Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Look for them at Mcdonalds.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Link to a nice piece of WS fan art on tumblr by hewdel.

I like the spot color.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Yeah, it is sad.

I'm reluctant to use some of those screenshots/gifs, I'll just wait until the film is officially released for home consumption.

I understand Bucky is getting a decent moment in Original Sin (If something huge happens, I'll pick up those issues, because there are many murders he must answer for.)

My next question is for everyone:

What do you want to see in the next Winter Soldier story (hopefully series)?

I'd like more flashbacks. I loved the fragments of missions we've seen, but I actually want to read one or two as they happened. I always felt there was never enough of Bucky as the Winter Soldier proper. Guess it's a desire to see something like Team X in current day Marvel comics > except it's one character instead of a team.
    Yup.
    I want to see the next 'step' for Bucky, the next progression.

Since films are often shot out of sequence, I'm wondering if that "End of the Line" scene was one of the earliest ones filmed since Sebastian's hair looks slightly shorter there than it does in the rest of the film. I'm still a bit baffled that they would need to make him look younger though. I suppose less hardened and/or haunted would be a better choice of phrase rather than younger.
    Well, less muscular, too, I imagine. Even with whatever work they did, he looked more cut in the flashback then I remember him looking in the first movie. Also, from context I thought they were meant to be teenagers in the flashback, but neither of them really looked it.

I'd like more flashbacks. I loved the fragments of missions we've seen, but I actually want to read one or two as they happened. I always felt there was never enough of Bucky as the Winter Soldier proper. Guess it's a desire to see something like Team X in current day Marvel comics > except it's one character instead of a team.
    I want to see a series/mini about his Winter Soldier missions back in the day, told from his brainwashed perspective. Where he thinks he's a good guy doing the right thing, while assassinating people and fighting SHIELD or other people the reader knows to be the good guys. They could do multiple missions (maybe one per issue, if it's a mini), each set in a different decade, and have the art/design style reflect the different periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Holy...those figures look amazing!!!!!

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Granov's art is incredible, I really liked Captain America Living Legend. I would love to see him do more Winter Soldier.

Yeah, so much for me saving $, I pre-ordered one myself. I won't be doing any of the swap outs for different hands/heads though. I busted my Rescue Cap Hot Toys figure just trying to swap out the left hand > that just crushed me.
    Oh no! that must be horrible! The same thing happened to me with my Randy Bowen Thor statue w/ interchangeable heads (bearded and clean shaven) my mom was dusting and didn't realize the heads were detachable, and broke the bearded one, then when I was switching it out I droped the clean shaven one ad broke it!!!! Now his helmet is wingless!!!! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I want a Winter Soldier, Mockingbird, and Quake team up book (I mentioned this in another thread). They set that up at the end of Spencer's SA, so I want them to actually go somewhere near it. Maybe even get the original Nick Fury involved as well.
    That's be cool. I thought they were going to do that, at the end of the run.

Link to a nice piece of WS fan art on tumblr by hewdel.

I like the spot color.
    Great art, I like the red in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Trouble View Post
    I want to see a series/mini about his Winter Soldier missions back in the day, told from his brainwashed perspective. Where he thinks he's a good guy doing the right thing, while assassinating people and fighting SHIELD or other people the reader knows to be the good guys. They could do multiple missions (maybe one per issue, if it's a mini), each set in a different decade, and have the art/design style reflect the different periods.
    That would be really interesting! If it's a mini, the final issue could be Captain America: The Winter Soldier (comic) from his perspective, I really like to see that.

My next question is for everyone:

I'd like to see anything with Winter Soldier, others have already come up with some great ideas, I would like the creative team to be any combination of Rick Remender (Winter Soldier: Bitter March is really good), Ed Brubaker (this should be a no brainer, obviously) or Ales Kott (I like his Secret Avengers and Iron Patriot), and the artists to be either Adi Granov, Carlos Pacheco, or Nic Klein.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

That's close to what I had in mind. Very cool.

And I love your idea of the art/design reflecting different missions in different eras.

They could even use Soviet Cold War propaganda style posters for some of the art (I love that stuff.)

The Captain America Gulag arc had some interesting references to the Department X Red Room (beyond the Project Zephyr which launched the WS series.) A lot could be done with this. I'd vote for Butch Guice to come back, Phil Noto. I think Nathan Edmonson would be a good writer for it (since he's done Soviet spy stuff prior to Black Widow.)

Who would be some artists you'd like to see on this?

Well, less muscular, too, I imagine. Even with whatever work they did, he looked more cut in the flashback then I remember him looking in the first movie. Also, from context I thought they were meant to be teenagers in the flashback, but neither of them really looked it.
    Yeah, neither of them do look like teenagers. Although Sebastian sounds a bit younger, his inflection sold that to me. It's funny the same FX crew that did Skinny Steve in the first film, did this scene with work on the both of them and Chris looks a bit bigger here. I suspect the backgrounds of late 1930s NYC did not help either.

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Granov's art is incredible, I really liked Captain America Living Legend. I would love to see him do more Winter Soldier.

Oh no! that must be horrible! The same thing happened to me with my Randy Bowen Thor statue w/ interchangeable heads (bearded and clean shaven) my mom was dusting and didn't realize the heads were detachable, and broke the bearded one, then when I was switching it out I droped the clean shaven one ad broke it!!!! Now his helmet is wingless!!!! LOL.

That's be cool. I thought they were going to do that, at the end of the run.

Great art, I like the red in the picture.

That would be really interesting! If it's a mini, the final issue could be Captain America: The Winter Soldier (comic) from his perspective, I really like to see that.

I'd like to see anything with Winter Soldier, others have already come up with some great ideas, I would like the creative team to be any combination of Rick Remender (Winter Soldier: Bitter March is really good), Ed Brubaker (this should be a no brainer, obviously) or Ales Kott (I like his Secret Avengers and Iron Patriot), and the artists to be either Adi Granov, Carlos Pacheco, or Nic Klein.
    I haven't seen Adi Granov's WS. I'll have to look that up.

Oooh. I feel for you with the Thor statute. At this point, the Rescue Cap is out of my budget at eBay.

Some very cool ideas as far as the series, I want more from the brainwashed Bucky's perspective. We have a wonderful trove of him afterward.

I hope Marvel has Larry Hama write a prose adaptation of the WS run (I have to pick up his prose Death of Captain America eventually. Have you read that yet tg1982? How is it?) and that they also release the screenplay for it as they did CATFA (which actually makes me appreciate that film even more now.)

Got a good chuckle last night: saw the film again, and as I was leaving I heard a girlfriend scolding her boyfriend for wanting to leave before the Bucky Smithsonian end credit. She said "You have no idea how important those ten seconds of him looking at himself will be for the next movie."

I still hear people gasp or freak when the WS is revealed to be Bucky too. That never gets old.

BANNED

Is this an old piece, or is it the new Gabriele Dell'Otto variant for Original Sin?

Extraordinary Member

Not sure, could be old.

bucky2feat__span.jpg
    But what about cute tiny Bucky?

Extraordinary Member

Before the dark days.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

Is this an old piece, or is it the new Gabriele Dell'Otto variant for Original Sin?
    Oldish > Lee Bermejo - that's a variant cover from The Winter Soldier #1.

Butch Guice's Original Sin 4 variant >

Original_Sin_4_Teaser_Variant.jpg

^ That's kind of creepy, but I love it.

and speaking of Butch, here's a panel from Winter Soldier

BG-WS1.jpg