Page 55 of 218 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    Those are good choices, all of them being Fury's other options for Man On The Wall
    To think, Fury's choices for Man on the Wall almost spawned their own team ongoing. Apparently, there were "talks" about it.

Winter Soldier
    Emma Frost
    Moon Knight
    Black Panther
    Gamora
    Dr. Strange
    Punisher
    Ant-Man

That's a deadly team.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Ant-Man spoilers:

spoilers:
    It actually made me a bit worried tbh. I had the sense that the search for Bucky was going to be an intense action sequence in Cap 3 between Bucky, Falcon, Cap, Widow and Agent 13 but instead they opt to skip it and the result put into an after credits scene of another movie. Makes me think they're going to compress Bucky's story in Civil War in order to fit in their big superhero fight. I'm not even sure why they're still calling it Cap 3 if that's the case. I hope I'm wrong though. Would be great to see Bucky's story come to fruition in a way that's does justice to the character.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The way I saw it was this was an actual scene from Civil War. Probably somewhere mid movie. I don't think this was shot just for Ant-Man. I'd say it's a safe bet we see this exact scene play out on screen in May with more context of course.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by jdmorris1124 View Post
    spoilers:
    The way I saw it was this was an actual scene from Civil War. Probably somewhere mid movie. I don't think this was shot just for Ant-Man. I'd say it's a safe bet we see this exact scene play out on screen in May with more context of course.

end of spoilers
    I hope so. I'd very much like that story to be fleshed out instead of overlooked.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

To think, Fury's choices for Man on the Wall almost spawned their own team ongoing. Apparently, there were "talks" about it.

Winter Soldier
    Emma Frost
    Moon Knight
    Black Panther
    Gamora
    Dr. Strange
    Punisher
    Ant-Man

That's a deadly team.
    I would definitely read this!

A Mark Millar Ultimate Winter Soldier would be off the wall awesome, but knowing Millar, he would add something unnecessary to his character.

As for his two teammates, if it were a general SHIELD team, Daisy Johnson and Sharon Carter or Sam Wilson (as either Falcon or FalCap). If we're going more dark wetworks, Punisher and Black Widow. BW might be a distraction to him, but the dynamic would be interesting, especially when Punisher is thrown into the mix.
    The pairing of Winter Soldier and Daisy Johnson should continue with a better writer; both characters need more of a push in the Marvel Universe. I think the third option of either Sharon or Sam would work well. I still feel that Black Widow would be a distraction because no writer can resist using their history as conflict. As for Punisher, he doesn't play well with others.

It could be a three person squad with a guest fourth member depending on the mission. For example, Agent Rosalind "Roz" Solomon could briefly join up dealing with a high level environmental issue or Special Agent Abigail Brand dealing with some interplanetary mission. All these tools in the box that are not being utilized to their best potential is sad.

I think Daisy is likely to appear in SHIELD series since they are pushing for that synergy with the TV show.

WS by Nic Klein...
    klein ws.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by TethMau74 View Post

It could be a three person squad with a guest fourth member depending on the mission. For example, Agent Rosalind "Roz" Solomon could briefly join up dealing with a high level environmental issue or Special Agent Abigail Brand dealing with some interplanetary mission. All these tools in the box that are not being utilized to their best potential is sad.
    It is sad. Some great potential character interactions there. Ideally, I'd like to see the original Fury as their liason. Would be nice to have agents outside of SHIELD's jurisdiction. I feel like Marvel's been using them too much in too many books, but I don't think Marvel plans to use Fury in that way any time soon unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think Daisy is likely to appear in SHIELD series since they are pushing for that synergy with the TV show.
    She already has. And in one issue, they apparently retconned her into an Inhuman and started calling her Skye.

It was horrible.

Upcoming Reading:

Mighty Member

She already has. And in one issue, they apparently retconned her into an Inhuman and started calling her Skye.

It was horrible.
    LOL! Daisy was one of my favorite characters, but after the Skye=Daisy thing I started letting her go, because I knew what was going to happen. It has made it a lot easier on my emotions regarding her being involved in this book, the inevitable Skye Daisy integration, and the potential complete and total transformation of Daisy into Skye.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    LOL! Daisy was one of my favorite characters, but after the Skye=Daisy thing I started letting her go, because I knew what was going to happen. It has made it a lot easier on my emotions regarding her being involved in this book, the inevitable Skye Daisy integration, and the potential complete and total transformation of Daisy into Skye.
    I've been following the character since Secret War and through Secret Warriors all the way up to Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier. It's really hard letting go as she's one of my favourites. I'll have to come to terms with the fact Marvel is willing to change the character to match her tv counterpart soon enough. It's unfortunate that because she is, at best, a C lister in the comics, Marvel can change, shape and morph her without much uproar and generally fly under the radar with it. As selfish as it might sound to read it back to msyelf, she isn't my Daisy Johnson anymore and I can't help but feel resentful towards the inevitable new iteration.

But I mean, at least they aren't leaving her on the moon?

Upcoming Reading:

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

- Winter Soldier
    - Nick Fury (The One and Only)
    - Joe Robards

There's my team book.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

BANNED

Winter Soldier
    Emma Frost
    Moon Knight
    Black Panther
    Gamora
    Dr. Strange
    Punisher
    Ant-Man

That's a deadly team.
    Take out Strange (too OP for such a team) and BAM! Instant awesomeness! TBH, Original Sin had a pretty good idea with "The Man on the Wall". I personally found it pretty awesome and I was really looking forward to seeing it explored, but this new WS series is, well, less than ideal...

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    - Winter Soldier
    - Joe Robards

There's my team book.
    Best team for a Cold War tale...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Shield Black Ops.jpg

Winter Soldier
    Emma Frost
    Moon Knight
    Black Panther
    Gamora
    Dr. Strange
    Punisher
    Ant-Man

That's a deadly team.
    I can see this working as a team book.

So in today's Acel-In-Charge:

Let's wrap the week with some fan questions. Prince of Orphans has his eye on the Winter Soldier, asking, "One character I'm surprised has seemed to go a bit under the radar is Bucky Barnes. Could we expect big things for him post-'Secret Wars'?"

Alonso: Bucky's continuing to appear in his own solo series "Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier" -- and beyond "Secret Wars," we'll see. Versions of Bucky have popped up in a few places during "Secret Wars," including "Planet Hulk" and "Runaways."

Complete non-answer when it comes to Bucky post-SW... Makes me a bit worried for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    - Winter Soldier
    - Joe Robards

There's my team book.
    Almost forgot about Joe Robards! Miss that guy.

Upcoming Reading: