Page 199 of 218 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3263

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They had a very brief team-up in Standoff right before Steve got "restored."
    Ah, I remember that. That was brief lol. Never quite got our Sam/Bucky catchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Eh, you can argue they were always different enough from the 616, so it wasn't as big a blow. But at least they didn't lose everything in order to become souless puppets to dangle in front of Normies with quips and catchphrases. I mean, yeah, stuff happened. Most of the X-Men died, Magneto surpassed even his cannibalistic comments, Sue got turned into a Slut, Ben into Bendis' self-insert and Reed, well, Reed's complicated. But at least we never got two 40 year old men high fiving, saying "awesome facial hair bros" and then the internet lauding it as a TOP JOKE LEL. Ultimate made me sad. Current Marvel just makes me angry.
    Early on, I think Millar's Ultimates had a lot of the pandering problems the 616 has recently had, only with less cringey, forced millenial humour, and more cringey pop culture "modernizing". It found its footing and then lost it again in Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum. And it never recovered after that imo. There were undoubtedly some gems in that mess, but the 1610 did have an aura of expendability. You could live with the changes sometimes, since they weren't really "your characters". 616 is different in that regard. So I guess that impacts us differently.

I do wonder how the Ultimate U would've done Winter Soldier. Any ideas?
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I think you were hoping for something more like a Brooklyn Bar meeting between the three ... like this.

8FA8712B-C31E-47EF-BBB9-A743125AF1C5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I think you were hoping for something more like a Brooklyn Bar meeting between the three ... like this.

8FA8712B-C31E-47EF-BBB9-A743125AF1C5.jpg
    That shirt makes him look like Charlie Sheen from Two and a Half Men
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

On sale item at the local Moscow thrift store in ‘63. Does make me wonder if they ever went out bowling together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Early on, I think Millar's Ultimates had a lot of the pandering problems the 616 has recently had, only with less cringey, forced millenial humour, and more cringey pop culture "modernizing". It found its footing and then lost it again in Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum. And it never recovered after that imo. There were undoubtedly some gems in that mess, but the 1610 did have an aura of expendability. You could live with the changes sometimes, since they weren't really "your characters". 616 is different in that regard. So I guess that impacts us differently.
    I could live with Millar's stuff, because I do love me some "America, **** Yeah" moments. Over-The-Top, crazy and full of explosions, with sharp and witty dialogue. What more do you need in a blockbuster? But yeah, **** hit the fan with Ultimatum.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I do wonder how the Ultimate U would've done Winter Soldier. Any ideas?
    Maybe something to do with William Burnshide? Becomes the new Cap, things don't go smoothly so he defects to the Soviet Union and becomes the Winter Soldier.

I could live with Millar's stuff, because I do love me some "America, **** Yeah" moments. Over-The-Top, crazy and full of explosions, with sharp and witty dialogue. What more do you need in a blockbuster? But yeah, **** hit the fan with Ultimatum.
    In regards to Ult Cap, he was one of my favourites actually. Non-likable in many ways, but had a really entertaining dynamic.

However the Ultimates used the then current political climate as a crux as much as many of the 616's current books did, almost to the point that sometimes it became a parody.

Maybe something to do with William Burnshide? Becomes the new Cap, things don't go smoothly so he defects to the Soviet Union and becomes the Winter Soldier.
    I thought way back about maybe a descendant who was a SHIELD agent defecting to the Soviets during the Cold War through brainwashing, but then they did a story where his son becomes the Red Skull and throws a baby out the window...

Upcoming Reading:

WS by Ken Lashey

ken lashey.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

ToS #101...

ToS 101.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    ToS #101...

ToS 101.jpg
    Umm, Bucky's the spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    WS by Ken Lashey

ken lashey.jpg
    Damn. Lashley is a beast!

In regards to Ult Cap, he was one of my favourites actually. Non-likable in many ways, but had a really entertaining dynamic.
    None of the Ultimates ever felt likable to me. They always felt like horribly messed up people.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    None of the Ultimates ever felt likable to me. They always felt like horribly messed up people.
    Agreed. They sure didn't act like heroes.

Secret Avengers.

Three more left...

(SPOILER) Avengers: Infinity War' Prelude Hints At How The Winter Soldier Is Brought Back

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/...-brought-back/