Page 211 of 218 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3263

Bucky’s Thunderbolts was weird from the start. It was trying to go for a 90s throwback, but Bucky was never around in the 90’s. It was just weird, and not good weird, but hard to look at weird.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Some more info on the new mini by Higgins:
    https://www.cbr.com/winter-soldier-s...-bucky-barnes/

This is basically my favorite type of story, but I can't help but think how badly it went when Bucky tried to do something like that with the Thunderbolts.

Also Bucky was never in the Secret Avengers! @whoever wrote this article
    That sounds amazing, can't wait.

And yeah, he wasn't in Secret Avengers and also didn't work for Hydra lol

This has the potential to be a good story, but right now there's something about how he's talking about the book that just seems really off. Do we know who the book's editor is? Because if it's the same editor from Thunderbolts, that could be it. She's been pushing hard to turn 616 Bucky into a version of MCU Bucky, and that may be where that "Hydra operative" nonsense is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang View Post
    This has the potential to be a good story, but right now there's something about how he's talking about the book that just seems really off. Do we know who the book's editor is? Because if it's the same editor from Thunderbolts, that could be it. She's been pushing hard to turn 616 Bucky into a version of MCU Bucky, and that may be where that "Hydra operative" nonsense is coming from.
    I'm curious if thats a paraphrase or just a mistake by whoever wrote the article for cbr. Because I dont recal Higgins ever saying anything about Hydra, has he?

Not in any of the previous articles about the series that I have seen. I have a friend who was at the panel, so I'm planning on asking her if he mentioned Hydra at all.

So... they’re having Bucky go public so he can not wear the domino mask like the MCU version. Disappointing. He was unique in that he could only work in the shadows because people couldn’t know he’s alive. But Marvel of now is just so intent on ditching secret identities and MCU synergy above all else.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    So... they’re having Bucky go public so he can not wear the domino mask like the MCU version. Disappointing. He was unique in that he could only work in the shadows because people couldn’t know he’s alive. But Marvel of now is just so intent on ditching secret identities and MCU synergy above all else.
    There's no way he could keep up that secret indefinitely, domino mask or no domino mask. The only way to do that would be to get a brand-new superhero identity.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    With you on the mask ... impractical yes, but iconic, totally. The “mouth guard” from the MCU, WTF? Still loved the movies don’t get me wrong.

Read “Winter Kills”. Lee Weeks drew his ass off and that old iconic mask, yup nothing better.

daniel warren johnson WS.jpg
    Daniel Warren Johnson

simone Bianchi WS.jpg
    Simoni Bianchi

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

All-New Member

WINTER SOLDIER #2
    KYLE HIGGINS (W) • ROD REIS (A/C)
    As Bucky works to help others find the redemption that he found, Hydra takes issue with his new initiative…and sends a young killer to rectify the situation. Introducing R.J., teenage assassin extraordinaire, who’s been sent to kill the man he’s been modeled after: the Winter Soldier. WS2018002-cov.jpg

INVADERS #1
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • CARLOS MAGNO & BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    Variant Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    Variant Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY JOE QUESADA
    B&W VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY JOE QUESADA
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY FRANK ROBBINS
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    THE GREATEST GENERATION OF MARVEL HEROES IS BACK – TO STOP ONE OF THEIR OWN!
    In commemoration of Marvel’s 80th anniversary and springing from events in the pages of AVENGERS and THE BEST DEFENSE, the Marvel Universe’s first super-team is back! CAPTAIN AMERICA. THE HUMAN TORCH. THE WINTER SOLDIER. NAMOR. They fought in WORLD WAR II together as THE INVADERS. But now NAMOR is the enemy, a global threat more powerful than ever. His deadly plans are as deep and far-reaching as the ocean and REVELATIONS about his past could THREATEN the MARVEL UNIVERSE! It’s up to his old teammates to stop him, but what chance do they have against the man who knows their every move? ”War Ghost” begins here!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Sign me up for both issues (and Captain America as well)

I’d pick up the Invaders just for Guice’s art

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I’d pick up the Invaders just for Guice’s art
    Zdarsky said Guice is drawing the flash back scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Zdarsky said Guice is drawing the flash back scenes.
    You know I’m going to look at those pages and want the Black Widow in them too. I suspect you as well.