Page 207 of 218 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3263

Barnes has a new mission!

SPOILERS...

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uuXbU2qik...%2BMISSION.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

For some reason, I was not anticipating him being in that series and now I'm geeked.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Coates did say the "Brubaker" characters will be prominent so far Falcon is only one missing. Well except fury but hes in Exiles so theres that lol. And Nat but im sure hanging with Cap isnt a plesent thought
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Well, I don't really follow the things authors talk about. I just read the comics as they come out, and obsessively google news about Mr. and Mrs. X.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I think Coates (or Brevoort?) did specify that Sam and Natasha would be joining the team. I don't see her holding a grudge against the real Steve, anyway.

I enjoyed today's issue a lot, especially Sharon. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I think Coates (or Brevoort?) did specify that Sam and Natasha would be joining the team. I don't see her holding a grudge against the real Steve, anyway.

I enjoyed today's issue a lot, especially Sharon. Can't wait to see where it goes!
    Brevoort.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Loved Bucky's appearance here. It's nice that Bucky has fallen right back into his role as Cap's partner after all this time, and his position as "designated killer" feels like a role Sharon filled in the past.

Interesting that both he and Sharon were requested to meet with Thunderbolt Ross. How much of the general public knows he's alive at this point? Part of me wonders whether Bucky actively tried to keep up the ruse of his death after Fear Itself, or whether he just kind of stopped caring about whether he's seen in public and what kind of rumors spread about him.

Also, there's no reference to his Man on the Wall position here. I'm kind of wondering whether Coates will reference it in passing or just not bring it up. I wouldn't mind if it just faded into the background...
    Last edited by responsarbre; 07-04-2018 at 05:07 PM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Loved Bucky's appearance here. It's nice that Bucky has fallen right back into his role as Cap's partner after all this time, and his position as "designated killer" feels like a role Sharon filled in the past.

Interesting that both he and Sharon were requested to meet with Thunderbolt Ross. How much of the general public knows he's alive at this point? Part of me wonders whether Bucky actively tried to keep up the ruse of his death after Fear Itself, or whether he just kind of stopped caring about whether he's seen in public and what kind of rumors spread about him.

Also, there's no reference to his Man on the Wall position here. I'm kind of wondering whether Coates will reference it in passing or just not bring it up. I wouldn't mind if it just faded into the background...
    i agree with this sentiment. i say ignore it because it never worked for Fury and doesnt work for bucky. i like bucky written this way brings back feel of Brubakers run on Cap. and i love that run
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

So Bucky was pardoned along with Ross.

Has anyone been reading punisher? It seems Nat and Bucky are an item again.

I don't understand if she has her memories of him back or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    I asked Matt Rosenberg on Twitter, and he said he couldn't say. The implication was that it might be addressed in a different book (maybe Captain America?), but he didn't say for sure.

Not following but briefly perused the previews. About where Rosenberg left them at end of TOS. Maybe too subtle, but she refers to him as Bucky not James which was a staple with Brubaker. Makes it unclear if her memories have been restored. Still can’t forgive Brubaker for that ending in Winter Soldier

As far as Man on the Wall, I thought fairly forgettable

Amazing Member

I read these last two issues of Punisher, and they seem to be the only continuation of Rosenberg's Tales of Suspense mini. It doesn't really establish that they're a couple again, but the ending of TOS does show Nat asking for Bucky's help on something (it was unclear whether it was Red Room related or Hydra/secret empire related). I wonder if something will get announced at SDCC to explore what exactly Nat is planning. Then again, she is tied to the Infinity Wars event so who knows.

Also, my first post on these forums!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Not following but briefly perused the previews. About where Rosenberg left them at end of TOS. Maybe too subtle, but she refers to him as Bucky not James which was a staple with Brubaker. Makes it unclear if her memories have been restored. Still can’t forgive Brubaker for that ending in Winter Soldier

As far as Man on the Wall, I thought fairly forgettable
    I believe she only called him James mostly in private or amongst friends. Maybe not in front of the punisher?

Another continuity issue, frank knows who Bucky is. They had a tussle right before frank admitted he was no match for Bucky in a straight up fight.

Amazing Member

There was also this encounter from Original Sin:

https://i.redd.it/bnnchoecy1y01.jpg

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by disillusion386 View Post
    There was also this encounter from Original Sin:

https://i.redd.it/bnnchoecy1y01.jpg
    LOL, Bucky was so mean in that interaction.