Page 206 of 218 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3263
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Crazy how underutilized this character is by Marvel editorial. He's been a fan favorite since his Brubaker genesis, only to have that popularity amplified by the MCU version. Yet, the best we have for him is a supporting character gig in Cap's book? Not to mention all the long gaps where he doesn't appear in any titles. I understand Bucky's presence hasn't helped generate great sales in a few books in recent years, but that can easily be said about many Marvel characters who keep on getting books produced for them anyway. I think anyone who monitors this thread knows that there is immense untapped potential in Bucky's story. It's bizzare to me.

Put him in a book that is way less about super heroes and way more about espionage. Make it an ensemble book with Black Widow and other characters that actually fit in that world. Give 'em a good creative team. At the very least you should do no worse than a lot of Marvel books are doing these days.

What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Put him in a book that is way less about super heroes and way more about espionage. Make it an ensemble book with Black Widow and other characters that actually fit in that world. Give 'em a good creative team. At the very least you should do no worse than a lot of Marvel books are doing these days.

What a waste.
    Where do I sign?

Bucky in Ant Man & Wasp #2

ant man & wasp 2 Winter Soldier.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 06-20-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I think at this point, most of Bucky's retconned appearances as Winter Soldier conflict with Brubaker's established continuity ...

Really? Geez. Brubaker's work should be the bible for Bucky. That's terrible but not surprising.

That's an art error. Current design, but it's a flashback to when he was still working for Russia - so at the very least, his hair should've been short there, as it was when he first reappeared.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's an art error. Current design, but it's a flashback to when he was still working for Russia - so at the very least, his hair should've been short there, as it was when he first reappeared.
    Actually, that's not where the continuity error is! Bucky grew his hair out back in the 70s when his programming shorted out on a mission and he disappeared for a few months in America. That's why he has long hair when he first shows back up in Brubaker's run.

The error lies in the fact that Winter Soldier was decomissioned and kept on ice starting from the 80s all the way until Aleksander Lukin reactivated him at the beginning of Brubaker's Cap run. Brubaker was very intentional about writing his story so that there wouldn't have been many chances for Bucky to bump into any of the modern heroes who would recognize that Captain America's dead sidekick was running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Crazy how underutilized this character is by Marvel editorial. He's been a fan favorite since his Brubaker genesis, only to have that popularity amplified by the MCU version. Yet, the best we have for him is a supporting character gig in Cap's book? Not to mention all the long gaps where he doesn't appear in any titles. I understand Bucky's presence hasn't helped generate great sales in a few books in recent years, but that can easily be said about many Marvel characters who keep on getting books produced for them anyway. I think anyone who monitors this thread knows that there is immense untapped potential in Bucky's story. It's bizzare to me.

What a waste.
    Couldn't agree with you more.

They really mishandled the perfect team for Bucky with Thunderbolts imo. That had all the potential in the world and didn't amount to much.

Marvel's sitting on a wealth of characters for the perfect Secret Avengers squad and they're not doing anything with them.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    spoilers:
    Why does he have his 2018 look and hair when the original series showed him dying as Captain America (presumably with short hair)?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    spoilers:
    Why does he have his 2018 look and hair when the original series showed him dying as Captain America (presumably with short hair)?
    end of spoilers
    OH SNAP! good catch!? Hadn't even thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well we saw him "die" 50 years before the events of Old Man Logan, so since the Old Man Hawkeye serie takes place 5 years before Old Man Logan that means 45 years passed between his "death" at the hands of the Red Skull and this issue, I'm sure his hair might have grow back in the meantime lol.

Also we only saw the Red Skull crushing his eyes but not killing him, and if you look closely at the last panel of this issue you can see some scars around his eyes. So maybe the Skull just spared his life and brainwashed him again in order to use him as his own personal weapon.
    end of spoilers

We should know more about what happened to him in issue 7 or 8.
    Last edited by Hush; 06-29-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Samnee's Bucky.

samnee WS.jpg

Yu's Winter Soldier.

BARNES.jpg