Page 52 of 218 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

I also don't like Kot's Secret Avengers. It was way too silly for a book that's suppossed to be an espionage title...

Just a few days, my friends..
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I also don't like Kot's Secret Avengers. It was way too silly for a book that's suppossed to be an espionage title...
    I don't know that it was ever supposed to be an espionage title. It was Maria Hill's private Avengers that she could use to deal with threats that she absolutely did not want to go public. The silliness is something I think Mighty Avengers could've used.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I don't know that it was ever supposed to be an espionage title.
    Considering the team she put together why wouldn't it be?

Considering the team she put together why wouldn't it be?
    Not on topic, but I liked the book so...

I'll agree that on paper team was ideally suited for espionage, but there was never any indication that was what Maria needed. What she needed was a team that was good at finding information. The real advantage to the roster was that none of the team members were Mutants, Inhumans, or Illuminati. They were specifically chosen to deal with problems that were human related and unlikely to be addressed by other groups. They were a stop gap measure for Maria, and the things that slipped through the cracks were always going to be a little odd. Everything else could be handled by SHIELD or one of the many heroes. The fact is that most of what they had to do was deal with MODOK's old plans, and Maria really wanted to make sure nobody knew she had him.
    Last edited by Conway; 07-06-2015 at 12:30 PM.

I haven't followed Secret Avengers much, but weren't all previous volumes based more on espionage than 101 superheroics?

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I'll agree that on paper team was ideally suited for espionage, but there was never any indication that was what Maria needed.
    After the previous run, which Kot was credited on toward the end, and the team that was assembled it should have been an espionage book. All indications were that it was going to be, then Kot happened...

After the previous run, which Kot was credited on toward the end, and the team that was assembled it should have been an espionage book. All indications were that it was going to be, then Kot happened...
    Guy thinks he is the new Grant Morrison..

So overrated...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Guy thinks he is the new Grant Morrison.. So overrated...
    I haven't read any of his work outside of Marvel, but considering how SA and WS turned out I won't be...

Well, there have been at least 4 versions of Bucky in Battleworld. Sure two are dead and one is missing, but for those of us that felt WS had been misused or neglected it is nice to know that several writers wanted him for their stories.

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

So no Bucky announcements at Comic Con. Thoughts on his future after Secret Wars?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Guy thinks he is the new Grant Morrison..

So overrated...
    To be fair, a lot of readers including myself find that Grant constantly fails to live up to his own hype.

I have no idea where Kot is with all this. Certainly, he's taken on a strange online persona and doesn't seem to jive with the superhero industry.

BUT he's highly competent and will focus hard on his own work. Meanwhile, Bucky will be demoted to messenger boy between Steve and Sam. That last comic was probably it, hope the majority of people are happy.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdmorris1124 View Post
    So no Bucky announcements at Comic Con. Thoughts on his future after Secret Wars?
    In today's interview with nick Spencer about the new Sam Wilson cap series he basicly said he's using bucky. He was, asked if he's using him and he goes I'm not gonna comment on that. But he would be cool to show up.

as soon as, he, said no, comment that indicates he was using him lll
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 07-14-2015 at 09:42 AM.
    X-Men Forever

For anyone playing Avengers Alliance looks like Bucky will be coming back perhaps being recruitable.

I guess it's better Bucky have no book at all as to have one that sucks. We still have the MCU...