Page 197 of 218 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3263
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER #3 (of 6)
    •TA-NEHISI COATES & EVAN NARCISSE (W) • PAUL RENAUD (A)
    •Cover by Brian Stelfreeze
    •MARVEL SUPER HEROES ADVENTURES VARIANT COVER BY DARIO BRIZUELA
    •SECRET ORIGIN OF THE BLACK PANTHER Part 3
    •Against the wishes of his tribal council, the Black Panther unveils his country to the globe. But will T’Challa’s faith in humanity bring ruin on his resource-rich home? The new king will quickly find his invitation brings unexpected guests. What is the Winter Soldier doing in Africa?!
    •32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    When is this supposed to take place? Looks like it's after Iron Man became active as a hero. Are writers just continuously forgetting that Bucky was in cold storage for almost a couple decades before Karpov brought him back?

Cover is interesting; hair is cut short at a time it was supposed to be long, and facemask is drawn on in an earlier appearance. Wonder if the interiors have the same thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    When is this supposed to take place? Looks like it's after Iron Man became active as a hero. Are writers just continuously forgetting that Bucky was in cold storage for almost a couple decades before Karpov brought him back?

Cover is interesting; hair is cut short at a time it was supposed to be long, and facemask is drawn on in an earlier appearance. Wonder if the interiors have the same thing going on.
    My first thought about Bucky being in this book and in Wakanda was "Corporate Synergy" .

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Bucky was in storage but brought out for missions periodicly. Looks to be the case here
    X-Men Forever

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Bucky was in storage but brought out for missions periodicly. Looks to be the case here
    Did they ever state that was the case after Karpov’s death, though? Captain America #11 states he was decommissioned and put on a shelf, and implies he wasn’t really active until Lukin* (got that wrong in my last post) brings him back out.

I mean, it’s the easiest explanation for all the times he showed up when he wasn’t supposed to, but it bugs me to think they would punch holes in the timeline Brubaker specifically crafted in order to explain why no one would know about Bucky so casually lol

Did they ever state that was the case after Karpov’s death, though? Captain America #11 states he was decommissioned and put on a shelf, and implies he wasn’t really active until Lukin* (got that wrong in my last post) brings him back out.

I mean, it’s the easiest explanation for all the times he showed up when he wasn’t supposed to, but it bugs me to think they would punch holes in the timeline Brubaker specifically crafted in order to explain why no one would know about Bucky so casually lol
    He's going through Wolverine syndrome at the moment. He has a long past that is mostly empty. I suspect that like Wolverine, that will be filled out every time a writer has an idea to use him. I'm fine with it. I wish it was smoother, but there's a lot of potential for good stories for Bucky as the Winter Soldier.

However, I can't get the taste of "synergy" out of my mouth with his particular use here.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    He's going through Wolverine syndrome at the moment. He has a long past that is mostly empty. I suspect that like Wolverine, that will be filled out every time a writer has an idea to use him. I'm fine with it. I wish it was smoother, but there's a lot of potential for good stories for Bucky as the Winter Soldier.

However, I can't get the taste of "synergy" out of my mouth with his particular use here.
    That’s there, is a great analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Yep.

We need an UNTOLD TALES OF WINTER SOLDIER series ASAP.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Yep.

We need an UNTOLD TALES OF WINTER SOLDIER series ASAP.
    ....In the meantime; let's hear your thoughts regarding TALES OF SUSPENSE #100 (w/ his "co-star" Clint Barton/Hawkeye, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ....In the meantime; let's hear your thoughts regarding TALES OF SUSPENSE #100 (w/ his "co-star" Clint Barton/Hawkeye, of course).
    Just next week for me, my friend.
    I live in Brazil.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

May have to wait until the new year for Tales of Suspense 100 (that's what I get for pre-ordering.) The art and story look fantastic, but good things come to those who have to wait.

Glad everyone is enjoying it.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

The plot itself is fine to me. I just dont like this version of Hawkeye. And where does the i hate bucky thing come from. As matt read any of brubakers cap. Clint didnt hate him
    X-Men Forever

TO INFINITY WAR & BEYOND WITH TIGH WALKER

https://news.marvel.com/comics/82383...d-tigh-walker/

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    The plot itself is fine to me. I just dont like this version of Hawkeye. And where does the i hate bucky thing come from. As matt read any of brubakers cap. Clint didnt hate him
    Seems like everybody hates him. Remember Original Sin, I think it was? Didn't Fury say he never liked Bucky, anyway? It seems to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Seems like everybody hates him. Remember Original Sin, I think it was? Didn't Fury say he never liked Bucky, anyway? It seems to be a thing.
    Wasn't that an LMD?