it, I definitely thought it was way better than the last Cap run but Remender honestly lost me during the two pages of banter between Sam and Batroc about lazy Americans. Batroc's essentially a terrorist, I think his Anti American sentiment runs a little deeper than cheeseburgers and healthcare laws, ha ha. Idk, I know that's a dumb thing to complain about but I'm worried it's setting a tone for the whole series. Remender's writing is a little too Cartoon Network for me when it comes to his Marvel work (which is probably why I disliked WS The Bitter March so much) but I liked his Deadly Class series a lot. I think I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt though and keep picking it up every month.
    You'll be able to see if it's X-Force/Venom Remender writing or Axis/Bitter March Remender writing soon enough I'm sure. He's hit or miss for me.

Batroc did seem very cartoonish. Didn't seem like him at all. You could literally switch him with any no-name foreign grunt and that scene would read the exact same.

Tell me about it. I was bummed when the last run ended and was hoping the current one would be good, but no such luck. I hope Marvel is just ending one run and starting another like with other titles...
    Yeah, I also liked the last run and I was hoping Bucky would start appearing in the new one because it never seemed to make sense why he wasn't in the Secret Avengers but now I'm really glad he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    You'll be able to see if it's X-Force/Venom Remender writing or Axis/Bitter March Remender writing soon enough I'm sure. He's hit or miss for me.

Batroc did seem very cartoonish. Didn't seem like him at all. You could literally switch him with any no-name foreign grunt and that scene would read the exact same.
    Yeah, I think Remender has two writing styles: 1) actually write a decent story and 2) poorly write what he THINKS the target audience wants and insert his own ridiculous characterizations of bland characters and call it a day. I think the FalCap book was just Marvel trying to push it out as fast as they could because of Axis.

Yeah, I also liked the last run and I was hoping Bucky would start appearing in the new one because it never seemed to make sense why he wasn't in the Secret Avengers but now I'm really glad he didn't.
    Yeah, Spencer hinted around about it when Daisy went looking for him but then nothing happened. Maybe that's about the time they came up with the idea of him being the "Man on the Wall"...

Yeah, Spencer hinted around about it when Daisy went looking for him but then nothing happened. Maybe that's about the time they came up with the idea of him being the "Man on the Wall"...
    Oh yeah, that makes sense because it's just before Original Sin. On another note I wonder what this week's All New Invaders will be about. I guess Bucky's not gonna be in it much longer now that he's got his own series, hopefully he will.